365 Days of Pearls

Haha-- good to have priorities, Cathy ! And thank you:)

Thank you, Pareltje!

I totally see you in one of these, hanadama! Particularly one like the 8mm Katbran described.

Thank you, la corsetiere! Truly glad you are enjoying it.

Thank you, kalmen!

Thank you, Katbran! This is a favorite of mine.

Thanks, MSC : )

BN, I'm curious: which of your pearls is/are your H's favorite(s)?

Pearl Dreams and BAS,

My husband is mostly pearl-blind. Maybe if I didn't wear pearls for a week or two... he'd notice the lack of pearls? Not sure though:rolleyes:

Here is a funny story. A year or two ago I bought a strand of gss. They were a lovely deep gold, nicely shaped but I wasn't sure I liked them enough to keep them. I put them on and asked my husband what he thought of them. He glanced at my neck and said "I dont like gold pearls!" You could have knocked me over with a feather! I never expected such strong emotion (or any opinion at all). He literally couldn't drag his eyes away from my neck. So I said "What pearls do you like?" His answer: "White pearls. Round white pearls."

This is what he likes. Single graduated Sheri's screamer strand from Pearl Paradise.

Single graduated Sheri's screamer strand from Pearl Paradise

Amazing multicolor strand! Really great idea! Some necklaces in one!

You're right, Naan. It can be worn long or you can double it and shift it around so the colors that match your outfit are showing.

BN-
That ombre rope is one of the most incredible ropes I have ever seen. I don't know what other superlatives could give it justice. You are very fortunate to be it's caretaker. Amazing!

BN, your story made me laugh!

But then, one can't argue with the beauty of Sheri's Screamers!

Katbran, that's it exactly! I was floored.

Pearly-Whites, I laughed when I read your post! The word "caretaker" really puts things in perspective! (I do indeed feel fortunate:))

Pearl Dreams, he definitely picked a winner with Sheri's screamers!

Day 65:

Today I wore my white South Sea Pearl pendant from Pearl Paradise. It's about 14.5mm and hangs on a 17" strand of tiny white keshi. I bought it during a monthly special.

Of all my pearls, this is the piece that gets the most attention from the general public (who in my experience are generally pearl-blind like my husband.)

white South Sea Pearl pendant from Pearl Paradise

Baroque white south sea

14.5mm and hangs on a 17 strand of tiny white keshi

White South Sea pendant Pearl Paradise, 14.5mm and hangs on a 17 strand of tiny white keshi

I really, really like this look! I have sometimes worn a WSS on a chain it is just so blah. Fun and flirty!

Love the screamers, and I really love the tiny keshi with the SS drop. But oh my, that ombre' strand is to die for. I keep eyeing the ombre' strand on Kamoka's website, but I think yours is much more colorful. I love it.

I've found that people tend to think that my strands are faux while they assume that my pendants are real. My 14mm WSS PP special sale pendant gets a lot of comments too (yours is stunning with the circles). My 8mm Tahitian pendant (made with one of Jeremy's special pearls that were sold loose in the connoisseur sale) gets a lot of comments too. My strands are only (rarely) noticed by fellow pearl people.

It's funny your husband has such strong feelings. Mine recently came out and announced that he loves my WSS strand and my Akoya strand and that he's less enamored with my baroque Tahitians (he blurted this out when I was debating which strand to wear to one of his work functions). Traditional pearls look 'fancier' in his opinion. This after 3 years of saying that everything I wear looks nice...

Ok, here is the question. Does any have a NON pearl colour blind husband?)) Because mine is not only colour blind, he is also size blind in terms of pearls :D :D

That ombre strand from Golay is my favourite too. An amazing strand!

I've found that people tend to think that my strands are faux while they assume that my pendants are real.

Most people think my Freshadamas are real but my Hanadamas are fake, because they are too perfect and shiny. And you're right. I get "Wow" comments on my pendants, and "nice beads" on my ropes, if they are noticed at all. Then again, my pendants tend to be on the special side.

Ok, here is the question. Does any have a NON pearl colour blind husband?)) Because mine is not only colour blind, he is also size blind in terms of pearls :D :D

My husband likes my multicolored colored FWP more than my white ones, and loves Tahitians. He wears these that we got from PP for our daughter's 21st birthday. He's happy that she didn't want them! ;)

Husband wearing pearl paradise Tahitian strand

That pendant is adorable and dramatic and oh, so lovely! I've been hoarding a gorgeous WSS drop for a long while now, trying to figure out what to do with it. Never found a bail I liked for it ... between this tiny keshi "chain" and that golden bail on the green Tahitian, you've given me a couple of really great ideas :)

and ... velvet ... sigh ...

Thank you, everyone!

Day 66:

Today I wore my cream freshwater pearl rosebud rope from Lilia's Treasures (thank you, battah!) and champagne South Sea studs from Golay Singapore. The rope is 36" long and made up of 8-9mm pearls. The studs are 11-12mm.

Originally I paired the rope with some rosebud dangles. Then I switched to the SS studs. I thought the contrast between the smooth roundness of the SS looked nice with the textured rosebud surface.

cream freshwater pearl rosebud rope from Lilia's Treasures

Close up cream freshwater pearl rosebud rope from Lilia's Treasures

Front: cream freshwater pearl rosebud rope from Lilia's Treasures

Wearing cream freshwater pearl rosebud rope from Lilia's Treasures

Close up wearing cream freshwater pearl rosebud rope from Lilia's Treasures

cream freshwater pearl rosebud rope from Lilia's Treasures, and champagne South Sea studs from Golay Singapore

cream freshwater pearl rosebud rope from Lilia's Treasures and champagne South Sea studs from Golay Singapore

Back