Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Happy, happy Birthday, BWeaves! Hope you had the most fabulous day!

Thank you so much, SteveM, Pomelo and pearlgirl12!:giggle:

Pomelo, the blue pearls in the harvest bracelet lengths are actually large keshi. I pulled out one of my harvest ropes assembled at the same golden SS farm. There were a handful of these available at one of the PP Ruckuses. Some of the large blue keshi are interspersed in the rope.
IMG_1137.jpeg
IMG_2961.jpeg

Happy, happy Birthday, BWeaves! Hope you had the most fabulous day!

Thank you so much, SteveM, Pomelo and pearlgirl12!:giggle:

Pomelo, the blue pearls in the harvest bracelet lengths are actually large keshi. I pulled out one of my harvest ropes assembled at the same golden SS farm. There were a handful of these available at one of the PP Ruckuses. Some of the large blue keshi are interspersed in the rope.
View attachment 470342View attachment 470343
I love these mixed pearl strands...so unique!

Thanks everyone! I had a wonderful day. And I ended it with drooling all over the Kojima pearls in the Live Event. That was my kinda party. I have to redo my landscaping, so my pearl budget is going to plants this month.

Thanks, Douglas! :giggle:

Wearing a leather Jewelmer bracelet, with a golden SS strand, and earrings I made. The vintage seashells were collected by my friend’s father who worked on the Marshall Islands in the 50’s/60’s.
IMG_2966.jpeg
IMG_2967.jpeg

Thanks so much, CatMom!

SS tokki pearl earrings from Kojima, with a strand of white SS pearls that I’ve had for quite a while. The pearls were grown in wild caught oysters in the Kimberly region of Australia.
View attachment 470367View attachment 470366
Recently a forum was created called 'Pearl Diver' for scientific and/or diversionary posts such as this one. But those Tokkis shocked me into realizing that the AI that created the image in THIS POST was thinking Tokki all the time! Scary!

Last edited:
I know I need better light and longer arms, but I was very excited about this. The wrap is vintage Akoyas and tiny tourmalines from Kojima's live event at PP. I bought it to pair with my grandmother's vintage Akoyas. The strand is about 32" long. The pearls are not graduated and are nicely matched. My mother had turned it into a double strand with a diamond clasp, and then hid them away in a dresser drawer. I only vaguely remember seeing her wear them once. I turned them back into opera length (& endless). I'm going through some old photos to see if there's one with my grandmother wearing them. I'm guessing that they are 70ish years old. Of course, the family lore is that these are Mikimoto pearls, but there is no evidence, so I filed it with other wacky family tales, like being descendants of European royalty. I do know that Grandma traveled to Japan, and also did a fair amount of shopping at Tiffany. If anyone has any theories about the strand, have at it!

Attachments

• 20240716_165104 (1).jpg
    20240716_165104 (1).jpg
    880.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20240716_170048.jpg
    20240716_170048.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20240716_165738.jpg
    20240716_165738.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20240716_165547.jpg
    20240716_165547.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 66
I know I need better light and longer arms, but I was very excited about this. The wrap is vintage Akoyas and tiny tourmalines from Kojima's live event at PP. I bought it to pair with my grandmother's vintage Akoyas. The strand is about 32" long. The pearls are not graduated and are nicely matched. My mother had turned it into a double strand with a diamond clasp, and then hid them away in a dresser drawer. I only vaguely remember seeing her wear them once. I turned them back into opera length (& endless). I'm going through some old photos to see if there's one with my grandmother wearing them. I'm guessing that they are 70ish years old. Of course, the family lore is that these are Mikimoto pearls, but there is no evidence, so I filed it with other wacky family tales, like being descendants of European royalty. I do know that Grandma traveled to Japan, and also did a fair amount of shopping at Tiffany. If anyone has any theories about the strand, have at it!
They're beautiful together!

Those are such pretty strands, pearlgirl12! And happy belated birthday, BWeaves!

Work has been so busy I have not even had time to lurk on here, but finally getting caught up now, and WOW!!! So many gorgeous, drool-worthy pearls :)

Kamoka harvest bracelet for me today...
20240505_160849 (1).jpeg
20240505_160501.jpeg

Thanks for sharing the pic, SteveM. I love the shapes, too, BWeaves. I’ve had both those baroque SS strands for quite a while. Thanks, 2thdktr! My friend’s father had quite a collection from the years of living on the Marshall Islands. Several years ago, I was able to go through the collection to keep whatever I wanted. I feel so fortunate to have them as there are some species I’ve never seen elsewhere.

Pearlgirl12, what a wonderful combination! I just love their stock of vintage Akoya, and your grandmother’s strand is so beautiful.

It’s so great to see you, SurfnSci! Wow, your harvest bracelet has some really cool shapes and colors! I need to shorten mine, but it’s hard to decide which pearls to remove so I haven’t changed it.

A FW pendant on a pearl chain, both from Kojima, with earrings from Hawaii.
IMG_2123.jpeg
IMG_2981.jpeg

Thanks for sharing the pic, SteveM. I love the shapes, too, BWeaves. I’ve had both those baroque SS strands for quite a while. Thanks, 2thdktr! My friend’s father had quite a collection from the years of living on the Marshall Islands. Several years ago, I was able to go through the collection to keep whatever I wanted. I feel so fortunate to have them as there are some species I’ve never seen elsewhere.

Pearlgirl12, what a wonderful combination! I just love their stock of vintage Akoya, and your grandmother’s strand is so beautiful.

It’s so great to see you, SurfnSci! Wow, your harvest bracelet has some really cool shapes and colors! I need to shorten mine, but it’s hard to decide which pearls to remove so I haven’t changed it.

A FW pendant on a pearl chain, both from Kojima, with earrings from Hawaii.
View attachment 470384View attachment 470383
Beautiful!

More lovely pearls from JEG. I always drool over your collection, and learn how to layer from the combinations you put together.

No layering for me today. It's too hot out. White gold Mikimoto huggies, and the Hamantaschen from Pacific Pearls. Set by a local jeweler who's no longer in business here. Sigh. They did such unique work for me.

IMG_3213.jpeg
IMG_3214.jpeg
IMG_3215.jpeg

It's hard to capture the sparkle of the diamond in photos.

IMG_3216.jpeg

Last edited:
Back