365 Days of Pearls

baby nurse--happy birthday!!
Love the metallics comparison photo. It still amazes me what a difference just a half mm up in size makes!

Okay, now my mouth is literally watering (as it does on occasion looking at pearl photos) because that cake looks SO moist and decadently delicious!!!

THANK YOU to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes!! I'm so touched:eek:. I had a great birthday, made even better by coming here and reading these lovely comments. MUAH to all of you!

Okay, now my mouth is literally watering (as it does on occasion looking at pearl photos) because that cake looks SO moist and decadently delicious!!!

BAS, my little Easter Egger chicks began laying in December. The eggs are blue/green and I added 5 to this cake, because they're a bit small. So, the cake rose beautifully and was indeed moist! (Thank you Hershey and Sunny)

Easter Eggs!

OMG! Those eggs are gorgeous. I thought they were the next batch of pearls until I scrolled down a little further!

Happy Birthday !!!! Hope you had a lovely day !! And with a cake like that..how could it go wrong!!

Wow ..those eggs...I thought they were like Marzipan ! How gorgeous are they !! And those oval T's .... beautiful !!!

As for the metallic pearls ... that bottom one is sooooo sharp ! Both beautiful but the bottom one's lustre is amazing ! I agree with Newberry about the shape...I think the lustre is so shiny that it makes the 'off round' shape less noticeable. I go for the luster first anyways .. stunning!

Are those "Jeremy"'s ovals, baby nurse? The real eggs are adorable. My daughter's 2 ducks lay 2 eggs every day. The eggs started out white, and rather small; now the ducks are a bit older and the eggs are LARGE, and colored much like yours. If I could keep my grandson from eating them for breakfast for a few days, I could make a duck egg cake lol.

OMG! Those eggs are gorgeous. I thought they were the next batch of pearls until I scrolled down a little further!

They are very pretty eggs. The other eggs we have are buff colored and together in a basket they look pink and blue.

Happy Birthday !!!! Hope you had a lovely day !! And with a cake like that..how could it go wrong!!

Wow ..those eggs...I thought they were like Marzipan ! How gorgeous are they !! And those oval T's .... beautiful !!!

As for the metallic pearls ... that bottom one is sooooo sharp ! Both beautiful but the bottom one's lustre is amazing ! I agree with Newberry about the shape...I think the lustre is so shiny that it makes the 'off round' shape less noticeable. I go for the luster first anyways .. stunning!

Thanks, Katbran, it was a lovely day : )

I prefer the bottom metallic strand to the top one precisely because of its luster. I do like the length of the 20" one but other than that, it doesn't appeal to me as much. It never occurred to me that the high luster might make the off round shape less noticeable. Interesting!

Are those "Jeremy"'s ovals, baby nurse? The real eggs are adorable. My daughter's 2 ducks lay 2 eggs every day. The eggs started out white, and rather small; now the ducks are a bit older and the eggs are LARGE, and colored much like yours. If I could keep my grandson from eating them for breakfast for a few days, I could make a duck egg cake lol.

Yes those are Jeremy's ovals. You have a good eye, Cathy! I've taken a lot of pictures of them and will likely share them over the next week.

I wonder if all eggs start out small and increase in size. These are gradually getting larger and the older hens started out with small eggs and theirs are big now.

I've noticed clothing online described as "duck egg" and it's a very light green/blue. I guess that's why-- the eggs are this pastel greenish blue?

Day 31:

Ripple pearl strand and earring set from Catherine Cardellini.

Ripple pearl strand from Catherine Cardellini.

Ripple pearl strand and earring set from Catherine Cardellini.

I changed sweaters because I was curious to see how the strand would look with grey and yellow. I thought it looked nice with the blue but better with the yellow. It seems to enhance the pearls' gold tones and makes the colors richer overall.

Matching earrings

Ripple pearl strand and earrings from Catherine Cardellini.

Wow BN, you really have the eyes for fabulous pearls. Those pond slime nuked pearls certainly have great rainbow overtones and they suit you well too. Oh you're a lucky person coz you can wear many things and they always suit you.

Back