Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

They are beautiful in all seasons, BWeaves!

I flew down to San Francisco for a long weekend. Guess where Bunny and I have been hanging out playing with oodles of pearls?!
View attachment 470016
Some bunny (s) are hanging out at Kojima Pearl's Studio! I'm jealous!

The earrings look great with your pendant, BWeaves!

Catmom, the goldens are bright and sunny and look cheery for your muggy days.

Thanks Pattye! We had a fantastic time as always playing in the studio and trying on so many pearls!

Here we go-
Studio pics-
IMG_2869.jpeg
IMG_2870.jpeg
IMG_2871.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg
IMG_2873.jpeg
IMG_2874.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg
IMG_2875.jpeg

Uniquely colored and playful new items from Sarah at Kojima! Loved the new styles, and the one with that deep green Abalone shell...wowza!

OOOOO, JEG. Thank you for all the photos and modeling the pieces. It really helps me judge the scale of the pieces seeing them side by side and modeled.

There are a few pieces I really, really like, but I don't think I need them. I love the pearl stuffed shells, and the cameo with the drop. I also love the jade necklace, but I just can't do the swastikas. I know they were a symbol of peace before Hitler ruined it for everyone. And they're small enough that people might not even see them, but I just can't. And I love all the earrings, but I really have enough.

Looks like you had so much fun jeg!

PJ's and Pearls. I don't feel like getting dressed today. I just layered on a bunch of white pearls today. I've never done this combo before.

9 mm Hanadama akoya studs from PP. My birthday choker of akoyas to which Mom added a Mikimoto clasp. Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand. 9 mm baroque akoyas from PP. These are very round. It's hard to tell they're baroque. Very pink. The luster rivals my Hanadama rope. Large strand of freshwater pearls from Kojima. Very shiny and lustrous.

If I take the Blue Lagoon strand off, the remaining 3 make a nice triple strand. But I'm in a jumble mood. And they need to be worn.

IMG_3176.jpeg
IMG_3177.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun, and of course, I didn’t return home without pearls from the Kojima studio. More pearls to come but here’s a start…

Pearl stuffed seashell on sapphire beads, and Tahitian studs. I made the tin cup chain with tiny T’s from Alex Collins.
IMG_2913.jpeg
IMG_0184.jpeg

BWeaves, the carvings on the jade are a different Asian symbol. The “wheel” spins counterclockwise, as opposed to a Swastika that spins clockwise. But it is unfortunate what became known as the Swastika so closely resembles these ancient symbols. Oh, I so envy your PJ and pearl day! I’ve been on the run this week and would love a day to hang out in my PJ’s!

BWeaves, the carvings on the jade are a different Asian symbol. The “wheel” spins counterclockwise, as opposed to a Swastika that spins clockwise. But it is unfortunate what became known as the Swastika so closely resembles these ancient symbols. Oh, I so envy your PJ and pearl day! I’ve been on the run this week and would love a day to hang out in my PJ’s!
So appreciate all the pure joy of pearls here!

Hitler and his enablers literally stole the swastika (clockwise) and its name, which symbolize the day and good fortune. Here at the Temple of Rambut Siwi in SW Bali we were shown the sauvastika (counter-clockwise), symbolizing the night and the goddess Kali (with her own ideas of good fortune).

Attachments

• Rambut Siwi.jpg
    Rambut Siwi.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
JEG: Thank you!!! But sadly the average person, even me, isn't going to know that.

Steve: Thank you! I didn't know the two designs had different names. However, when I say both out loud, they sound the same, which isn't going to help when I try to explain it to someone else. Sigh.

La Perlagrina Tahitian pendant from Kamoka, I love the flower bail. And opal and Tahitian drop earrings from Kojima. These pearls go together so well.

IMG_3180.jpeg
IMG_3181.jpeg
IMG_3184.jpeg

Last edited:
PJ's and Pearls. I don't feel like getting dressed today. I just layered on a bunch of white pearls today. I've never done this combo before.

9 mm Hanadama akoya studs from PP. My birthday choker of akoyas to which Mom added a Mikimoto clasp. Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand. 9 mm baroque akoyas from PP. These are very round. It's hard to tell they're baroque. Very pink. The luster rivals my Hanadama rope. Large strand of freshwater pearls from Kojima. Very shiny and lustrous.

If I take the Blue Lagoon strand off, the remaining 3 make a nice triple strand. But I'm in a jumble mood. And they need to be worn.

View attachment 470107View attachment 470106
Love the white layering!

I had a lot of fun, and of course, I didn’t return home without pearls from the Kojima studio. More pearls to come but here’s a start…

Pearl stuffed seashell on sapphire beads, and Tahitian studs. I made the tin cup chain with tiny T’s from Alex Collins.
View attachment 470108View attachment 470109
Your new stuffed shell is so cool, jeg! I love the sapphire beads.

So appreciate all the pure joy of pearls here!

Hitler and his enablers literally stole the swastika (clockwise) and its name, which symbolize the day and good fortune. Here at the Temple of Rambut Siwi in SW Bali we were shown the sauvastika (counter-clockwise), symbolizing the night and the goddess Kali (with her own ideas of good fortune).
I live in the State of Sonora, just south of Arizona. The natives from the northern part of the State (Navajo, Pima, Papago) also used the symbol extensively....before Fascism took it over. The old "State Seal" depicts a Native American man with open arms and the symbol in his chest.
Just wanted to add this tidbit! You can also see the man flanked by 2 mountains and behind him the Sea (of Cortez!).
esc-son-02.jpg

Back