Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Gorgeous pearl jewelry today...as ALWAYS!
Have a blessed weekend!
Last weekend of June...July is upon us now...Time sure flies!

I live in the State of Sonora, just south of Arizona. The natives from the northern part of the State (Navajo, Pima, Papago) also used the symbol extensively....before Fascism took it over. The old "State Seal" depicts a Native American man with open arms and the symbol in his chest.
Just wanted to add this tidbit! You can also see the man flanked by 2 mountains and behind him the Sea (of Cortez!).
View attachment 470176
More than a tidbit, that's an Ancient Astronaut! (Glad it's counterclockwise.)

This digression into unfortunate symbolism is encouraging if only as evidence that not everyone has forgotten 20th century history, although it sadly seems many have.

Back to pearls!

Thanks so much, CatMom!

Adorable pendant, lary007, and BWeaves, those T’s look fantastic together!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, too, Douglas!

Another piece from the Kojima studio visit. A Kasumi keshi strand with a feather pearl pendant. Worn with baroque grey Akoya studs from Takahashi, and a rope of early blue Akoya from PP.
IMG_2920.jpeg
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0288.jpeg

Thank you, CatMom! Oh, those tiny pearls are so sweet! I love the look!

I had a bit of a pendant palooza and chose several individual pearls for Sarah to set in simple bails.
The two to the left are FW, and the three to the right are Kasumi.
IMG_0181.jpeg

Wearing the large FW and the small Kasumi with Baggins baby Akoya hoops. The tiny Kasumi actually has a story from PBTB. When several of us were visiting the studio, the little pearl apparently was dropped from the table. I wasn’t in the room to know that Walter and Red were looking all over for the pearl. Later that evening several of us were visiting doing some show and tell and my coat fell off the bed. Sunseeker picked it up for me and out rolled this pearl. I was mortified until Red explained what had happened and my coat had been under that table. Somehow the little pearl nestled into my coat and hung on for the rest of the day. I felt like it was a case of ”the pearl choosing me” so I just had to keep it and have it set as a buddy pendant.

IMG_2922.jpeg
IMG_0511.jpeg

Last edited:

I had a bit of a pendant palooza and choose several individual pearls for Sarah to set in simple bails.
View attachment 470182

Wearing the large FW and the small Kasumi with Baggins baby Akoya hoops. The tiny Kasumi actually has a story from PBTB. When several of us were visiting the studio, the little pearl apparently was dropped from the table. I wasn’t in the room to know that Walter and Red were looking all over for the pearl. Later that evening several of us were visiting doing some show and tell and my coat fell off the bed. Sunseeker picked it up for me and out rolled this pearl. I was mortified until Red explained what had happened and my coat had been under that table. Somehow the little pearl nestled into my coat and hung on for the rest of the day. I felt like it was a case of ”the pearl choosing me” so I just had to keep it and have it set as a buddy pendant.

View attachment 470183View attachment 470184
Jeg, your pendant palooza inspires getting out and enjoying those deserving unmatched pieces hiding in our pearl cases. PBTB: What drama behind the scenes! I will add witnessing a natural Horse Conch pearl of good size nearly disappear between the deck planks. Fortunately, it had a flat side and came to a precarious rest beneath the couch.

Wild times in Sausalito!

I had a bit of a pendant palooza and chose several individual pearls for Sarah to set in simple bails.
View attachment 470182

View attachment 470183View attachment 470184
Oh I love that story jeg. I wish a pearl would choose me, lol. They are both stunning pearls.

Thanks so much, SteveM and CatMom!!! CatMom, this one just had to be a keeper since it worked so hard to tag along with me.

Cute and casually perfect, Pomelo!

All so pretty, BWeaves!

SS keshi tin cup I made with keshi from Druzy, and golden MOP earrings from Hawaii.
IMG_2929.jpeg
IMG_0683.jpeg

The keshis are so special, tin cup is more eyecatching and a better use than in a strand, even assuming no shortage of pearls. And I really like the yellow gold contrast. Very nice piece!

Thanks so much, SteveM and CatMom!!! CatMom, this one just had to be a keeper since it worked so hard to tag along with me.

Cute and casually perfect, Pomelo!

All so pretty, BWeaves!

SS keshi tin cup I made with keshi from Druzy, and golden MOP earrings from Hawaii.
View attachment 470286View attachment 470287
Lovely keshies jeg but I have to say I LOVE those earrings!

Thanks so much, SteveM and CatMom!!!

Always love seeing the little h, BWeaves!

They look great together, Pomelo! How are the new studs feeling on your earlobes?

Years ago, I sent two strands of SS keshi to Kojima to use in two custom necklaces. Both necklaces have push orbit clasps on all ends so they can be configured a number of ways. I made the other necklace with some of the SS keshi and two bracelets from PP. On a visit to the PP vault, there were a handful of golden SS harvest bracelets from the farm in the Philippines. The earrings are from Kojima.
IMG_2931.jpeg
IMG_0741.jpeg
IMG_2935.jpeg

Back