365 Days of Pearls

Gorgeous metallic luster on the Freshwaters! Great experiment with color as well. I find these color plays so interesting and you do a great job showcasing the pearls with your selection of tops and sweaters. I have learned a lot. I really do enjoy this thread!

Oh, I'm so glad Pearly-Whites!

Day 35:

Today I wore my custom souffle pearl ring from Hisano. The pearl is 14 x 15mm, ring size is 4 1/2, and shank is 14kt yellow gold. BAS kindly helped choose this pearl in person for me.

custom souffle pearl ring from Hisano

custom souffle pearl ring from Hisano side view

custom souffle pearl ring from Hisano front view

custom souffle pearl ring from Hisano on hand

custom souffle pearl ring from Hisano side on hand

custom souffle pearl ring from Hisano on hand from top

custom souffle pearl ring from Hisano on hand at angle

Clothing colors make such a difference, and you're really giving us all a great lesson, baby nurse! What amazes me most is the difference in luster ... that's a surprise to me.

That ring is like a heavenly cloud :)

All credit for the gorgeous leaf setting belongs to John & PP. I do admit to begging for the addition of a diamond accent, but John's the one who figured out HOW :)

Newberry suggested I post good pairing and bad pairing pics as examples of how different pearls can look against different colors. I did it with today's strand and will eventually post one with Tahitians as well.

Here is today's strand...

View attachment 48446

And here is the same strand minutes later, in the same lighting, against a very unflattering color.

View attachment 48447

I've been on the verge of returning a strand more than once until I placed it against the color that made it sing and thought "Whoa. You're staying with me."

Thank you BN for posting these pictures. These are not only perfect examples of right vs wrong colors when choosing clothes to wear but also indirect vs direct sunlight too. Your tutorial is a masterclass in not only choosing exquisite pearls but how to style them. I enjoy and look forward to seeing what you post each day. Well done BN well done ;)

Love the souffle! Souffle pearls seem harder to find. I understand there are only a few producers of these amazing pearls. If anyone knows of sources, please let me know!

BN that is a stunner!!

I'm sorry everyone , my computer is broken and I have no way of getting my pics uploaded. My youngest was home with a tummy bug and spent a lot of time playing minecraft today. And now the computer won't turn on. Rather, it turns on but the screen is blank and then it shuts off again.

Hoping to be back on tomorrow!

I'm sorry everyone , my computer is broken and I have no way of getting my pics uploaded. My youngest was home with a tummy bug and spent a lot of time playing minecraft today. And now the computer won't turn on. Rather, it turns on but the screen is blank and then it shuts off again.

Oh BN, that's really annoying to have a broken computer plus a sick child. Anyway, I hope you can get your computer fixed soon and most importantly I wish a speedy recovery for your youngest child.

This could be a graphics card dysfunction. I had a similar issue a few months ago and it turned out to be the graphics card was fried. Good luck!

Baby nurse, sorry to hear your son is ill; hope he, you and the computer recover from the bug quickly :)

Back