Show us your Black Friday Purchases!

Luv glitz.. ah sorry it wasn't what you wanted. It did look gorgeous on the website.
JP those are some cool creations u have there
Purr That gssp aND the others. Just gasp!

With hindsight, I should have kept the pearls and repurposed them as JerseyPearl suggested. However, when you spend so much money and they can't be worn as made, it is a downer. Usually when I consider making a purchase and not information is given in the description, I call and ask the unanswered questions, in this case what was the length of the strands. During Black Friday as we all know, jewelry goes in a blink, and I ordered fast. I also felt a responsibility to PP to get the pearls back in inventory in order to make some else happy. In the light of the next day, after the fact, I might have kept them for some other project.

But Luvglitz, you also said the colors didn't pop. There will always be other Tahitians and maybe you can find a strand whose colors really wow you, instead.

Here's a drive-by quickie shot of today's arrivals: 8-10mm silver Tahitians, a double strand of the 7-8mm multicolor metallics, and the 11-12mm fireball bracelet in 14k yellow gold.

I'm definitely keeping the Tahitians. I'll probably send the metallic multicolor freshwater (double-length) strand back if anyone wants to keep a lookout for it. It's a nice strand but somehow just doesn't look good on me. (The pearls are quite lustrous and uniform in size, although the closer ones and white ones look larger on my camera). I'm on the fence about the bracelet. I thought it looked a little too clunky or something on me at first but now it is growing on me. I'm especially in love with the green middle-ish pearl.

I know what you mean, Luglitz. With these one-of-a-kind sales, you have to grab it right now or there's a good chance it will be gone. Also, I do kinda hate sending things back when they've sold it as part of a special sale and might not be able to sell it again for a while. But then, with pearls you really don't know what you've got until you see them in person. Anyway, I hope you find something that dazzles you!

anewpp.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a drive-by quickie shot of my latest arrivals: 8-10mm silver Tahitians, a double strand of the 7-8mm multicolor metallics, and the 11-12mm fireball bracelet in 14k yellow gold.

I'm definitely keeping the Tahitians. I'll probably be sending the double metallic multicolor freshwater strand back if anyone wants to keep a lookout for it. It's a nice strand but somehow just doesn't look that good on me. The pearls are quite lustrous and uniform in size, although the closer ones look larger on my camera. I'm on the fence about the bracelet. I thought it looked a little too clunky or something on me at first but now it is growing on me. I'm especially in love with the green pearl in the center.

I know what you mean, Luglitz. With these one-of-a-kind sales, you have to grab it right now or there's a good chance it will be gone. Also, I do kinda hate sending things back when they've sold it as part of a super-sale so they might not be able to sell it again for a while. But then even when you can afford the time to ask and consider, with pearls you really don't know what you've got until you do see them in person. Anyway, I hope you find something that dazzles you!

View attachment 46526

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those Tahiatians are lovely, SeaUrchin!

My Pteria sterna necklace came in today. Most of the pearls are quite tiny, but the iridescence is gorgeous. The lighter pearls are much like the colors of Sea of Cortez pearls. I'm going to have to do some sorting and maybe redesigning since I didn't think so many of pearls would be quite so small. I'm happy I got these half off, I would have maybe been a bit disappointed at full price.
IMG_4715[1].jpg
IMG_4707[1].jpg
I think I may take some of the tiniest pearls and make a nose ring with them :cool:

Sea Urchin, they look lovely! But definitely take some time to decide on your purchases. I would love to see more photos of the Ts if you don't mind! They look very lustrous and have beautiful shapes. Are the peacock overtones evident in person?

MSC - WOW they are stunning!! So colourful and iridescent. I just love them!

My Pteria sterna necklace came in today. Most of the pearls are quite tiny, but the iridescence is gorgeous. The lighter pearls are much like the colors of Sea of Cortez pearls. I'm going to have to do some sorting and maybe redesigning since I didn't think so many of pearls would be quite so small. I'm happy I got these half off, I would have maybe been a bit disappointed at full price.
View attachment 46527
View attachment 46528
I think I may take some of the tiniest pearls and make a nose ring with them :cool:
those are like tiny fairy drops

i like them

JP !!!! You did it !! Well done , omg I'm so proud of you ! Everything looks gorgeous!

The only comment I would make ....just a little tweak.. ...on your earring listings ..I would include the length of the drop of the earring. As in " these earrings dangle 2 inches from the top of the wire to the bottom of the pearl. "

Great photos , all the pertinent info is there ..gorgeous designs ! Best of luck ! I favoured your shop too ! Xx

JP !!!! You did it !! Well done , omg I'm so proud of you ! Everything looks gorgeous!

The only comment I would make ....just a little tweak.. ...on your earring listings ..I would include the length of the drop of the earring. As in " these earrings dangle 2 inches from the top of the wire to the bottom of the pearl. "

Great photos , all the pertinent info is there ..gorgeous designs ! Best of luck ! I favoured your shop too ! Xx

Luvglitz- so sorry you were disappointed in your pearls ! It's quite hard to get the fit right on those triple strands but that can always be adjusted. Though if you didn't like the actual pearls ...well ..no point . We have all reached a point where pretty clean and shiny isn't enough and we want some,action happening on the surface of our pearls. Sometimes to get everything however the price gets a bit heavy.

MSC - so cute ..gorgeous little pearls !

I know how you love the tinies. I saw some 1.5 and even smaller CFWP and I also saw some victorian baby rings with seed pearls thought of you, mind not that you would wear baby rings...but they were so tiny

View attachment 46527
View attachment 46528

Katbran, thank you!

MSC, those tiny pearls might also be great for super tiny studs, using a small diamond or gemstone to plug the drill hole.

SeaUrchin, lovely pieces...that bracelet is smashing. I love the green pearl too, as well as the one near the circle end of the clasp. I vote for keeping them. The tahitians are pretty too...need some neck and wrist shots.

Here's a drive-by quickie shot of today's arrivals: 8-10mm silver Tahitians, a double strand of the 7-8mm multicolor metallics, and the 11-12mm fireball bracelet in 14k yellow gold.

I'm definitely keeping the Tahitians. I'll probably send the metallic multicolor freshwater (double-length) strand back if anyone wants to keep a lookout for it. It's a nice strand but somehow just doesn't look good on me. (The pearls are quite lustrous and uniform in size, although the closer ones and white ones look larger on my camera). I'm on the fence about the bracelet. I thought it looked a little too clunky or something on me at first but now it is growing on me. I'm especially in love with the green middle-ish pearl.

I know what you mean, Luglitz. With these one-of-a-kind sales, you have to grab it right now or there's a good chance it will be gone. Also, I do kinda hate sending things back when they've sold it as part of a special sale and might not be able to sell it again for a while. But then, with pearls you really don't know what you've got until you see them in person. Anyway, I hope you find something that dazzles you!

View attachment 46526

I love everything, specially the tahitians and the bracelet.

Sea Urchin great loots and love the silver Tahitians.

Luvglitz sorry about the triple strand. I have found with my super peacock Tahitians they are very sensitive to the colors that I put on with them. They can either come alive and show the beautiful colors or go drab and dark. Lighting is key too. A tricky pearl to wear.

MSC you sure do pick lovely little tiny gems. Littles don't work on me but on you they are just perfect. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Sea Urchin, the silver Tahitians are lovely; the multicolor FW's will surely find another happy home if you decide not to keep them ... but OH, that bracelet! It looks so much better in your photos ... gorgeous!

MSC, those tiny pearls are adorable and very beautiful ... you'll figure out something very clever to do with them ... I picture soft little loops of tiny pearls in earrings, strands of tiny pearls made into tassels ... so many options :)

The multicolor metallic double-length strand and the bracelet are on their way back if anyone wants to put in a request to PP for them. The strand looks beautiful against white or light colors but I already have a few strands that do and only one neck, so...

I debated about the bracelet all day but in the end realized I kept thinking if only it was a little bit different in this way and that way. So I decided to send it back and since I'll have the $ from both of my returns, ask to have exactly what I want made after the Christmas hubbub. I'm thinking fireball pearls that are all the same color with tourmaline beads in between. :)

One more thing about the bracelet, I have a 6 1/2 inch wrist and there's not much room to spare so if you have a larger wrist it may not fit.

I'll post more pics of the Tahitian strand and metallic white Edison earrings in a sec. I have to photoshop first because I did a TCA peel on my face etc. so I'm shedding like a snake. :/

Last edited:
Oh yum. I just received TWO more packages in the mail from PP. Stand by! :)

Last edited:
Back