365 Days of Pearls

I love the "study in blue" portrait!!!

And that Tahitian bracelet is gorgeous. (I have completely run out of adjectives for everyone's pearls. They're all gorgeous.)

Ooh, love that colorful Tahitian bracelet! Not to mention the whole blue collection. :)

What a beautiful and fun collection of multi color pearls to ogle all day! PP did good!! This weekend I'm putting a Tahitian bracelet together for my Dtr in law's birthday gift!

What a lovely gift!

"Down the rabbit hole"! Love it!

Lol!!!!! Thanks, Marianne ;)

Thanks, Pareltje. When my husband walked into the bathroom last night, he called out "What's up with the creepy pearl face?" And I thought "Oh... creepy, huh? I was aiming for funny. Oh well, too late to change it. It's posted."

That is a beautiful bracelet! Do you find the pearl sizes comfortable to wear?

LOL this brings a whole new meaning to "I've got the blues."

I don't wear this bracelet often because it's too big. It was my first pearl order and I had no clue what size bracelet to get so she made what I think is a standard size, 7.5". Attaching pic.

I do however have stretch bracelets in this size, also Tahitian and they're very comfortable.

I don't wear this bracelet often because it's too big. It was my first pearl order and I had no clue what size bracelet to get so she made what I think is a standard size, 7.5

Thank you for the kind words, Floridapearl, annie, Luvglitz, BWeaves, and Sea Urchin!

Last edited:
You have such a fun thread. Love the pearl art! those Tahitians are lush. Know what I do when I come to your thread and you don't have a new pictures? I start clicking backwards for more happiness!

This really warms my heart! Thank you, moneymeister:eek:

I SPY ... a blue bunny masquerading as an earring, in a study in blues! Credit for me having white baroque akoyas goes to Newberry, who said "RUN, don't walk ..." and I wondered if I really needed more white pearls lol. They were sold at the same time as the blues, so I only got one color, and I do love them. Thanks for the compliment on the earrings! I have 2 sets; both the leaf setting with diamond accent. One set is yellow gold on leverbacks. The other set is charms, in rose gold, so I can wear on my slim, small "inside out" rose gold diamond hoop earrings. I do not have a tin cup; just 2 nested strands with orbits to make a rope. However, I have a small handful of pearls left ... ? That Tahitian bracelet is a "Holy Grail" worthy piece!!! I wonder why I don't have a Tahitian bracelet lol ???

Haha!!! You have good eyes, Cathy! Lol! I looked at that akoya face and thought " Hmm... needs something. Yes. THESE for earrings!!"

I think you've explained your white baroque akoya inventory to me before Cathy and it doesn't want to stick in my brain. And NOT because those pieces aren't incredibly memorable! They're phenomenal. I believe we can credit you (and John) for the fact that that leaf setting is now part of PP regular inventory. And yes, a huge thank you to newberry who shared her strand on the forum and let others know that they were available. I wouldn't have gotten mine otherwise!

Those inside out rose gold diamond hoop earrings sound gorgeous. Where did you get those? And I'm looking forward to hearing what you eventually do with those remaining white baroque akoya pearls!

Day 34:

Catherine Cardellini Multicolor freshwater pearl rope. The rope is 39" long and pearls range from 9.1 to 10.1mm. It was originally 33 1/2" long and I asked her to add some blue/purple pearls, which lengthened it to 39".

The earrings are 10mm metallic fireball dangles and I wore them on day 24 as well. They're lovely earrings that pair nicely with a lot of different strands.

Catherine Cardellini Multicolor freshwater pearl rope

Catherine Cardellini Multicolor freshwater pearl rope - 39 long and pearls range from 9.1 to 10.1mm

atherine Cardellini Multicolor freshwater pearls

atherine Cardellini Multicolor freshwater pearl rope

The earrings are 10mm metallic fireball dangles

Catherine Cardellini Multicolor freshwater pearl rope.  The earrings are 10mm metallic fireball dangles

Catherine Cardellini Multicolor freshwater pearl rope.  The earrings are 10mm metallic fireball dangles

Newberry suggested I post good pairing and bad pairing pics as examples of how different pearls can look against different colors. I did it with today's strand and will eventually post one with Tahitians as well.

Here is today's strand...

Catherine Cardellini Multicolor freshwater pearl rope. flattering color

And here is the same strand minutes later, in the same lighting, against a very unflattering color.

Catherine Cardellini Multicolor freshwater pearl rope.  Unflattering color

I've been on the verge of returning a strand more than once until I placed it against the color that made it sing and thought "Whoa. You're staying with me."

Your Tahitian bracelet is just gorgeous. Please restring it so that you get more wear out of it. The pearls are too lovely to sit unworn.

Love the multis and those earrings are sensational! I see green and pink and gold. Beautiful!

Love the multicolor fwps, the luster wakes me up and keeps my eyes open. Good morning, BN.

The pastels are simply lovely. And what a great lesson! On the first sweater -- dreamy. On the second -- washed out and blah. And the luster looks completely different against the two backgrounds. Useful lesson!!!

Your Tahitian bracelet is just gorgeous. Please restring it so that you get more wear out of it. The pearls are too lovely to sit unworn.

Love the multis and those earrings are sensational! I see green and pink and gold. Beautiful!

I have a few pieces that need to be strung/restrung. I will definitely do this one.

The pastels are simply lovely. And what a great lesson! On the first sweater -- dreamy. On the second -- washed out and blah. And the luster looks completely different against the two backgrounds. Useful lesson!!!

Thanks, BAS! It is really interesting how a piece's personality can completely change with the right outfit. Incredible.

Love the visual of how important color can be against pearls!
And I love this strand...the addition of the blue purples really helps to bring the colors of the strand to life.

It would not be the same at all without the cool contrast of the blues.

Back