365 Days of Pearls

Those adorable mixed metal earrings caught my eye also! I feel I MUST wear earrings, even if no other jewelry, my mismatched lobes & torn holes, not cute!

Although we often call it "oxidized silver," the dark patina caused by a quick dip in a liver of sulphur bath and polished to a gorgeous gunmetal sheen, isn't exactly the same as tarnish which happens to silver over time, thank goodness! BWeaves, I disliked polishing sterling also, and gave away a coffee service so I'd never have to polish it again! Though I can understand the blackened patina isn't going to appeal to everyone, I think it gives an edgy, casual look and contrasts with my silver-white hair and others with lighter hair color.

Patty, I used to be your opposite. Almost always wore necklaces but never wore earrings! Early on in this thread, Sea Urchin casually asked me if I ever wore earrings with my strands. So I scrambled through my smallish earring collection to match them with each day's necklace. Now I LOVE wearing them. Don't know what I could have been thinking...

Thank you for the detailed explanation regarding how silver's dark patina is created. I'm a big fan of this particular look.

Baby Nurse, those Kojima earrings look wonderful on you! Fun, whimsical, innovative, flirty and so perfect for summer ... a classic Kojima earring :)

Exactly! A classic kojima earring. There was another pair like it a few weeks ago. I think the pearl may have been white and the briolettes green. Really lovely! They disappeared pretty quickly.

Day 106:

Freshwater earrings from Kojima Pearl Company. These are 9x11mm cream colored drops with peach overtone, rhodium plated silver, topaz hoops. I purchased them at the same time as yesterday's Tahitian dangle earrings. As I mentioned before, I wear a lot of pastels so these will coordinate nicely.

Photo from Kojima website.
IMG_2008.JPG

My own pics..
IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

Music box my best friend gave me for my 16th birthday.
IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

My kids' toy. Time to invest in some props I think. (Promise you'll always wear earrings on your horns Bowser.)
IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

Last edited:
Your whimsical displays put a smile on my face before work. Thanks!

Ahahahahhaha! Love the props! I love the earrings even more.

Pattye: Thanks for the explanation of the oxidized silver.

Day 107:

Thank you, Marianne, Katbran, BAS, Sanipee, kalmen, BWeaves, JerseyPearl, Luvglitz, and SunSeeker!

I have a confession. I bought more than just two pairs of earrings from the kojima Pearl sale. It began with the earrings and I meant to stick to earrings because it's what I really need. But the new website seduced me and to borrow BWeaves' expression, these other items "fell into my basket".

Here they are (Kojima Pearl Company website photos).

DSC03684

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

They're Heeeeerre!
IMG_5842.jpg

What wonderful purchases! I love every single one ... Happy Mother's Day!!! My very favorite of course, is the long keshi tin cup, twin to BWeaves ... closely followed by those ... er .... well, everything lol. Such happy spring pieces; you will get so much wear from these :)

Back