Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Good morning from the Philippines!

I've been making it a habit lately to wear more of my pearls to the office, instead of just keeping them in a box. With my yellow linen shirt, I thought it would be perfect to wear with my double stacked baroque GSSPs from Jewlemer, and then with my strand of tahitians, I thought that my seafoam green t shirt would help bring out some of the subtle unique differences in color between the different pearls.
0-02-06-7e9ccb7c38e26de4351591f8f439fc7237eda816c908b7f809c0713fc29a9a6e_7e0cfc0491f4b126.jpg
0-02-06-bb1152975790bd237ef8dc43b8879e8d882f5bf509a565742f201d227a52e8f6_3b5823af57463fc1.jpg

Hello hello friends! Today I wore my first strand of pearls- bead nucleated CFWP, and i picked up a small gift for my partner for our monthsary!

Its a cute bracelet of peach potato fwp on gold vermeil chain, but what drew me to it was its bubble-like design. I knew Dale would love it because his favorite movie of all time is The Little Mermaid!

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • C56B1B4D-4B62-4FAF-804C-3770F3A8A474.jpeg
    C56B1B4D-4B62-4FAF-804C-3770F3A8A474.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 43
I NEED a pearl necklace for myself. Have you all seen @jshepherd 's Tahitian pearl necklace? It looks fantastic.
Great photos @StevieBoy
Good to have you back!

We have been getting so many requests from men recently we're now looking at putting together a line. I've been wearing a bracelet and strand for a couple of months now to test out different threads and clasps. I put a strand on our videographer as well. So far we've found that men need heftier clasps, longer lengths, and silk thread is basically out of the question. We're not intentionally being hard on them, but that does appear to be the case.

I think a full Tahitian strand is going to turn into a permanent fixture for me!

I was sure I remembered you in a SoC necklace. A great look! (Photo from the 2017 Ruckus.)

View attachment 471193
These fond memories! Thank you!
And OMG...I was soooo thin back then, before COVID turned me into a sedentary life form!

Men in Pearls ... Challenge accepted ... he took them right off my neck today, but I got them back :) Real, vintage Biwa pearls from Fuji's old stock, along with one of his pieces of jade and a feather pearl ... a real Fuji and Kojima treasure Sarah made for me after PBTB, and I love it. So W will have to get his own Tahitian strand from Jeremy's new line, I think!
Walter JADE Pearls IMG_7518.jpg

Douglas, you know I love to see you wear a strand of SOC babies, even if it's just to help you clear customs ... :cool:

StevieBoy, your pearl pairings are getting more polished all the time ... those Tahitians with the seafoam teeshirt is so elevated, and what could beat a yellow linen shirt and GSS Jewelmer??? Well done ... WELL DONE :)

I'm an awful photographer, and the sun rarely helps out here, but here's a few recent pearl treats ... all PBTB projects :)
W2SurferCordCRDADJSmaller.jpg
Jade Feather Necklace CRDADJSmaller.jpg
Kasumi5YTinCupCRDADJSmaller.jpg

Our grandson (17, ice hockey player) asked for a PEARL necklace a while back. Showed him my stash and he chose this pearl ... Medium size Tahitian, of the most glorious bright rich pistachio and the gleam of the sun within it ... none of which shows up on my dismal photo. Sarah of Kojima put this together for him; leather cord, clasp, red silk wraps. I love it, and he will too and if anyone can test Men in Pearls it's our guy :)!

Next up a closer look at the Vintage Biwa Pearls/Jade and Feather Pearl Necklace someone borrowed yesterday :) The glow on the Biwa pearls is ethereal, the jade luminous and ... a gold/purple/pink/blue feather pearl all part of Fuji's stash, and in his honor with my thanks for all the shared knowledge.

Lastly, a quick look at my Kasumi Live Event project. This was a suite of 5 Kasumi pearls put together by Hisano, with the largest, an extra pearl I bought during the event. Sarah artfully threaded all the pearls on to a gold chain to make a Y Tin Cup for me. I only WISH I had dear Jeg's skills to show you the dramatic luster, colors and the fabulous Getsumen textures on these planetary/lunar surface pearls. Photoshop helped me get as close to real life as I can but nowhere near the real beauty, especially the rich rainbows of color.

I'm an awful photographer, and the sun rarely helps out here, but here's a few recent pearl treats ... all PBTB projects :)
View attachment 471198 View attachment 471201View attachment 471202

Our grandson (17, ice hockey player) asked for a PEARL necklace a while back. Showed him my stash and he chose this pearl ... Medium size Tahitian, of the most glorious bright rich pistachio and the gleam of the sun within it ... none of which shows up on my dismal photo. Sarah of Kojima put this together for him; leather cord, clasp, red silk wraps. I love it, and he will too and if anyone can test Men in Pearls it's our guy :)!

Next up a closer look at the Vintage Biwa Pearls/Jade and Feather Pearl Necklace someone borrowed yesterday :) The glow on the Biwa pearls is ethereal, the jade luminous and ... a gold/purple/pink/blue feather pearl all part of Fuji's stash, and in his honor with my thanks for all the shared knowledge.

Lastly, a quick look at my Kasumi Live Event project. This was a suite of 5 Kasumi pearls put together by Hisano, with the largest, an extra pearl I bought during the event. Sarah artfully threaded all the pearls on to a gold chain to make a Y Tin Cup for me. I only WISH I had dear Jeg's skills to show you the dramatic luster, colors and the fabulous Getsumen textures on these planetary/lunar surface pearls. Photoshop helped me get as close to real life as I can but nowhere near the real beauty, especially the rich rainbows of color.
You have a lucky grandson, with impeccable taste! Im sure he got that from you!

Love all your unique pieces, as always!

Douglas, you know I love to see you wear a strand of SOC babies, even if it's just to help you clear customs ... :cool:

StevieBoy, your pearl pairings are getting more polished all the time ... those Tahitians with the seafoam teeshirt is so elevated, and what could beat a yellow linen shirt and GSS Jewelmer??? Well done ... WELL DONE :)
Thank you! Im learning how certain colors/fabrics really make the pearls pop!

View attachment 471198 View attachment 471201View attachment 471202

These are GORGEOUS Cathy!
And I know your grandson will appreciate the pearl necklace and hopefully even develop a long term taste for them!

Wow, I love all the guy pics in pearls! StevieBoy, Douglas and Walter… looking good… Awww, Cathy, thanks for the compliment but your pics turned out great, and what a gorgeous haul of pearls. Love the Kasumi Y, and oh that jade piece is an eye catcher.

Sarah (Kojima), had these earrings custom made for me with Sea of Cortez mabe I selected at the Tucson show.
IMG_3202.jpeg
IMG_3201.jpeg

Jeg!!! Speechless here; those SOC mabe earrings came out brilliant ... WOW!

Thank you all for the kindness and the friendships ... pearl people are the BEST, and we treasure each one of you. My patient came home today :) Sarah kindly worked on an almost 2 year accumulation of pearls and ideas rattling around in my brain ... which she translated perfectly. The jade/Biwa piece feels like a good luck talisman; I wore it all week. All the pearls are so much prettier in person :) Thanks all.

You've said it and said it quite well @CathyKeshi ! Pearl People are the BEST and we do treasure each other in our Pearl Coven!
Beautiful jewelry pieces made for you by @kojimapearl :love:
And those Cortez Mabe earrings are gorgeous @jeg :love:

Back