365 Days of Pearls

Thanks, JerseyPearl, Purranha, Cathy, lmgarden, Katbran, SunSeeker, BWeaves, Pearly-Whites, Naan, Marianne, hanadama, and Sue Bee!

Ooh, the Rooster photo!!! I remember, in my early PG days, saying "Walter, come look ... there's a rooster wearing pearls!!!" He gave me a look, and left the room LOL. It took me a while to connect the rooster to baby nurse :) I particularly love the way this luxurious rope shows off the individual textures and colors of these opulent rosebud pearls!

Lol!! I recall posting those photos soon after I joined PG. I think it was the Pearls in Action thread! :eek:

That is a wonderful torsade! Torsades don't get enough attention. I love the juxtaposition of the tiny seed pearls with the gorgeous FP....and the luster!

Oh, BN...the beauties I've missed! Those screamers are calling for me!

Chickadee is such a good sport, and quite fetching wearing your beautiful rope, which by the way matches his feathers so well!

Haha! Those pearls look better on him than on me; I can't possibly compete with an iridescent redhead LOL!

Good grief he's enormous!! And such a big fancy pants with his pearls !!

I love that Katbran! He is a big fancy pants!! And he is huge but my son was only 7 at the time so the rooster looks disproportionately big.

Rooster in a pearl rope. I love it. I love the retreating foot. hahahaha.

That's a beautiful necklace. I have a hard time warming up to rosebud pearls, but them I see yours and think they are absolutely gorgeous.

I almost like the picture with his retreating foot better than the one with the pearls because it is so expressive! He's such a good guy:eek:

Beautiful!! I'd love to see a close up of that glorious clasp...how does it work?

One part hooks into the other, you give it a little push and it clicks into place. It is very solid and secure. I'll take pictures of it tomorrow to illustrate.

That is a wonderful torsade! Torsades don't get enough attention. I love the juxtaposition of the tiny seed pearls with the gorgeous FP....and the luster!

I agree, Pearly-Whites! They are so interesting to look at. The fact is I'm terrible at putting together a torsade; I just can't get the twisting right. It looks great for a few minutes and then something is slipping out of place and instead of looking elegant, it looks silly. This torsade is perfect for me!

Day 82:

Two baroque white South Sea stretch bracelets from Kojima Pearl Company. The pearls are 9-11mm with silver overtones. I bought two so I could wear them together but after living with them I prefer the look of a single (on me).

Two baroque white South Sea stretch bracelets from Kojima Pearl Company.

baroque white South Sea stretch bracelet from Kojima Pearl Company.

The pearls are 9-11mm with silver overtones

The pearls are 9-11mm with silver overtones

These are gorgeous. I've found myself drawn towards SSP lately - there are some incredibly beautiful (and unobtainably expensive) ones at Paspaley - I don't know how if the SSP sold by our online vendors are of the same quality, if so that would be amazing!. I also rarely reach for my white pearls - I'm too crazy about Tahitians so I'm worried that I'd buy SSP and not wear them!

ETA - you should convert one into a tin cup!

Those are beautiful either way single or double looks good on you. The silver tones almost well "glow".

BN--These are stunning! Somehow it is hard to beat the beauty and satiny luster of WSS! I agree with Hanadama who is always reinventing pearls, that these could be repurposed somehow so that you might reach for them more often.

Pearl Dreams and BAS,

My husband is mostly pearl-blind. Maybe if I didn't wear pearls for a week or two... he'd notice the lack of pearls? Not sure though:rolleyes:

Here is a funny story. A year or two ago I bought a strand of gss. They were a lovely deep gold, nicely shaped but I wasn't sure I liked them enough to keep them. I put them on and asked my husband what he thought of them. He glanced at my neck and said "I dont like gold pearls!" You could have knocked me over with a feather! I never expected such strong emotion (or any opinion at all). He literally couldn't drag his eyes away from my neck. So I said "What pearls do you like?" His answer: "White pearls. Round white pearls."

This is what he likes. Single graduated Sheri's screamer strand from Pearl Paradise.

View attachment 49539

I'm just catching up. My DH mostly finds pearls boring (diamonds too, but he likes colored gemstones). My dark gold SS strand was the first pearl necklace he thought was interesting.

Back