Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I've always wanted an abalone pearl.
That was among the most beautiful Ab Horns I've seen, subtly vibrant colors with uninterrupted lustrous nacre surface including the top end (which creates a setting challenge as that would typically be conveniently covered by the custom metal work). Look forward to photos upon receipt!

That was among the most beautiful Ab Horns I've seen, subtly vibrant colors with uninterrupted lustrous nacre surface including the top end (which creates a setting challenge as that would typically be conveniently covered by the custom metal work). Look forward to photos upon receipt!

I know! I've never seen an abalone horn that was good on all sides before. And I've never seen an abalone pearl in person. Just shell buttons.

I have a small collection of natural abalone pearls...and yes, they are usually speckled with organic defects, so finding one with few visible ones: a Treasure! And I've seen BUCKETLOADS of Abalone pearls...yes, 30-40 buckets full of natural abalone pearls...and out of all those: a handful of larger, very beautiful ones.
Abalone pearls are rarely free of imperfections, one must look away at the defects and focus on color and shape.

Thanks Douglas and Pomelo! Pomelo, I think the largest pearl in those strands is maybe around 13-14mm.

BWeaves, I hope you love your new pearls. I absolutely love the color of abalone pearls.

I had to catch up on the Live event late, but it reminded me to bring out my wild natural SOC. Two strands that I strung into a pearl chain were from Kojima, as well as the FW pendant, and the natural SOC used in the mixed necklace were from Druzy. Loose FW pearls were from Kojima.
IMG_3068.jpeg
IMG_5898.jpeg

It’s a nice touch, a cute little pop peeking out from under your SS’s, Pomelo!

FW and sapphire earrings from little h. Stuffed seashell and sapphire necklace from Kojima. A leather and Tahitian bracelet from France, and an Akoya tin cup I made.
IMG_3072.jpeg
IMG_6013.jpeg

My natural pearls arrived from the PP Live event. FedEx once again crushed the box. Honestly, I have no idea what FedEx does to my packages, but every single one looks like it's been run over by a truck.

IMG_3354.jpeg

The pearls survived the experience. I'm going to send them back tomorrow. They are absolutely GORGEOUS, but I just don't think they're for me. I love that I've had a chance to see them in person. But I can't afford them right now. And they would still need to be set in jewelry, which ups the expense for me.

Look how special this abalone pearl is. Good on all sides, and pretty. And I'm weakening. I think I might keep this one. I think I'll talk to Hisano about how the abalone pearl could be set in jewelry. It's sooooo pretty, and I'll never see an abalone this good again.

IMG_3357.jpeg
IMG_3358.jpeg
IMG_3359.jpeg

The SoC pearls would make an amazing random tin-cup necklace. Look at these colors. I think I'll let another lucky person own these.

IMG_3361.jpeg

Last edited:
My natural pearls arrived from the PP Live event. FedEx once again crushed the box. Honestly, I have no idea what FedEx does to my packages, but every single one looks like it's been run over by a truck.

View attachment 470711

The pearls survived the experience. However, I'm going to send them back. They are absolutely GORGEOUS, but I just don't think they're for me. I love that I've had a chance to see them in person. But I can't afford them right now. And they would still need to be set in jewelry, which ups the expense for me.

Look how special this abalone pearl is. Good on all sides, and pretty. And I'm weakening. I think I'll talk to Hisano about how the abalone pearl could be set. It's sooooo pretty.

View attachment 470712View attachment 470715View attachment 470714

The SoC pearls would make an amazing random tin-cup necklace. Look at these colors.

View attachment 470713
Great photos! The pearls are every bit as nice as they appeared in the live stream.

Dear pearl friends life has been kind of intense this past months so I havent gotten aroud to posting but I am always happy to come here and bask in the pearly glow of all of you! This thread is one of my happy places, please keep the pictures coming!

I did manage to get a new favorite casual necklace though ;-) Pearls are from Druzy and a gift from my parents, what is not to love about them?
56e16d3c-4cb7-4b4f-9f83-733375b57d4f-jpeg.470724
1C3E3930-714F-4B01-BC8D-60577FB5926C.jpeg

Attachments

• 56E16D3C-4CB7-4B4F-9F83-733375B57D4F.jpeg
    56E16D3C-4CB7-4B4F-9F83-733375B57D4F.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 205

View attachment 470711

The pearls survived the experience. I'm going to send them back tomorrow. They are absolutely GORGEOUS, but I just don't think they're for me. I love that I've had a chance to see them in person. But I can't afford them right now. And they would still need to be set in jewelry, which ups the expense for me.

Look how special this abalone pearl is. Good on all sides, and pretty. And I'm weakening. I think I might keep this one. I think I'll talk to Hisano about how the abalone pearl could be set in jewelry. It's sooooo pretty, and I'll never see an abalone this good again.

View attachment 470712View attachment 470715View attachment 470714

The SoC pearls would make an amazing random tin-cup necklace. Look at these colors. I think I'll let another lucky person own these.

View attachment 470713
Wow, the colours on your abalone pearl! And the shark-tooth like shape & size too!

Hisano would have much better ideas than me, but if I may indulge in fantasy myself… due to its size, I’d be tempted to set it east-west in a bangle so I can admire it all day long. Or, east-west in a ring so that it spans across multiple fingers - that would be so so badass :devilish:

Wow, the colours on your abalone pearl! And the shark-tooth like shape & size too!

Hisano would have much better ideas than me, but if I may indulge in fantasy myself… due to its size, I’d be tempted to set it east-west in a bangle so I can admire it all day long. Or, east-west in a ring so that it spans across multiple fingers - that would be so so badass :devilish:
Both bangle and ring are innovative (if not badass!) ideas, to go along with a man's pendant. Anything to save that horn from its more typical fate as an objet d'art.

Because the abalone horn is good on all sides, I want it set so all sides can be seen. I like the ideas of a ring or a bangle, although I'm more likely to wear a pendant. I'm also less likely to bang it up if it's not on my hand.

I've also contemplated having a loop on both ends so I could dangle it either way (big end on top or little end on top).

Because the abalone horn is good on all sides, I want it set so all sides can be seen. I like the ideas of a ring or a bangle, although I'm more likely to wear a pendant. I'm also less likely to bang it up if it's not on my hand.

I've also contemplated having a loop on both ends so I could dangle it either way (big end on top or little end on top).
A loop (bale?) at each end is a great idea! It could then double (triple?) as a bangle with the appropriate double-clasp chain. Swivel bales or clasps.

That’s a fun gift from your parents, eolian! The tails give it a spiky edgy look.

A strand of silvery color banded Tahitians from PP, and a feather pearl on a Kasumi keshi necklace from Kojima.
View attachment 470730View attachment 470731
Also to eolian, the tails result in a corona-like effect. Very attractive.

Jeg, is the feather pearl also Kasumi? It's a striking centerpiece.

Dear pearl friends life has been kind of intense this past months so I havent gotten aroud to posting but I am always happy to come here and bask in the pearly glow of all of you! This thread is one of my happy places, please keep the pictures coming!

I did manage to get a new favorite casual necklace though ;-) Pearls are from Druzy and a gift from my parents, what is not to love about them?
56e16d3c-4cb7-4b4f-9f83-733375b57d4f-jpeg.470724
View attachment 470726
Welcome back @eolian pearls !
These pieces are fantastic...love the necklace! These look like Cortez to me...Carolyn used to buy a lot of these odd shaped pearls from us, maybe some are there? I don't know, but I love the necklace!

Back