365 Days of Pearls

Day 37:

Today I wore my Tahitian and South Sea strand and my Burmese South Sea studs from Pearl Paradise. The strand is 17" long and made up of pearls that are about 11mm. Studs are 10-11mm.

LitGeek has the original stunning version of this necklace. I got to see it in person and admired it so much that I asked Pearl Paradise to put one together for me:)

Tahitian and South Sea strand and my Burmese South Sea studs from Pearl Paradise

The strand is 17 long and made up of pearls that are about 11mm

Studs are 10-11mm

Still posting from the ipad:(

So lovely BN!
Thanks Cathy for your photo edit.

Last edited:
The pearls, design, placement - I love everything about this strand.

This is a great strand. I love the subtle, cool ombre effect. Pretty pearls and as always, they look great on you. I love how Tahitians can have different colors but still match.

This is such a lovely, whimsical-yet-elegant, design. I just adore the overall look -- and each glorious pearl individually.

Thank you, Cathy for setting the pictures right. It aggravates me to see them sideways/upside down-- you're a lifesaver.

And thank you, Katbran, Pareltje, hanadama, moneymeister, MSC, kalmen, BWeaves, and BAS!

The placement of wss is key in this strand. I simply copied LitGeek's strand and she modeled hers on Natalie Portman's darker version, which I think is also so lovely.

The placement of wss is key in this strand. I simply copied LitGeek's strand and she modeled hers on Natalie Portman's darker version, which I think is also so lovely.

Are there a few GSS pearls in Natalie Portman's strand? The photo on the right looks like there might be. Hers is lovely, but I like the incredible glow and elegance of your lighter strand, baby nurse :)

I thought so as well, Purranha. But this particular version seems to be the Natalie Portman one.

Aww thanks, Cathy!

It does look like there could be gss in there; that would be really pretty. I can't find a clear enough pic to get a better look, though.

Another great look, BN! I much prefer your inspired version over the original; I almost always prefer oval and drop shape pearls.

Thanks, pattye! I prefer the oval and drop shapes as well. If it's a Tahitian with colorful rings, I'm pretty forgiving of any shape lol! But otherwise it's ovals and drops.

I really love the color and balance of yours much better!

Thanks, lmgarden! I really like the soft gray and white as well. Mine is lighter irl than the pics, though not as light as LitGeek's which I prefer. This was the lightest strand of silver Tahitians that PP had at the time and there was a sale on. In other words, the time was right to get the project done. I had been wanting one like this for some time : )

Day 38:

Catherine Cardellini ripples. These are the very first ripple pearls that I purchased! They're a bit more blemished than what I'd be comfortable buying today but I still love them for their luster and overtones, which is what drew me to them back when I bought them. Really lovely lavender, pink and aqua.

The earrings are the same ones worn on day 23 with the 36" pistachio akoya rope from Hisano at little h.

I wasn't sure which color would suit these pearls best so I photographed them with both a grey sweater and pink.

Catherine Cardellini ripples

Catherine Cardellini ripples on bust

Catherine Cardellini ripples with matching earrings

Last edited by a moderator:
Back