Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks so much, CatMom! I’ve been wanting to ask you how you’ve been doing with your wire-wrapping?

Some sentimental pearls… The Akoya pearl in the ring was a gift my grandma gave to me from a trip to Japan. I was in elementary school and this was my first pearl. The pearl came in a purple velvet hinged box. The inside of the box was also purple velvet and the pearl sat in the center on a purple velvet pedestal. My mom had it set for me some years later. The Akoya earrings were a gift from my parents when they returned from a trip to Japan. I’ve also been wearing some sentimental rings in addition to the pearl rings but haven’t mentioned them. Next to the Akoya ring is an opal ring that my other grandmother wore everyday until the day she passed. All worn with a necklace and bracelet from Takahashi. Unfortunately the weather is so dreary for pics...
View attachment 471074
View attachment 471075
Absolutely gorgeous jeg! Thanks for asking but I haven't really done anything for a while. I'm still recovering from a bad bout of Covid back in August. I'm just now getting some strength and stamina back. I really want to try a tin cup sometime.

Thanks so much, Katbran and CatMom! CatMom, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been under the weather. That’s a long time to not be feeling well.:( I’m looking forward to seeing your future projects when you’re up to it!

Bracelet of J.Hunter Fiji pearls from PP. Tahitian necklace also from PP. Earrings are little h, and the Tahitian ring is from Hawaii.
IMG_3184.jpeg
IMG_3185.jpeg

Thanks so much, Katbran and CatMom! CatMom, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been under the weather. That’s a long time to not be feeling well.:( I’m looking forward to seeing your future projects when you’re up to it!

Bracelet of J.Hunter Fiji pearls from PP. Tahitian necklace also from PP. Earrings are little h, and the Tahitian ring is from Hawaii.
View attachment 471076View attachment 471077
Wonderful! You really know how to capture pearl jewelry. You could become a specialized pearl photographer if you ever wanted to!
The Tahitian ensemble is fantastic!

Absolutely gorgeous jeg! Thanks for asking but I haven't really done anything for a while. I'm still recovering from a bad bout of Covid back in August. I'm just now getting some strength and stamina back. I really want to try a tin cup sometime.
I wish you get better soon!
I also contracted COVID this year...I have a nasty little cough that just won't go away. But it is getting better and better with time.

Thanks so much, Jeremy! All three pieces are from different visits to the vault. The round Tahitian necklace was with your help on my very first visit all those years ago.

Aww, thank you, Douglas! That is one generous compliment! I doubt anyone would hire me to take pics with my iphone.:LOL:

View attachment 471076View attachment 471077
Thanks jeg! Gorgeous pearls.

I wish you get better soon!
I also contracted COVID this year...I have a nasty little cough that just won't go away. But it is getting better and better with time.
Thank you! Yes, I still have that cough as well. I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Back