365 Days of Pearls

I'm not a fan of sterling silver, so I passed on this piece, and have regretted it ever since...

Your photography skills continuously amaze and delight me, baby nurse!

I love the look of this tassel necklace, but I don't like sterling silver with pearls. I just can't stand tarnished silver. I've been known to remove the niello from silver pieces which are supposed to have it, because blackened anything (food included) drives me nuts. I know that's wrong, but I can't stop myself.

I'm a huge fan of Argentium silver, because it doesn't tarnish, but I'd rather spend the extra money and have white gold or platinum because then I know I'll never have to try to polish it.

That said, the necklace design is really lovely. Very flapper-ish.

Last edited:
Love this tassel necklace combo! I really like oxidized silver, I think it looks really pretty. I think a touch of gold would look really nice paired with the blackened silver and the white pearls. I'm a big fan of oxidized silver and high carat gold combo.
The whee photo captures it's spirit best!

That gold pendant is wonderful and I love the flapper necklace- so different and fun!

Thank you, Katbran, annie, Pareltje, hanadama, la corsetiere, BAS, and Sue Bee!

The photograph titled Whee! is exactly how I feel when I look at this necklace! Like a dancer kicking up her skirts :) That tassel certainly has the magic touch of Hisano, doesn't it ??? Wonderful, baby nurse!

Yes it does have her magic touch! I'm reminded of it every time I look at that tassel; it's achingly lovely.

I love the look of this tassel necklace, but I don't like sterling silver with pearls. I just can't stand tarnished silver. I've been known to remove the niello from silver pieces which are supposed to have it, because blackened anything (food included) drives me nuts. I know that's wrong, but I can't stop myself.

I'm a huge fan of Argentium silver, because it doesn't tarnish, but I'd rather spend the extra money and have white gold or platinum because then I know I'll never have to try to polish it.

That said, the necklace design is really lovely. Very flapper-ish.

Thanks BWeaves.

Yes, we all have our particularities. For me it's luster. If a pearl lacks sharp luster I'm not interested. Even gorgeous South Sea pearls, known for their satiny luster, in my mind the same rule applies. I can't help it.

Love this tassel necklace combo! I really like oxidized silver, I think it looks really pretty. I think a touch of gold would look really nice paired with the blackened silver and the white pearls. I'm a big fan of oxidized silver and high carat gold combo.
The whee photo captures it's spirit best!

I don't always love the look of oxidized silver but really do with this piece. I wouldn't change a thing. I like the idea of high carat gold with it too! I'll have to google that.

Fabulous tassel! I love the blackened findings as well...nicely done!

BWewaves, just a guess here...but I'm thinking that silver is black rhodium plated and not oxidized...but I could be wrong!

Thank you, JerseyPearl! I kept thinking I should post pics of this piece when that tassel thread first started. You (et al.) made some gorgeous tassels!

And it may very well be black rhodium plated, I honestly can't recall.

Thank you Pearly-Whites and SunSeeker! Yes, tassels are simply fun aren't they?

Day 61:

This is my Tahitian pendant from Kojima Pearl. The pearl is about 10mm and hangs on a strand of either iolite or tanzanite beads.

I ended up photographing it later in the afternoon and couldn't accurately capture the pearl color so I ended up re-taking the first picture of it in fluorescent lighting. The other three pics are in natural light and show it's true seafoam color.

Tahitian pendant from Kojima Pearl

Wearring Tahitian pendant from Kojima Pearl

I bought this pendant and the Keshi piece from a few days ago as a set. I posted them separately because I'm going to be running out of pieces to post soon. Here they are together.

I bought this pendant and the Keshi piece from a few days ago as a set

Last edited:
Back