365 Days of Pearls

BAS, my little Easter Egger chicks began laying in December. The eggs are blue/green and I added 5 to this cake, because they're a bit small. So, the cake rose beautifully and was indeed moist! (Thank you Hershey and Sunny)

View attachment 48370

You well know that I'm crazy about organic free-range eggs -- especially the special ones with pastel colored shells. Frankly, I don't know if I envy your pearls more, or your abundance of these eggs...

Here's another example of pearls that do nothing for me laying on the white background, and then they just POP and look gorgeous next to your skin and sweaters. Lovely.

You well know that I'm crazy about organic free-range eggs -- especially the special ones with pastel colored shells. Frankly, I don't know if I envy your pearls more, or your abundance of these eggs...

I wish I could send you some, BAS.

Day 32:

Pearl Paradise blue baroque akoya strand and earrings. The strand is 18" long and made up of 9.5-10mm pearls. The little earring studs are from Hisano and are about 6mm.

Pearl Paradise blue baroque akoya strand

The little earring studs are from Hisano and are about 6mm

The strand is 18 long and made up of 9.5-10mm pearls

The little earring studs are from Hisano and are about 6mm

Pearl Paradise blue baroque akoya strand and earrings

Pearl Paradise blue baroque akoya strand and earrings

Absolutely lovely color with the wonderful pink and purple overtones. One of my personal favorites so far!!

You. Are. Killing. Me.

How can they be that blue and that lustrous and that gorgeous?! One of my favs. Sigh...

I did order a strand of the blue akoyas from Pearl Paradise, but they certainly weren't this beautiful deep rich color. They were sort of white with a blue overtone and were underwhelming so I sent it back. Now if they had looked like this!!!!!

From a new member: Happy Birthday, and thank you for sharing all the wonderful photos. Your pearls are AMAZING!

Wow, those are gorgeous blues!

My first strand of 10 mm blue akoyas from PP were also very pale. They actually photograph better than they look in person, which is unusual. I did not know they could be a deeper blue, so I kept them, but I rarely wear them.

My next blue akoyas from PP were the Vietnamese ones that have amazing deep blue color and rose overtones. I now have several strands of the deeper blue color from PP and I love them.

But BN's are amazing, as usual. I'm seriously jealous. They're gorgeous.

Those are just gorgeous large blue baroque akoyas, baby nurse! I went for the white ones, and love the, but those blues ... sigh ... just so lovely. And I swoon over ripples with bright colors, and GREEN ... for me, they have to have green ... probably why I don't own ripples yet lol.

Welcome Sue Bee! I chuckled so over your PG nickname ... my own sister's name is Sue, and her son is a beekeeper, and she collects bee stuff :)

Oh gawd! Those are intense blue with intense overtone akoyas. I'm not into cool colors, but they're killing me, BN. Wow!

I was walking my dog when i saw those blues and I was like woah and obviously the dog didn't get it. Love love them

Back