365 Days of Pearls

Sweet ripples, BN. ..so colorful and metallic! Looks perfect with your V-neck sweater!

Thanks, SunSeeker. These and the other strand from Lilia's Treasures are some of my most metallic ripples. They're blemished but I find I don't notice it much because of how metallic they are.

That Ripple is stunning; such interesting shapes on this one!

Yes, baby nurse ... I got the tiny pearls rope in "whites", sort of. The tiny pearls have a hint of baroque shape to them, lots of soap bubble iridescence on what could be taken as white, but is off, in a slight hint of grey/silver/blue but not quite. Interspersed every few inches is a bigger (still smallish) baroque pearl in a whiter shade. I fully intended to give it away, but can't lol. It somehow looks wonderful paired with my long rope from PP (through our dear Pkinnew) which is tiny akoya keshi interspersed with baroque white South Seas pearls. Why it works, I don't know, but it does. I passed up a beautiful white SS teardrop pendant that KaySD adopted, and oh, yes, I remember how delighted BAS was with her gorgeous GSS ring!

Oh, I remember that strand of Pkinnew's! That sounds gorgeous together! Thank you for the description-- I got a wonderful visual : ). I hope you bring those to the Ruckus.

Ooohh ripples. I have a weak spot for colorful iridescent ripples. I'm running out of superlatives to describe your ripples, BN.
Oh yes, I was talking about those huge ssp in Hisano's hand. They're so big that they can be my perfect doorknobs to remind me of my pearl addiction lol.

I love the colorful iridescence as well. People seem to either really like ripples or they really do not.

I was surprised to see a toggle clasp on those pearls...I would have thought they wouldn't be heavy enough to keep it closed. Though I guess the length and the downward pull on the rope makes a difference.

My guess is that they used the clasp they had on hand.

Day 76:

Love birds golden South Sea Pearl ring from Rio Pearl in Hong Kong. The shank and beaks are 18kt yellow gold, wings and tails are white gold and the little stones are diamonds.

I was able to purchase this ring because Icyjade kindly shared with me where she purchased her own love birds ring, including store phone number and the name of the associate she worked with. Thank you Icy!

Love birds golden South Sea Pearl ring from Rio Pearl in Hong Kong

The shank and beaks are 18kt yellow gold, wings and tails are white gold and the little stones are diamonds

The shank and beaks are 18kt yellow gold, wings and tails are white gold and the little stones are diamonds

OMG, that is the cutest ring I've ever seen! You golden birds are so plump and gorgeous.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite ring ever ever ever :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, that is the cutest ring I've ever seen. I love all the detail. I'd never get any work done. I'd be staring at my hand all day.

Hi BN, adorable doesn't even begin to describe all the cutest going in with your ring!! Swwwweeeeeet! :)

Back