365 Days of Pearls

Thank you everyone for the kind remarks! I really enjoy reading them:eek:

Last one of the Ts.

IMG_3604.jpg

Day 236:

Graduated Edisons and metallic freshwater studs from Pearl Paradise. I added my waterfall necklace from Kojima Pearl and while I adore it, I suspect the shirt is too busy for both the Edison necklace and waterfall.

Pigeons. When I was 11, my mother and I were driving home from ballet lessons when we saw this pigeon darting between cars. We knew it must be injured because it couldn't seem to fly. So we pulled over, caught it and brought it home.

I gave it food and water and *hoped* it would live but pretty much expected it to die. It wasn't the first little animal we'd tried to save lol. Anyway, she recovered, though was never able to fly, and lived with us for years! Used to follow me around, would hop into my lap, really was a great pet. So, when I see anything with pigeons on it, which is rare, I buy it. My pigeon looked just like the little grey guys on the shirt : )

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, I vote for the Waterfall necklace. I'm still hoping to get one from Sarah, but she's been posting some lust worthy pieces on Kojima lately that have me drooling.

BN, I like the combination of Edisons and Waterfall! Such luster and shine!

BWeavers, Sarah is certainly tempting us daily with her new offerings. Why, oh why can't I win a sizable lottery?
J.

That is a deliciously tough and gorgeous choice. I love both! How's that?

BWeavers, Sarah is certainly tempting us daily with her new offerings. Why, oh why can't I win a sizable lottery?
J.

OMG, I wrote Sarah and told her she's killing me. I want them all. Unfortunately, besides having to buy a new air conditioner heat pump this year and replace the ductwork in my house, last week the tree in front of my house strangled my sewer line and sewage backed up into my bathrooms. I had to have my garden dug up and new pipework laid, and the pipes all flushed out to clean out all the backed up sewage. So both those events seriously cut into my pearl and retirement budgets. Worst part is, all the fixes are hidden underground or in my walls. I can't even see what I spent all that money on. Grrrr.

HHHIIIIIIII Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long hiatus for me as I was back in Taipei visiting mom & sis and took a detour dive trip to Palau with our very own la_corsetiere. LOADS to catch up on, BabyNurse you have seriously posted some ridiculously amazing combos! I know there are loads of kids and pets stories in between I need to get caught up on too but wanted to say HI!!!

Love the pigeon story, as well as the gorgeous pearls. The Edison strand is especially lovely, and would be the centerpiece of many collections.

We had my daughter's parakeet and let it roam the house for many years. Birds can live much longer when they are well cared for in captivity. I read your sweet story to my hubby, and his first question was about dealing with the pidgeon pooties. Parakeets are tiny birds, but pigeons are much bigger. Still, it must have been a fun pet as birds are social animals, and you would be her adopted flock.

Last edited:
I was never into round white pearls until I started seeing pearls like yours, BN. Wow... And the waterfall necklace makes me swoon.

OMG, I wrote Sarah and told her she's killing me. I want them all. Unfortunately, besides having to buy a new air conditioner heat pump this year and replace the ductwork in my house, last week the tree in front of my house strangled my sewer line and sewage backed up into my bathrooms. I had to have my garden dug up and new pipework laid, and the pipes all flushed out to clean out all the backed up sewage. So both those events seriously cut into my pearl and retirement budgets. Worst part is, all the fixes are hidden underground or in my walls. I can't even see what I spent all that money on. Grrrr.

It's **killing** me too!! I've been stalking her site for weeks and keep seeing pieces that would layer sooo beautifully!! If you find the money tree, let me know ok?

HHHIIIIIIII Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long hiatus for me as I was back in Taipei visiting mom & sis and took a detour dive trip to Palau with our very own la_corsetiere. LOADS to catch up on, BabyNurse you have seriously posted some ridiculously amazing combos! I know there are loads of kids and pets stories in between I need to get caught up on too but wanted to say HI!!!

It's great to hear from you, Purranha!! I was just thinking of you a day or two ago, wondering how you were doing. I hope you share pictures/updates soon!

Love the pigeon story, as well as the gorgeous pearls. The Edison strand is especially lovely, and would be the centerpiece of many collections.

We had my daughter's parakeet and let it roam the house for many years. Birds can live much longer when they are well cared for in captivity. I read your sweet story to my hubby, and his first question was about dealing with the pidgeon pooties. Parakeets are tiny birds, but pigeons are much bigger. Still, it must have been a fun pet as birds are social animals, and you would be her adopted flock.

What a lucky parakeet,Red! I love birds. To answer hubby's question re droppings, my dear pigeon lived in the garage. My father is allergic to all animals, fur, feathers, you name it. So she came inside for short visits but otherwise I had to go out to see her. Fortunately our garage was heated so she didn't suffer in winter.

During the summer I used to sit outside and play with her. When I was 11 and still playing with barbies, I used to dress the pigeon up:cool:. A close family friend had made me a tiny Barbie sized fur trimmed coat and I remember putting this on the pigeon and then topping her head with one of my rings. Queen Pigeon of course : ). Yikes, she was so tolerant and sweet!

I was never into round white pearls until I started seeing pearls like yours, BN. Wow... And the waterfall necklace makes me swoon.

Battah, it took me a long time to get into white pearls as well! Baroque and colorful always seemed so much more interesting : )

Day 237:

During the 2016 Ruckus, I was chatting with a fellow PGer and I couldn't help notice this gorgeous mother of pearl necklace she was wearing. I've always loved mop but didn't own anything made of it. I took pictures of her wearing hers and she generously offered to look for one for me the next time she visited that vendor. A few weeks later she sent me pictures of this one and I was thrilled! I really love this necklace!

I usually wear this piece on its own but for fun, paired it with different necklaces: a peachy/pink freshwater rope from Catherine Cardellini, Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise, and my favorite, a Keshi tin cup from Kojima Pearl. With each of these I'm wearing Tahitian dangles from Pearl Paradise.

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg