365 Days of Pearls

What a lovely ring, Hisano did a great job.

I long for the day I can wear a 4.5 on my ring finger again, so many unsizable rings that I can't make use of till then!

Beautiful ring...and I am also marveling at a 4.5 size. My ring fingers used to be a size 5, and I can still wear a 5.5 on my left, but my right is much more comfortable in a 6.25 (hand swelling and all). It's getting over the knuckles that's the tough part...but I've learned that a good ring is worth the extra soap it takes to get it off.

That pendant is adorable and dramatic and oh, so lovely! I've been hoarding a gorgeous WSS drop for a long while now, trying to figure out what to do with it. Never found a bail I liked for it ... between this tiny keshi "chain" and that golden bail on the green Tahitian, you've given me a couple of really great ideas :)

and ... velvet ... sigh ...

Glad to help you out with inspiration, Cathy. It sure can be tricky, can't it? I have pearls that I've had for years trying to figure out how to set!

I'm still kicking myself a little for not buying the ombré strand. In person, it's got the most lovely purple tahitians. Sigh...

Still laughing at what your husband said about the goldens. And you have the most lovely strands too! Did he not like golden egg too?

One of these days you will find one like it Icy.

As a matter of fact he does like golden egg!

Gorgeous ring and French manicure 😀 I'm so so so curious about soufflés. Hoping to see some in real life one day.
And size 4.5!

I have MIA for several days, but that ring is spectacular with the metallic sheen, color and overtones!

BN--there is another thread about pearl storage and as your collection is so extensive, how do you store yours??

Stella hit us hard and we lost internet for the last 24 hours. It's at times like this I realize how dependent we are on electronics. My husband and I woke up this morning, reached for our phones and said "Wha...? STILL no internet...?" I'm exaggerating a bit. *I* reached for my phone and groaned over the absence of internet. My husband reluctantly crawled out of bed to clear the 18" of snow from our driveway. Poor guy.

Thanks, Sea Urchin! The daily threads are a lot of fun. I love the Pearls in Action thread.

Amti, thank you for the kind words re the Golay rope. I will definitely wear it more often and share pics!

Thank you, Pearl Dreams, Pareltje, Katbran, JerseyPearl, MSC, Sue Bee, kalmen, and BWeaves! Soufflé pearls can be so colorful.

Purranha, you have tiny fingers!

Pearly-Whites, we have a safe.

BN, we had more snow today than we did from Stella! I'm on the NJ coast, and we had almost all rain from the storm...but this afternoon, a line of snow came through and gave us about an inch. As the crow flies, I'm about 30 miles from midtown Manhattan.

I'd heard that it had come down as rain instead of snow! How surprising because I think you were expecting blizzard conditions with two feet of snow? Much easier clean-up this way!

Baby Nurse, I'm just now catching up - I've missed so much beauty! All so magnificent I can't pick a favorite...although that Tahitian ombré rope...doesn't get much better! I also love the small akoya keshi with the brilliant wss pendant, I love them all! Thank you for being such an inspiration!!

Lmgarden-- such high praise! It's my pleasure:eek:

Day 68:

Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise and Tahitian studs from Golay Singapore. The rope is 52" long and made up of 8-11mm silver/blue baroque Tahitians. The studs are 10-11mm rounds with strong blue overtones.

Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise

baroque tahitian pearl rope - 8-11mm silver/blue baroque Tahitians

8 to 11mm silver blue baroque Tahitians

8-11mm silver/blue baroque Tahitians Pearl Paradise

52-inch Tahitian pearl rope doubled

52 inch baroque tahitian pearl rope Pearl Paradise

baroque tahitian pearls

52-inch rope - Pearl Paradise baroque Tahitian necklace

The rope is 52 long and made up of 8-11mm silver/blue baroque Tahitians

Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise and Tahitian studs from Golay Singapore

The rope is 52 long and made up of 8-11mm silver/blue baroque Tahitians.  The studs are 10-11mm rounds with strong blue overtones - Pearl Paradise and Golay

Thanks Sue Bee and JerseyPearl!

JP, that's amazing. Mother Nature can be one crazy gal!

Ahhhhhhh .... I LOVE those blue Tahitians!!!!! Even with a thesaurus, I'll run out of adjectives long before baby nurse runs out of pearls :)

Back