365 Days of Pearls

I missed the side by side GSS photos and just saw them now. Wow, wow, wow!

I, too, would have thought they could be worn nested, but in person the eye can see nuances that the camera doesn't pick up. No matter, they are both wonderful!

BN, both oh, so beautiful! The rippled skins do change the reflection significantly by comparison! Great to see such high quality of each type together!

Thank you, pattye! And that's a good point, one that I hadn't considered; those rippled skins would reflect completely differently. They are both beautiful!

Ripples rippling out of a martini glass??? I'm smitten :) I am so glad for the comparison photo; it surprised me. I think of my white baroque akoyas as being very white; they're the whitest of all the pearls I own. So it was quite intriguing to see the white ripples looking even whiter! I hope to be able to compare those white ripples to my white baroque akoyas somewhere down the line :)

I've always thought of the akoya as white as well! As I said previously, I think it's unusual for fwp like these ripples to be this white.

Thank you, SunSeeker, JerseyPearl, Pearly-Whites, and Kay!

Thank you, amti! I think the larger strand would be considered 24 carat and the smaller about 18.

I'd forgotten about my white ripples. I'm wearing them, though a pale comparison to yours, today!!!

BAS, I've always thought of it the other way around. I covet your white ripples! I can picture them right now in that PP glamour shot:cool:

I can't get over how the luster on your ripples is sharper than the akoyas!

Same here!

I'm having a hard time getting used to the new name! I read your reason for the change but is there significance to this one? I always find that interesting...

I missed the side by side GSS photos and just saw them now. Wow, wow, wow!

I, too, would have thought they could be worn nested, but in person the eye can see nuances that the camera doesn't pick up. No matter, they are both wonderful!

Thank you, PD!

That's right, there are certain things you simply can't see in a picture. I think by necessity we've all gotten so good at reading pics, it's easy to forget that things are not always as they seem.

Day 103:

Today I wore my single screamer strand and metallic studs from Pearl Paradise. I've posted this a few times but I felt like something nice and light today and this was it ; )

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_5788.jpg

IMG_5790.jpg

Same here!

I'm having a hard time getting used to the new name! I read your reason for the change but is there significance to this one? I always find that interesting...

Haha no not really, it's my husband' nickname for me. Short for my middle name, Sanipreeeya.

LOVE your screamers! They put other metallics to shame.

Haha no not really, it's my husband' nickname for me. Short for my middle name, Sanipreeeya.

LOVE your screamers! They put other metallics to shame.

What a difference an explanation makes. That's a lovely name!

I think there are some screamers coming! At least that is what I gathered from the Facebook live. They are spectacular!

So beautiful. As with all your pearls, it doesn't seem enough to say, WOW or GORGEOUS each time. But they are! I just need new words...

Haha, yes Kalmen!

Thank you, SunSeeker!

Would you have been happy with the off roundness, though, BWeaves? This strand is a bit off round.. and according to Pearly, there may be more on the way.

That's fantastic news, Pearly-Whites! I'd love to admire these on other PGers necks.

Sue Bee, you can say the same old thing every time! It's nice to hear from you.

Gah, I'm cringing. I keep forgetting that there seems to be emotional pain whenever i post these.

My reaction to these is not emotional pain but more like being stunned because they are so stunningly beautiful and I'm not even a white pearl fan but these I really want.:D

Back