365 Days of Pearls

Such adorable teeny-tiny pearls! Love the metallic drop earrings, too. Total pearl envy here. I might cry!

Ah! I remember that rope of tiny FW pearls!!! Had it in my hands for a while, then chose a similar tiny strand in a different colorway :) I'd forgotten you got it, baby nurse :) Really lovely!

I love the orient and the luster. This is a size that I feel comfortable to wear (I'm recovering from the shock of seeing humongous pearls)

HI BN, those little pearls are just darling and look perfect with your earrings! I love how you can see the subtle variations in shape and color. Does the toggle stay in place, considering the strand is probably light weight?

Funny that you should ask that; it looks like it might not, right? When I'm wearing it, as light as it is, the weight of the strand is enough to keep the toggle in place. When I'm handling it off the neck, like when I was photographing it, one part of the toggle kept shooting through the other.

Well, good to know it's secure while you're wearing it! I always wonder about those toggles taking flight :)

Ah! I remember that rope of tiny FW pearls!!! Had it in my hands for a while, then chose a similar tiny strand in a different colorway :) I'd forgotten you got it, baby nurse :) Really lovely!

That's right, Cathy! We were sitting outside early morning having breakfast and pouring through mikeyys suitcase lol! Had I gotten up earlier I could have snagged the huge gss BAS ended up with.

Which strand of tinies did you get? Was it the white? You've told me before...

I dont remember ever seeing this rope...its so CUTE! I love the look of the little pearls.

I don't think I've taken pics of it before. Yes, the pearls are so tiny, the only knots I can see are the ones between the last three pearls by the clasp.

I can hear Don Ho singing Tiny Bubbles...so pretty and dainty. I'd want to wrap them twice around the neck and hang an enhancer from the toggle. I look forward to these posts every day, thanks BN!

Aww-- thank you JerseyPearl!!

Day 75:

Ripples from battah at Lilia's Treasures. The strand is 19" long and pearls range from 10-20mm.

Ripples from battah at Lilia's Treasures

The strand is 19 long and pearls range from 10-20mm.

Ripples from battah at Lilia's Treasures. The strand is 19 long and pearls range from 10-20mm.

Ripples from battah at Lilia's Treasures. The strand is 19 long and pearls range from 10-20mm.

Sweet ripples, BN. ..so colorful and metallic! Looks perfect with your V-neck sweater!

That Ripple is stunning; such interesting shapes on this one!

Yes, baby nurse ... I got the tiny pearls rope in "whites", sort of. The tiny pearls have a hint of baroque shape to them, lots of soap bubble iridescence on what could be taken as white, but is off, in a slight hint of grey/silver/blue but not quite. Interspersed every few inches is a bigger (still smallish) baroque pearl in a whiter shade. I fully intended to give it away, but can't lol. It somehow looks wonderful paired with my long rope from PP (through our dear Pkinnew) which is tiny akoya keshi interspersed with baroque white South Seas pearls. Why it works, I don't know, but it does. I passed up a beautiful white SS teardrop pendant that KaySD adopted, and oh, yes, I remember how delighted BAS was with her gorgeous GSS ring!

Ooohh ripples. I have a weak spot for colorful iridescent ripples. I'm running out of superlatives to describe your ripples, BN.
Oh yes, I was talking about those huge ssp in Hisano's hand. They're so big that they can be my perfect doorknobs to remind me of my pearl addiction lol.

Last edited:
Back