365 Days of Pearls

Day 70:

Today I wore my white South Sea pendant from Golay Singapore and metallic freshwater studs from Pearl Paradise. The pendant is approximately 15.5mm and has strong blue and pink overtones. It is set on a diamond and white gold enhancer that John at Pearl Paradise tweaked for me. The studs are 7.5mm round metallic whites with pink overtones.

The gorgeous pendant pearl is the first purchase Icyjade helped me with-- a huge thank you to you, Icy!

Also thank you to Kay for helping me choose the bail during the 2016 ruckus. My enhancer is a copy of one she has.

View attachment 49761

View attachment 49762

View attachment 49763

View attachment 49764

View attachment 49765

View attachment 49766

View attachment 49767

View attachment 49768

View attachment 49769

I'm glad the setting worked out well for you. That WSS drop sure is a stunner with those overtones and luster.

I remember that torsade, BN. It looks beautiful on you. And the double strand of Sheri's screamers is stunning with your red cardigan. I have pearl and sweater envy.

Saw one of those internet things today with photos of Queen Elizabeth in all her hats- of course I didn't even look at the hats, I was looking at her pearls. In every photo she has large white earrings that reminded me of your bracelet. Maybe it has a diamond on top of the earring, it's hard to see... it appears she's worn the same pair of earrings since 1967 or so.. http://www.vanityfair.com/style/photos/2012/05/diamond-jubilee-hats-queen-elizabeth#1 Sorry to go off topic, but I really did think of how nicely they would go with your bracelet, ha ha!

Day 83:

16mm off-round Edison pearl pendant from Pearl Paradise. I bought this a few years ago during a PP Black Friday sale when they first began carrying Edison Pearls. We were so impressed with the intense colors and big sizes of these pearls! The long chain it is on is sterling silver.

16mm off-round Edison pearl pendant from Pearl Paradise

A couple of different views to show the colors (copper, green, blue, purple).

This is the lid of a glass candy dish my grandmother gave me when I was 7. A bit hard to tell here but it has a coating of beautiful iridescent rainbow colors, magical to a 7 year old.

And thus, the love of chickens begins!!!

I can see the iridescence in the glass. I would have been fascinated with it, too. That pearl is one giant oil slick. I love it.

haha the beginning of your love affair with chickens! Love all the colors in your Edison. It's HUGE!

That is one gorgeous pearl!! My grandmother had some "carnival glass" which was in a more orange palette, but with iridescence. I would love to know what kind of glass that is. Another great post!!

I can't tell if I love the pearl more, or your outfit!!!

Spring is HERE ... baby nurse is seen out of cashmere sweaters ... yippee! And in a glorious rainbow of pearl loveliness :)

I'm finally all caught up and had to pick my jaw up from the desk several times. Your pearls are amazing... all of them! I echo the comments about the screamers. How do they compare to the white edisons you got last year in terms of luster and color? I just remember them being beautiful, as if that's any way to distinguish any of your pearls. ;)

Saw one of those internet things today with photos of Queen Elizabeth in all her hats- of course I didn't even look at the hats, I was looking at her pearls. In every photo she has large white earrings that reminded me of your bracelet. Maybe it has a diamond on top of the earring, it's hard to see... it appears she's worn the same pair of earrings since 1967 or so.. http://www.vanityfair.com/style/photos/2012/05/diamond-jubilee-hats-queen-elizabeth#1 Sorry to go off topic, but I really did think of how nicely they would go with your bracelet, ha ha!

I'd like to recommend a book with beautiful photos, "The Queen's Jewels" by Leslie Field. Fabulous photos of the Queen's personal and family jewels, including many pearls. One of my all-time favorite books about great jewels.

Linda

Back