Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks so much, Douglas!

Tahitian keshi studs from Takahashi. I made the dangly jackets, the tin cups and strand, with tiny Tahitians from Alex Collins.
IMG_3074.jpeg
IMG_6231.jpeg

Welcome back @eolian pearls !
These pieces are fantastic...love the necklace! These look like Cortez to me...Carolyn used to buy a lot of these odd shaped pearls from us, maybe some are there? I don't know, but I love the necklace!
I was thinking with the color and luster, the necklace might be extremely baroque Akoya? But you are the expert, Douglas… gorgeous necklace, in any event! I love the spiky look…

I was thinking with the color and luster, the necklace might be extremely baroque Akoya? But you are the expert, Douglas… gorgeous necklace, in any event! I love the spiky look…
Well, these could be baroque akoya!
The lighter colored Cortez look a lot like blueish baroque akoya!
And it is a lovely necklace indeed!
Why not try a UV lamp on the pearls...just for fun!

I decided to return the abalone pearl, too. It's beautiful, but I'd need to have it set, which is going to cost extra. And every setting I think I'd like, would just end up looking like The Swan, and I don't need two pieces that similar. So, it's available to anyone else who wants it. It's an amazing pearl.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Wish you all a Blessed weekend :D

Thanks so much, Katbran and SurfnSci! Happy weekend to you, too, Douglas! Oooo, SurfnSci… Beautiful Kasumi pearls!:p

Natural white Akoya strand from Takahashi, a SS and apatite necklace from Maui, a cultured abalone pearl ring from Atacama Pearls, and earrings I put together with vintage seashells my friend’s father collected on the Marshall Islands.
IMG_7785.jpeg
IMG_7507.jpeg

Haha, I hope you’re behaving then, Steve:LOL:

I’ve been going through some of my rings. I used to wear rings all the time but for a long time now, they have been my least worn pieces of jewelry. This ring is an Edison pearl from PP. I made the tin cup with loose pearls from one of last year’s PP Hong Kong Live events. The pendant is a Kasumi from Kojima, and the necklace is a Kasumi keshi also from Kojima.

IMG_3111.jpeg
IMG_8463.jpeg

Haha, I hope you’re behaving then, Steve:LOL:

I’ve been going through some of my rings. I used to wear rings all the time but for a long time now, they have been my least worn pieces of jewelry. This ring is an Edison pearl from PP. I made the tin cup with loose pearls from one of last year’s PP Hong Kong Live events. The pendant is a Kasumi from Kojima, and the necklace is a Kasumi keshi also from Kojima.

View attachment 470795View attachment 470796
I've been absent, and I was feeling particularly icky today, so I decided to indulge in self-care by viewing SurfnSci's beautiful Kasumis and Tahitians, and jeg's combos. Jeg, I have a few bead necklaces and a big fat drop pearl with a bale that is a little too small to slip over them. Is the plummy Kasumi pendant on the tin cup suspended form a finding that clips on?

I hope you’re feeling better pearlgirl12.:confused: Yes, the finding on that particular Kasumi pendant does clip on, but it is not removable from the smaller ring. I have purchased some different findings in order to attach some of my bails to strands and chains. Some in that style that pushes inwards, but I’ve found the most versatile style for me is the type that opens outwardly on a hinge and snaps shut. Attaching a few examples for you. Just an FYI, if you use a finding to hang from your bail, your bail will hang sideways, so this doesn’t work with a bail that has a decorative face, unless you don’t care that it won’t be facing forward.
IMG_8969.jpeg
IMG_3116.jpeg

Gorgeous posts Jeg! That apatite inspired look is so beautiful ... especially the Atacama abalone ring; the pearl is like a blue LED light ... stunning :)

I hope you’re feeling better pearlgirl12.:confused: Yes, the finding on that particular Kasumi pendant does clip on, but it is not removable from the smaller ring. I have purchased some different findings in order to attach some of my bails to strands and chains. Some in that style that pushes inwards, but I’ve found the most versatile style for me is the type that opens outwardly on a hinge and snaps shut. Attaching a few examples for you. Just an FYI, if you use a finding to hang from your bail, your bail will hang sideways, so this doesn’t work with a bail that has a decorative face, unless you don’t care that it won’t be facing forward.
View attachment 470801View attachment 470802
Thank you so much. The hinged kind that snaps shut is exactly what I had in mind. Now I have a project for the week!

Back