365 Days of Pearls

BN--very pretty bracelet! I am relatively new to this, does Pearl Paradise still have connoisseur sales? I haven't seen them lately.

Pearly, I hadn't realized it had been so long since they'd had a connoisseur sale but now that I think of it, I think the last one was in 2014. Definitely none last year or in 2015. Basically they would sell lots of one of a kind pieces and I think it would usually be in September.

OMG BN LUV LUV LUV that ombre bracelet!!! I didn't discover PP until after the connoiseur sale, and they never seemed to have another one in the recent years! Hmm haha perhaps time to wrangle & arm-twist Jeremy for another one!

As I mentioned to Pearly, I hadn't realized it had been so long since there'd been a connoisseur sale. Yes, definitely time to wrangle Jeremy for another!

As I mentioned to Pearly, I hadn't realized it had been so long since there'd been a connoisseur sale. Yes, definitely time to wrangle Jeremy for another!

There will be but I can't promise when ;) They take a heck of a lot of planning and special pearls!

We'll need airplanes and boats instead of RR companies, so we can get around and visit pearl farms, on that Monopearly board :)

Cathy and BWeaves, this is HILARIOUS!! Love Monopearly lol!!

Here is a pic of the woman who invented Monopoly (originally thought to have been created by Charles Darrow). My kids were asking when the game was created, by whom etc so I did a quick search with my iPhone. Sharing this because her story's interesting AND she's wearing pearls.

Here is a pic of the woman who invented Monopoly

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/business/behind-monopoly-an-inventor-who-didnt-pass-go.html

Day 58:

Tahitian Keshi "tin cup" from Kojima Pearl. I love this little necklace. its delicate and the Keshi are so unique and pretty! I think the stones are tanzanite.

The earrings are Tahitian dangles from Pearl Paradise.

Tahitian Keshi tin cup from Kojima Pearl

Tahitian Keshi tincup - Kojima Pearl, earrings are Tahitian dangles from Pearl Paradise

Tahitian Keshi tincup - Kojima Pearl, earrings are Tahitian dangles from Pearl Paradise

Ooh, that one sings to my heart, Baby Nurse! Sarah has such a knack with little keshi pearls ... just lovely :)

P.S. I really dislike playing Monopoly lol ... but am glad the game designer finally gets her due, and in pearls!

Unfortunately, she didn't get her due Cathy. She created the first version of the game called "The Landlord's Game", in 1904. Charles Darrow made millions off his version beginning in 1935. Elizabeth Magie got $500.00! Probably more trivia than you were looking for : ) I wouldn't know about it if it weren't for the constant stream of questions flowing from my kids and the easy internet access through my iPhone lol!

I hated the game as a kid. Didn't understand it and found it boring. When we went to Canada for Christmas, my sister pulled it out and taught the kids how to play. They loved it and insisted we buy it here in the US. So when my kids are home and there's nothing else to do, out comes the game and I actually enjoy it now!

Thanks for the complement on the little Keshi strand. Sarah is incredibly talented with these little guys (and all other pearls of course)! It's amazing what a statement such a simple piece can make.

I absolutely love this delicate necklace, the keshi work beautifully with the gemstones.

It also looks very MSC!!

Thank you, Baby Nurse. I love that little strand, as you said, simple, but so interesting it's elegant.

Cathy and BWeaves, this is HILARIOUS!! Love Monopearly lol!!

Here is a pic of the woman who invented Monopoly (originally thought to have been created by Charles Darrow). My kids were asking when the game was created, by whom etc so I did a quick search with my iPhone. Sharing this because her story's interesting AND she's wearing pearls.

View attachment 49283

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/business/behind-monopoly-an-inventor-who-didnt-pass-go.html

She LOOKS like what Mrs. Moneybags should look like.

-------------------------

Sue Bee, please accept my deepest sympathy on the death of your mother.

--------------------------

BN, what a gorgeous necklace and earrings. I haven't seen that one before.

Last edited:
The keshi necklace is elegant, BN. It might just be my monitor, but the gemstones appear more like iolite than tanzanite to me.

I absolutely love this delicate necklace, the keshi work beautifully with the gemstones.

It also looks very MSC!!

Hanadama! That's exactly what I thought and I almost described it as my "MSC" necklace : )

Yes, I do see MSC in this gorgeous delicate necklace, but also Jersey Pearls beautiful faceted stone and Tahitians!

I recently bought some multi colored faceted sapphires and am thinking of adding some multicolored Edisons, but you are right these small stones take forever to string!!

Sue Bee, thank you!

BWeaves, I don't think I've shared this in a long time.

You're probably right, Marianne! I haven't looked at gemstone necklaces in person so was guessing.

Katbran, I've just learned how to string so I can only imagine!

Pearly-Whites, interested in seeing that faceted sapphire/Edison piece once it's done!

Day 59:

Today I wore my off round and Keshi freshwater pearl necklace and earrings, purchased from Catherine Cardellini. It's 21.5" long and made up of pearls ranging from 11.2 to 12.9mm. I love it for its shimmery creams, pinks, peaches and lavenders.

off round and Keshi freshwater pearl necklace and earrings, purchased from Catherine Cardellini

off round and Keshi freshwater pearl necklace and earrings, purchased from Catherine Cardellini

It's 21.5 long and made up of pearls ranging from 11.2 to 12.9mm

It's 21.5 long and made up of pearls ranging from 11.2 to 12.9mm

I love it for its shimmery creams, pinks, peaches and lavenders.

Today I wore my off round and Keshi freshwater pearl necklace and earrings, purchased from Catherine Cardellini

Today I wore my off round and Keshi freshwater pearl necklace - Catherine Cardellini

Today I wore my off round and Keshi freshwater pearl necklace and earrings - Catherine Cardellini

Wearing Today I wore my off round and Keshi freshwater pearl necklace and earrings - Catherine Cardellini

Last edited:
Back