Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks so much, SteveM! It’s a really cool drop that can go from a white to silvery bluish.

All pieces I put together. Earrings and a necklace made of SS Myanmar pearls and keshi, and a short chain with Vietnamese Akoya.
IMG_3016.jpeg
IMG_3948.jpeg

Very fun and blingy Pomelo! Your FW ring reminds me to dig for some stretchy FW rings I bought in Hawaii almost 20 years ago! I like the delicate little white pearl band of yours’ though.

A SS rope and a large Tahitian pendant from Kojima, and a pearl chain I strung with tiny Vietnamese Akoya.
View attachment 470475View attachment 470476
Ooh this large Tahitian drop is delightful @jeg !

Such a beautiful shape and colour. Would you have the dimensions for it at all?

Please show and tell, A Breaker!!:D

Thanks, Pomelo! I don’t have specifics for the Tahitian, but I have a big golden SS drop (also from Kojima) that I know is 15mm x 18mm, and the Tahitian is a little bigger. I took a comparison pic and also pulled up a couple old pics of the T showing the different coloring in different lighting.
IMG_3037.jpeg
IMG_3039.jpeg
IMG_3038.jpeg

Thanks so much, SteveM! It’s a really cool drop that can go from a white to silvery bluish.

All pieces I put together. Earrings and a necklace made of SS Myanmar pearls and keshi, and a short chain with Vietnamese Akoya.
View attachment 470493View attachment 470494
Love all of the light and airy pieces you've been wearing. It's been so humid in NY that I can't tolerate anything heavier than a tiny Akoya keshi strand.

Thanks so much, CatMom and pearlgirl12!! Fortunately it doesn’t get humid here, but I still only wear heavier strands if I’m going to be indoors during the summer.

Those are beautiful complimentary blues, CatMom! And even more perfect to be able to combine your favorites!

Wearing the large golden SS drop from Kojima, with FW earrings filled with sapphire and rubies from little h.
IMG_3011.jpeg
IMG_3460.jpeg

Thanks so much, CatMom and pearlgirl12!! Fortunately it doesn’t get humid here, but I still only wear heavier strands if I’m going to be indoors during the summer.

Those are beautiful complimentary blues, CatMom! And even more perfect to be able to combine your favorites!

Wearing the large golden SS drop from Kojima, with FW earrings filled with sapphire and rubies from little h.
View attachment 470509View attachment 470510
Gorgeous Orange Combo!

Wishing you all a beautiful start of the week and month!

About your stands history...I am going to guess they were bought in the USA, only because of the war recovery in the 50's in Japan. Tiffany's did carry other things during the War years. I don't know anything about Mikimoto in Japan at that time, but Japan was having to recover from the war in so many ways. Maybe people in Japan were even selling their Mikimoto pearls to Americans? My Aunt's family had a hard time post war and came to the US..for more opportunities. But would your mother have bought used Mikimoto pearls? Maybe to help out? Did Mikimoto have strands that they could sell post war?

JEG: Your turquoise and pearls look amazing together. I remember someone at the last Ruckus wearing strands of turquoise and pearls together, and I was amazed at how well they went together.

Back