365 Days of Pearls

Day 233:

Pastel multicolor metallics from Catherine Cardellini and white South Sea/ tourmaline station necklace from Kojima Pearl. Freshwater drop earrings also from Kojima Pearl.

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

Beautiful luster on those freshwaters and another great pairing. I endorse the request to continue this thread into 2018!
J.

Beautiful colors on you, and a gorgeous pairing, particularly with that sweater. I’m wishing the station necklace was a couple of inches shorter, so that we can see it better when paired with that magnificent Catherine Cardellini creation. Great earrings that pick up the colors in both strands.

Beautiful luster on those freshwaters and another great pairing. I endorse the request to continue this thread into 2018!
J.

That's so sweet, Fidgetnator! Well, it will continue for awhile into 2018 because I'm sooo behind!

Beautiful colors on you, and a gorgeous pairing, particularly with that sweater. I’m wishing the station necklace was a couple of inches shorter, so that we can see it better when paired with that magnificent Catherine Cardellini creation. Great earrings that pick up the colors in both strands.

I agree, Red. I tried to tug it up a little so it would nest but it's decidedly the same length as the CC strand. So I decided that the CC would be star of the show here and the station one would share its beauty by peeking from the side.

Maybe a loose torsade? They are equally great on their own, too!

So jeg, here is the torsade look. I really like it! I may be doing something wrong though because it only remains pretty for about a minute, and then the heavier strand slithers out. Maybe the addition of a third strand would help anchor things better. I have almost no experience with torsades.

IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

Day 234:

Akoya Keshi choker and feather pearl necklace from Kojima Pearl, and Tahitian dangles from Pearl Paradise.

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

Oh, thanks for sharing the experiment! That is interesting about staying in place. I haven’t tried using such delicate strands before, so maybe that has something to do with it.

You're welcome, jeg!

Day 235:

Cherry/peacock Tahitian necklace and earrings from Pearl Paradise.

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG 3301

BN, the luster on your Taihitians continues to amaze me. And the dainty Kojima necklaces showcase the versatility of people. You are a great ambassador for the pearl jewelry industry!
J.

Beautiful, BN! The T colors are perfect against your rose sweater.

2 weeks of off and on camping with the grandson have left me far behind here ... ran out of data on our internet plans .... Also finds me in sympathy with Baby Nurse's pleading "Please don't kick, jump off the bed ... etc." :) Glad to hear your son's foot is healing. These new pearl pairings are a delight; that coral sweater makes a vision, and those cherry peacock Tahitians ... WOW! I remember gazing in the office window watching you choose Tahitians for that rope on the green sweater ... how luck we were to find such pearl friends !

Back