Show us your Black Friday Purchases!

Finally, my silver peacocks arrived. I was a bit underwhelmed at first, they just seemed so silver, almost gray but as soon as put them on they looked amazing. A friend I was having lunch kept staring at them. I am planning to make a rope with them as soon as I see some silvers with stronger overtones of peacock. Second and third pictures are by the window and it's sunny out so they looked yellow. In the last picture I was just comparing them with some of the lighter and silvery pearls in my ombre rope.

20161219_152028.jpg
20161219_152247.jpg
silver.jpg

Finally, my silver peacocks arrived. I was a bit underwhelmed at first, they just seemed so silver, almost gray but as soon as put them on they looked amazing. A friend I was having lunch kept staring at them. I am planning to make a rope with them as soon as I see some silvers with stronger overtones of peacock. Second and third pictures are by the window and it's sunny out so they looked yellow. In the last picture I was just comparing them with some of the lighter and silvery pearls in my ombre rope.

View attachment 46999
View attachment 47000
View attachment 47001

the silvers...omg omg.........

Here's one of the things I grabbed. I got the Embrace setting from PP and originally wanted to put a really nice blue Tahitian in it but it was just too big for the setting. I ended up substituting this one instead! It's an almost 10mm nice purple colored rikitea pearl with a green overtone from Jac, although you'd never know that by just looking at the picture (grr). It irritates me to no end that I can't ever get coloring to come across as it should. It's got an ever so slightly flat shaped bottom which actually worked out well for this setting. I am reeeally happy with it!

yes....... just yes...... this is so right on your hand

I love your silver pearls Bailey! They look gorgeous on you! My strand has some pearls with very intense peacock overtones but most are more subtle and appear a bright medium-light silver. I love silver pearls though so it doesn't bother me!

Very pretty Bailey...but I am also in love with that ombre rope. I find that lighter pearls often express overtone very differently than darker body pearls. They seem to light up more on the skin, where darker pearls light up more on clothing...of course that could just be my odd perspective! In any regard, this is a lovely strand...and ooh that luster.

PS Bailey, I'm also going to make a rope with my silver strand!

Thank you ladies!
Jp, I find them very strange. I don't find them very exciting to look at in my hand but as soon as I put them on they light up even better in person than my neck shot and the blemishes seem to disappear.

Hanadama, I bought them to re-knot in the future with a lobster clasp to lengthen my ombre rope and also wear on their own but I'm contemplating now on making a silver rope with more colourful silvers mixed in.

View attachment 46999
View attachment 47000
View attachment 47001

Those silvers look lovely on you! Well done and a great choice. Have fun with your new strand.

Thank you Newberry!
These Tahitians are addictive, aren't they?
So many shapes and colours. They are really becoming one of my favourite types.

Thanks Katbran. They look close to the first picture but not quite. The second and third pictures were on the window sill with the afternoon sun and close blinds.

Thank you Newberry!
These Tahitians are addictive, aren't they?
So many shapes and colours. They are really becoming one of my favourite types.

In my humble opinion you can't have enough or to many Tahitians ;)

I wish I didn't feel the same way. I sort of wish I hadn't sent back the silver strand I bought- but looking at everyone else's Black Friday silvers- they all look so much nicer! So maybe better that I did return, even if it was such a good price.

@leukolenos, I think you were right to send them back since they didn't wow you. My silver Tahitian strand also had flaws but I didn't take a close-up shot and was happy with them anyway since the luster on mine overtook the flaws at normal viewing distance. But I have felt like that before, seen the other pics of a piece and thought I must have received the last and least one! On the bright side, now you get to go pearl shopping all over again. :)

Edited to add: I just noticed the oval silver Tahitians are still listed on the PP holiday clearance page. If you're still interested, I wonder if you could ask for pics of the remaining strands, if they have more than one left?

Last edited:
I wish I didn't feel the same way. I sort of wish I hadn't sent back the silver strand I bought- but looking at everyone else's Black Friday silvers- they all look so much nicer! So maybe better that I did return, even if it was such a good price.
If you didn't love the strand it was best to return it. Don't worry there always will be more. You might have to wait a few harvests for the perfect one to appear. But sooner or later it does. You can always get on Jeremy's wish list and he will find it for you. That's what I've done many times.

And a late PP Christmas sale item for me! It's on the way. :)

"This rare Tahitian pearl necklace features pearls with oval shapes that look round from a distance. The pearls are dark with iridescent green and peacock overtones, have the highest luster, and graduates in size from 8.6 to 10.6 mm. The finished strand will be approximately 18 inches in length, knotted on color-matching silk and finished with a 14k gold clasp."

atahitian strand1.jpg

atahitian strand3.jpg

atahitian strand2.jpg

Back