365 Days of Pearls

That is an absolutely beautiful pendant and so blue for a SS! Amazing luster and overtones. I see that it has a clasp that might serve as an enhancer. How does it look with your blue akoyas? So fun to play with your collection vicariously!

Thanks hanadama, Pearly-Whites, and SunSeeker!

Pearly, for some reason, it doesn't look good with the deeper blue. I have a dark blue strand of tiny akoya and they just don't play well together. I'll try it with a more silvery blue...

OMG! That pendant! Wow. That's gorgeous. I'd like to see it on a more substantial necklace. That thin chain doesn't do it justice. It needs to be hanging off a thicker chain or a strand of pearls or moonstones, or diamonds by the yard of something like that.

Last edited:
I love the various angles of your pendant shot. Thank you. What a delicious pearl. The luster, shape and color are so appealing.

Strikingly stunning pearl!! The thin chain highlights its exceptional beauty without distraction. I can see it worn as an enhancement to most anything.

Hello, newberry! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. We're nearing the end but I still have a few pieces, and then there are the loose pearls...:eek:. I would love to see you put together a thread like this-- hint hint!

LOL I"ve changed my job and am working twice the number of hours and unfortunately only wear earrings to work now. I do miss wearing my strands everyday but who know what will happen. You've still got 8 more months to go which I'm totally thrilled about :) because I loooove your pearl collection. Can't wait to see more pearls and outfits. Please don't forget to throw in good outfit vs bad outfit pictures. Your taste is impeccable both in pearl selection as well as complimentary outfits but showing how outfit color choice can make any pearl look horrible as fine as all of your pearls are will help many to understand it might be them and not the pearl.

Day 71:

Today I wore peach metallic freshwater necklace and earrings from Catherine Cardellini. The strand is 17" and made up of 9-10mm pearls. The pearls in the earring dangles are about 9mm.

peach metallic freshwater necklace from Catherine Cardellini

The strand is 17 and made up of 9-10mm pearls.

The strand is 17 and made up of 9-10mm pearls.

Today I wore peach metallic freshwater necklace from Catherine Cardellini

Today I wore peach metallic freshwater necklace from Catherine Cardellini

Peach metallic freshwater necklace and earrings from Catherine Cardellini

Today I wore peach metallic freshwater necklace and earrings from Catherine Cardellini

You killed me with the T pendant and peach fwp necklace. Sigh, the luster screams.

I can't believe how round and metallic those pearls are! What year did you buy that strand?

LOL I"ve changed my job and am working twice the number of hours and unfortunately only wear earrings to work now. I do miss wearing my strands everyday but who know what will happen. You've still got 8 more months to go which I'm totally thrilled about :) because I loooove your pearl collection. Can't wait to see more pearls and outfits. Please don't forget to throw in good outfit vs bad outfit pictures. Your taste is impeccable both in pearl selection as well as complimentary outfits but showing how outfit color choice can make any pearl look horrible as fine as all of your pearls are will help many to understand it might be them and not the pearl.

I hope you're enjoying the new job! It sounds like a lot of hours-- not much time to devote to a daily thread.

Thanks for reminding me. I meant to take some pictures of pearls with sweater colors that don't complement the pearl and forgot. Will do!

Thank you, Sea Urchin, hanadama, Pareltje, BAS, and JerseyPearl! Catherine described them as "golden pink", so maybe they're a little more pink than peach but to my eye, they're peachy.

BAS, I've had these for awhile, maybe 3 years? This thread has been so helpful in reconnecting me with my pearls. I hadn't worn these in a couple of years. I LOVE them and will definitely wear them now!

Back