365 Days of Pearls

Yes! I'm sure there will be more as well and I hope you are at the top of the list.

I know, I know. It was the off roundness that made me return my screamers the first time. But I'm getting used to the more baroque shapes now, and I kind like the naturalness of the slightly off shapes. I think I would love screamers that weren't trying to be so round, maybe? More baroque. I don't know. I'd have to see them in person. They're a bit like Tahitians. I ordered and returned a lot of T's before I found ones I really liked.

Thanks, Katbran, BAS, and SunSeeker!

If you are sensitive to shape, they're definitely worth looking at in person, BWeaves. I'm a stickler for luster. Two pearls with similar luster may seem equal to you but I'll probably see a difference. Fortunately it's something that can be assessed in pics. Much more difficult to do this with shape though.

Day 104:

Today I wore large metallic freshwater baroque earrings from Pearl Paradise. I'm not sure if they're soufflés or fireballs so I'll just call them baroques. They're 15mm x 22mm so quite large but light enough on the ear which Is why I wondered if they were soufflés. I picked them up during a connoisseur sale a few years back.

IMG_1959.jpg

View from right.
IMG_1960.jpg

View from left.
IMG_1961.jpg

Top view.
IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

Let me count the ways I hate to photograph my ears...
IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

I love those eareings. I'm super sensitive to weight and find myself wearing 8-9mm studs max.
Those are statement pieces. The colours. Woah

I love those eareings. I'm super sensitive to weight and find myself wearing 8-9mm studs max.
Those are statement pieces. The colours. Woah

I have a weight limit on my ears as well. I'm not at all bothered by weight around my neck but can't stand it on the ears!

I've been in "lurking mode" the last few weeks. Now these earrings have forced me to show up here. Those are stunners. The metallic color is otherworldly. Wow!

How unusual that they set those pearls as studs. They're stunning.

Back