365 Days of Pearls

I'm a bit late to posting since I had data loading issues with the site during the weekend?

BN LUV LUV LUV your Holy Grail strand. And as much as I also really like all the other ripples you have posted, the side by side comparison actually further showcased JUST HOW METALLIC your HG strand is. Amazingly stunning. Your and Lmgarden's HG strands are by far 2 of my favorites. <3

I've had difficulty logging on for the last week so you're not alone in that frustration!

Thank you, Purranha!! I think the conclusion is if you're into ripples, you can't go wrong with a holy grail strand, unless your neck has weight limit issues ; )

BN, your whole collection is amazing. That golden strand made me drool on my keyboard. The combo of color, luster and those gorgeous overtones is simply spectacular.

I'm always so pleased to hear from you, Kay!

Thank you for the gss complements. High praise from someone who has the strand that sparked my love affair with goldens (and who looks like a queen in them)!

Day 55:

Today I wore my Catherine Cardellini ripples and Golay Tahitian studs. The strand is about 19" long with pearls ranging from 10-13.5mm. The studs are 10-11mm.

I started out just wearing the studs because they're a nice match with the sweater. Then I noticed it was sunny, "It's going to be cloudy all week. I should be taking pictures." This is where my mind travels every time it's sunny lol! So I grabbed these ripples in a bit of a rush. Not sure if this was the best color for them but it worked in a pinch.

Catherine Cardellini ripples

Catherine Cardellini ripples - The strand is about 19 long with pearls ranging from 10-13.5mm

Catherine Cardellini ripples - The strand is about 19 long with pearls ranging from 10-13.5mm

Catherine Cardellini ripples and Golay Tahitian studs

IMG_2271.jpg

Colors are really dull in the last picture because I took that one at night with fluorescent lighting.

Beautiful color combination, playing off of the sweater and your skin and hair color. Very creative!

Thanks JP and Pearly! I liked the mismatched look : )

Here is daylight pic which shows colors better but I didn't originally post it because the earring looks out of proportion huge.

Here is daylight pic which shows colors better

Last edited:
I am enjoying this thread SO much! All of your pearls are so beautiful and you do have the coloring to wear all colors! I've been wondering, though- with so many, how do you keep straight where and when you bought them and other details?

Thank you, Sue Bee! I have the receipts in folders, according to year. For certain pieces like the Catherine Cardellini ones, I look up the listing on her website; Pearl sizes etc can be found in the description.

I'm always so pleased to hear from you, Kay!

Thank you for the gss complements. High praise from someone who has the strand that sparked my love affair with goldens (and who looks like a queen in them)!

Awww, thanks! We'll have to try on each others goldens at the next Ruckus.

I have been a bit MIA the past few months. I was in a funk for a while after Mom passed, then I was really behind at work from taking time off. I am trying to get back to my normal routines.

Welcome back Kay! BN, love the ripples with your skin tones! And the Tahitians are a nice surprise!

Awww, thanks! We'll have to try on each others goldens at the next Ruckus.

I have been a bit MIA the past few months. I was in a funk for a while after Mom passed, then I was really behind at work from taking time off. I am trying to get back to my normal routines.

Yes, let's try on our goldens at the next ruckus!

I'm really sorry about the loss of your mother, Kay. {{{hugs}}}. I hope you're beginning to feel more like yourself. Please stick around, ok?

Day 56:

Golay Tahitian strand and studs and Pearl Paradise Tahitian dangles. The strand is made up of multicolor baroques that range from 13 to 16mm. The studs are 10-11mm and PP dangles are roughly 10mm.

Icyjade helped me find this strand. Were it not for her eagle eye, this piece would be gracing someone else's neck:eek:!

Golay Tahitian strand

Golay Tahitian strand Center

Golay Tahitian strand front

Golay Tahitian strand - The strand is made up of multicolor baroques that range from 13 to 16mm

Golay Tahitian strand - The strand is made up of multicolor baroques that range from 13 to 16mm

Last edited:
I don't have many earrings but found 2 pairs I thought would coordinate nicely. The studs are 10-11mm round Tahitians from Golay and the dangles are roughly 10mm Tahitian drops from Pearl Paradise.

the studs are 10-11mm round Tahitians from Golay and the dangles are roughly 10mm Tahitian drops from Pearl Paradise

Golay Tahitian strand 10-11mm round Tahitians

Golay Tahitian strand 10-11mm round Tahitians

Tahitians from Golay and the dangles are roughly 10mm Tahitian drops from Pearl Paradise

Wearing Tahitians from Golay and the dangles are roughly 10mm Tahitian drops from Pearl Paradise

Golay multicolor Tahitian baroque strand

Golay Tahitian strand close up

I liked both pairs but thought the depth of color and size of the studs created a more balanced look.

Oh my...your Golay pearls are outstanding! I think we need a family shot of them with your ombré rope. Seriously breathtaking!

Back