365 Days of Pearls

Thank you, Kalmen,Sanipee, SunSeeker, JerseyPearl, Pareltje, Pearly-Whites, BWeaves, Katbran, Pearl Dreams, GemGeek, Purranha, and Sue Bee for the lovely comments regarding the earrings!

BWeaves and Katbran, I also thought it unusual that they chose to set these as studs rather than dangles. But they have a zigzag flow to them which falls nicely from the lobe, so that may be why.

Day 105:

Last week I mentioned having made earring purchases from Kojima Pearl Company. I received them and they're just as they were described on the website. They're beautiful and I love them! They're fun and flirty and unlike anything I have.

The pearls themselves are approx 9.7mm, decorated with tourmaline briolettes, on oxidized silver with gold vermeil ear wires, 2" long.

Here are 2 of Kojima's photos.

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

The rest of the photos are mine.

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

There's a lot of movement with these. The whole earring swings gently and the briolettes move as well!
IMG_1988.jpg

Closer view of the briolettes.
IMG_1986.jpg

Selfies taken after a long hike (though sorely tempted, earrings were put on only AFTER the hike!)
IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_5919.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

Love them! The briolettes look darker than in the Kojima photos, which I like. The pearls have awesome luster.

Those are some seriously cute earrings! Perfect for summer and parties!

Gorgeous earrings! Such a fun design. Have your golay studs arrived yet??

Lovely!!! Wear these new sweet earrings in health!

Love them! The briolettes look darker than in the Kojima photos, which I like. The pearls have awesome luster.

Yes, they are darker in real life which is good. Wish I could have gotten better pictures but we've had nothing but somber skies and rain. So I took quick pics last night in the fluorescent bathroom lighting. I'll retake them when the weather improves! And these are better than nothing.

Those earrings kept catching my eye on the Kojima website, too. I'm so glad you got them!

My issue is with oxidized silver. Drives me batty. My mother used to make me polish her silver flatware until it gleamed (and she had settings for 16 people), so when I see oxidized silver, I start to twitch.

But those earrings are gorgeous and fun. Now, tell us more about the necklaces you matched to them! I can only see a peek.

I agree, amti, Perfect for summer wear, especially on those days it's too hot for necklaces.

Thank you, Katbran, me too!

I did receive the Golay studs, Sanipee. They're going to go with everything! I'll share them soon, ok?

Will do, BAS:eek:

Nope, not gramma's pearls Pearly-Whites, though I'd wear hers too!!

I can appreciate that feeling regarding tarnished silver BWeaves. I had to think hard to remember whether or not I've ever polished silver-- I have but I'm not bothered by the look and actually quite like it on pieces like this.
You have a good eye-- I'll post pics of the necklace very soon. Here is a hint: one of your gorgeous pieces was the inspiration!

How wonderfully said, JerseyPearl! "Jewelry that does not take itself too seriously."

Last edited:
Those adorable mixed metal earrings caught my eye also! I feel I MUST wear earrings, even if no other jewelry, my mismatched lobes & torn holes, not cute!

Although we often call it "oxidized silver," the dark patina caused by a quick dip in a liver of sulphur bath and polished to a gorgeous gunmetal sheen, isn't exactly the same as tarnish which happens to silver over time, thank goodness! BWeaves, I disliked polishing sterling also, and gave away a coffee service so I'd never have to polish it again! Though I can understand the blackened patina isn't going to appeal to everyone, I think it gives an edgy, casual look and contrasts with my silver-white hair and others with lighter hair color.

Baby Nurse, those Kojima earrings look wonderful on you! Fun, whimsical, innovative, flirty and so perfect for summer ... a classic Kojima earring :)

Back