365 Days of Pearls

Thank you, Katbran, kalmen, Pearl Dreams, Pareltje, BWeaves, Bailey, pattye, and la_corsetiere (thank you thank you thank you Sheri!!)

Patty that is so kind-- thank you! I will do that but truly I'm loving the thread. Taking pictures, selecting the best and posting takes a fraction of the time it used to.

Here is Sheri selecting her Screamers in Hong Kong.

Day 40:

This is the feather pearl ring I purchased from Sarah at Kojima Pearl. I bought it during the 2016 ruckus when I had the pleasure of seeing Sarah in person and got to pour through her phenomenal pearl creations. I wanted badly to buy more but I was on a budget and settled on this special ring.

The shank of the ring is sterling silver and the pearl looks like a little feather wing. Our family includes a beloved group of hens and two roosters so feathers hold a special place in my heart.

Feather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima Pearl

Feather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima Pearl hand top view

Feather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima Pearl hand top side

Feather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima Pearl on hand

I picked out those pearls for PP when I was in Hong Kong, and yes, my eyes were crossed after a few hours of staring at the amazing metallic whites to find the ones that "screamed". I remember thinking how the iridescent luster of the most spectacular pearls reminded me of soap bubbles. I'd be ready to go back any time! Feel free to drop hints to PP... :rolleyes:

And BN, they do look absolutely gorgeous on you!!!

LOL yes we all need to start sending some not so subtle hints to PP demanding more Sheri Screamer strands!!! I want 3!!!

When I first looked at these photos; my inclination was to leave them alone as they looked great ... then I tried a few and was blown away by this lovely ring! Enjoy:

Feather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima PearlFeather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima PearlFeather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima PearlFeather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima PearlFeather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima PearlFeather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima PearlFeather pearl ring from Sarah at Kojima Pearl

I LOVE that ring! I would never have thought to set a wing pearl in that fashion. It is simply exquisite.

Haha I scrubbed Sarah's site after seeing BN's feather ring. All lovely but none as beautiful as BN's!!!

Oh -- baby nurse has an amazing ability to zoom in on the very best.

I'm really late to this party, but really LOVING this thread! BN, you have amazing taste and a stunning collection of pearls! Thank you so much for sharing them with all of us!

Cathy-- right on! Just how I wanted them!

Thank you, Purranha, Sheri, MSC, BAS, JerseyPearl, pattye, and SunSeeker!

I'm usually not so much into feather pearls, but the one on your ring is fabulous, BN.

Thank you, Sue Bee. I'm delighted with this little work of art.

Neither was I, Pareltje until I got a good look at this one. I'd love to get a strand of these.

Lol! Thanks, Sea Urchin. I really enjoy seeing your huge Edison, gss, and Tahitian rings. Just fantastic!

Screamers and other metallic sympathizers upon hearing Jersey Pearl did not secure one of Sheri's strands.

Put this together to make you smile JP

Put this together to make you smile JP; I'm not teasing. I know what it's like to miss out on special pearls and it's so disappointing. Your strand(s) is out there.

Back