Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

We have been getting so many requests from men recently we're now looking at putting together a line. I've been wearing a bracelet and strand for a couple of months now to test out different threads and clasps. I put a strand on our videographer as well. So far we've found that men need heftier clasps, longer lengths, and silk thread is basically out of the question. We're not intentionally being hard on them, but that does appear to be the case.

I think a full Tahitian strand is going to turn into a permanent fixture for me!
I like that idea. I've been seeing it as a trend with male entertainers and athletes for a while. At first, the only thing I saw men wearing were single pearls on leather cords. Lately I've noticed a lot of young men in tiny pearls. I feel like going up to men in pearls to complement them (because men in pearls- MIP- should be encouraged!) but I don't want to scare them or give off the wrong vibe :) Guys, keep posting!

I'm an awful photographer, and the sun rarely helps out here, but here's a few recent pearl treats ... all PBTB projects :)
View attachment 471198 View attachment 471201View attachment 471202

Our grandson (17, ice hockey player) asked for a PEARL necklace a while back. Showed him my stash and he chose this pearl ... Medium size Tahitian, of the most glorious bright rich pistachio and the gleam of the sun within it ... none of which shows up on my dismal photo. Sarah of Kojima put this together for him; leather cord, clasp, red silk wraps. I love it, and he will too and if anyone can test Men in Pearls it's our guy :)!

Next up a closer look at the Vintage Biwa Pearls/Jade and Feather Pearl Necklace someone borrowed yesterday :) The glow on the Biwa pearls is ethereal, the jade luminous and ... a gold/purple/pink/blue feather pearl all part of Fuji's stash, and in his honor with my thanks for all the shared knowledge.

Lastly, a quick look at my Kasumi Live Event project. This was a suite of 5 Kasumi pearls put together by Hisano, with the largest, an extra pearl I bought during the event. Sarah artfully threaded all the pearls on to a gold chain to make a Y Tin Cup for me. I only WISH I had dear Jeg's skills to show you the dramatic luster, colors and the fabulous Getsumen textures on these planetary/lunar surface pearls. Photoshop helped me get as close to real life as I can but nowhere near the real beauty, especially the rich rainbows of color.
That vintage piece is really lovely.

Wearing metallic freshadama and Vietnamese baroque blue akoya strands today with my new tahitian drop earrings from the most recent Hong Kong live sale and SoC mabe ring with a mabe from the Mexico live sale.

I've just now started wearing pearls again since it's just now cooling down in Louisiana!

I'm also thinking of and praying for my pearl friends in Florida - I know there are a few here. I hope everyone stays safe!

Edited - forgot the pictures 😆
View attachment 471264View attachment 471265View attachment 471266View attachment 471267 View attachment 471268
I still have a mabe SOC from the Mexico live that I can't decide how to use.

I survived Hurricane Milton. No damage, no flooding, no trees down. Even my mulch did not migrate down the street. I was really lucky.

I just received my PP Hong Kong Live South Sea baroque and keshi tin-cup. I love it! The pearls are GORGEOUS. The photos don't do them justice. It's a very unique necklace, unlike anything else I have. Worn with my Kojima coral shaped dangle earrings. I was already wearing the earrings or I probably would have picked different earrings. They don't look bad together.

Greg was funny. He stared at the necklace and said, "There's a dent in that pearl."

View attachment 471304View attachment 471306View attachment 471305
Glad you made it through the double whammy. The necklace really pops against that shirt.

I still have a mabe SOC from the Mexico live that I can't decide how to use.
Don't fret Douglas! I want to set it in a way that doesn't hide the color shift to green that's near the edges. I thought I want's a ring, but I'm kind of a beast with my hands, so it may have to be a pendant. I troll the forum looking for ideas.

Don't fret Douglas! I want to set it in a way that doesn't hide the color shift to green that's near the edges. I thought I want's a ring, but I'm kind of a beast with my hands, so it may have to be a pendant. I troll the forum looking for ideas.
I would glue it to my forehead if I had no other way of using it.
Just kidding...you gotta show us the final piece once you have it made.
Best to use it for a pendant if you slam your rings too much, as you state.

Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I visited this page. I was in the mood for pearls today and wanted to share my treasures! Akoya necklace from Cee’s along with Tara WSS pendant and earrings!
IMG_0072.jpeg

We have been getting so many requests from men recently we're now looking at putting together a line. I've been wearing a bracelet and strand for a couple of months now to test out different threads and clasps. I put a strand on our videographer as well. So far we've found that men need heftier clasps, longer lengths, and silk thread is basically out of the question. We're not intentionally being hard on them, but that does appear to be the case.

I think a full Tahitian strand is going to turn into a permanent fixture for me!
It isn't just men who like heftier clasps. I struggle to make my strands look less feminine.

Thanks so much, pearlgirl12! I just love those fun little mixes because, well, they’re just fun aren’t they?! Please take pics of your’s!

Lilpearl, what a happy surprise to see you and your beautiful pearls this morning. I hope the pearl mood strikes you more often!

A necklace of Myanmar golden SS pearls from Druzy, and a keshi chain I made with SS keshi from Hong Kong.
IMG_3206.jpeg
IMG_3205.jpeg

Thanks so much, pearlgirl12! I just love those fun little mixes because, well, they’re just fun aren’t they?! Please take pics of your’s!

Lilpearl, what a happy surprise to see you and your beautiful pearls this morning. I hope the pearl mood strikes you more often!

A necklace of Myanmar golden SS pearls from Druzy, and a keshi chain I made with SS keshi from Hong Kong.
View attachment 471347View attachment 471348
Gorgeous pearls jeg!

Wow, Lilpearl, your pearls are gorgeous!!!

Jeg, your Myanmar strand is one of my absolute favorite pieces in your collection. It's breathtaking, from the colors to the size -- no pearl shrinkage syndrome there :love:

Flash sale necklace from Kojima just arrived. I'm in love. Four strands of tiny Kasumi keshi with the prettiest Kasumi pearl clasp. I just added it to what I was wearing today. The pendant is carved fire opal by Sherris Cottier Shank.

20241017_162109.jpg

20241017_162134.jpg

The glamour photos from Kojima that won my heart.

Kasumi Torsade 1.jpg

Kasumi Torsade 5.jpg

Back