Show us your Black Friday Purchases!

Here's a 9-10mm metallic multicolor drop pearl bracelet (14k yellow gold clasp). At $132, it was a great buy and it's a cute bracelet if anyone wants to put in a word to request it from PP. I'm sending it back since I've decided to see if PP can make me a custom order bracelet (or two!) after the holidays. Also, something about the multicolor items isn't registering with me as well in person as in thought, so who knows... Anyway, here it is. Please excuse the scaly hands, I put a TCA peel on them too:

bracelet2.JPG

bracelet3 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Here's a quick neck shot of my first arrival. It's the akoya keshi strand from PP. Definitely keeping it. I have an antique brooch I would like to repurpose into a clasp for it, but I have to figure out how to do that first. I wish I could take better photos so you could see the luster.20161203_161334(0).jpg

VLanghanke, when I see akoya keshis, I'm reminded of this.wpcda31bde_05_06.jpg
It's not mine. I saw it on GIA's website.

oh, that makes my mouth water! I'm too petite to pull off such a statement piece, though. Some day I would like a multistrand necklace with a tassel like this. For now I am happy with one delicate strand, though :)

pendant 3 types.jpg

That's adorable, LV!

Here are a couple more shots of my new AA+ oval silver Tahitian strand (8-10mm). It does have a few dings, fishbites or whatever you'd call them but they're not very noticeable behind the high luster and if I think of it, I can turn them to the back anyway. I couldn't believe the price on these! I already happened to have Tahitian silver studs that match, also shown:

newtahitians.jpg

anewtah.jpg

Ooh, Pareltje and LV, I love all of those keshi examples!

Last edited:
Thank you, LV!

Here's my new round (although it looks a little oval on my annoying phone camera) white metallic Edison pendant (15-16mm). I'm definitely keeping this! It's shown with the 11-12mm round white metallic Edison stud earrings from the other day.

Please excuse the face/upper chest TCA peeling skin if I didn't blot it out enough. I plan to have the large pearl made into a ring. Speaking of pearl rings, now all I'm waiting on from my Black Friday splurge are two Edison rings. Can't wait!

anewedison.JPG

anewwhites.jpg

Last edited:
LV, your akoya keshi are perfection!

Sea Urchin, I can't believe the price on the silver Ts either! Your pearls are so round and lustrous. I really hope mine are just as nice! The metallic edisons are gorgeous too.

Whoa, what loot, SeaUrchin!

LV, love the keshi akoya!

Thanks y'all! The iridescence is incredible for such wee pearls. Now I really want a SoC pearl pendant to go with it... you know, for comparison purposes. It's all very scientific ;)

I do love my tinies, BPDDC :)

I picture soft little loops of tiny pearls in earrings
I was literally thinking of just this last night, Cathy, maybe with some tiny champagne diamond beads sprinkled in. Great minds!
IMG_4817[1].jpg

MSC, those tiny pearls might also be great for super tiny studs, using a small diamond or gemstone to plug the drill hole.
This idea really intrigues me! This would be super easy to do. I would actually use 22kt gold to make a bead head pin, then epoxy the pearl up next to it. Cut a groove toward the back and viola!

Last edited:
That would be adorable, MSC. Funky with the shapes and colors, but regal with the simplicity and size.

Lovglitz, too bad the strand didn't work for you, but I know you'll find a great replacement! If you loved the pearls, you could ask PP to lengthen the strands, or reknot it into a rope. There are a lot of rope fans here because they're so versatile.

Purr, your mom never disappoints. We are excited for the additions into your family and know they will be in good hands. I'm sure your mom feels that way too. I have two brothers, and mom never wants my brothers to have her favorite pieces because she knows their wives may sell them off, but her own daughter would treasure them. I know you have a sister, but if she doesn't care for pearls, there is no better home for them than you!

MSC, can we get a neck shot? I love the tiny pearls and the different colors!

SeaUrchin, The earrings match your new T strand perfectly! It was meant to be! Love the drop and edison earrings too! The earrings are perhaps my favorite of the goodies you've been getting.

LVLangHanke, were the akoya keshi in the sale? I missed them! I have a weakness for keshi! Your strand is beautiful!

Oooh, we need some "right side up" views!!! First LV and those lovely tiny keshi ... I want some of these, sigh ... :

LVRSUP.jpg

PS. MSC ... I'm 100% in favor of that SOC science experiment LOL. I have a couple of loose SOC pearls, and I can introduce you to a guy ... :)

So you know a guy??? ;) it's on the top of my wishlist for 2018! I'm pearled out for the next year :(. I think we've got similar taste in jewelry, Cathy. Thanks for the votes, amti and LV!
Quick neck shot in bad light:
IMG_4844.jpg

Back