365 Days of Pearls

Lol, JerseyPearl! They are showstoppers.

Day 30:

Pearl Paradise metallic white strand and freshadama studs. The strand is 18" and the pearls in it are 7-7.5mm. Studs are 9.5-10mm. Both pieces have very nice luster!

Pearl Paradise metallic white strand

The strand is 18 and the pearls in it are 7-7.5mm

The strand is 18 and the pearls in it are 7-7.5mm

The strand is 18 and the pearls in it are 7-7.5mm Pearl Paradise metallic white strand

Pearl Paradise metallic white strand and freshadama studs

Wearing Pearl Paradise metallic white strand and freshadama studs

So very, very lovely. Classic looks are classic looks for good reason.

Gorgeous. I love a classic pearl look.

Are the metallics very round, or are they off shape? Yours look very round.

Thank you, Pareltje, Katbran, kalmen, hanadama, BAS, MSC, BWeaves and Purranha!

I purchased this strand at the same time that I bought the 20" metallic white from day 14. The 20" is rounder and whiter but luster isn't as sharp. It doesn't look very white because it's on a brand new white towel. This 18" strand has strong pink overtones, is not as white as the 20" but has much sharper luster. Back in 2012 I was still very new to pearls and thought I could wear them together. The differences in color were not obvious to me at the time but I really see it now. I had now idea what to say when asked "Do you like silver overtones? Pink?" So I bought both lol!

BWeaves, it does look round on the neck but it's off round. The 20" strand is much rounder. I haven't done a lot of searching but I think it may be a challenge to find the whole package: white, sharp metallic luster, clean surface, round.

BN, They are both lovely white strands. You definitely have an eye for good pearls, and I envy your collection.

I think sometimes I'm too critical of the pearls I buy. Things like being off round don't bother me at all when I see someone else wear off round pearls, but it bugs the crap out of me when I'm holding a strand in my hand. What I've learned from buying Tahitians is that I really have to try pearls on, because pearls just metamorphose into incredible beauty when worn.

Ohhh I'm drooling at those metallic!! (Really, everything you have)

These are wonderful BN! A strand or two of the metallics is on my wish list.
Which colour is this strand?

BN, They are both lovely white strands. You definitely have an eye for good pearls, and I envy your collection.

I think sometimes I'm too critical of the pearls I buy. Things like being off round don't bother me at all when I see someone else wear off round pearls, but it bugs the crap out of me when I'm holding a strand in my hand. What I've learned from buying Tahitians is that I really have to try pearls on, because pearls just metamorphose into incredible beauty when worn.

Thank you!

I think we all like what we like regardless what our common sense may tell us. I bet some day you'll find a slightly off round strand with outstanding luster and overtones and say "Meh, I can live with the off roundness."

I agree re the transformation of Tahitians on the neck vs what you may see in pictures or even on your hand. I think the same is true for any type of pearl, really.

Thank you, Pearl Dreams and Karman!

Bailey, the one on this page is white and the one on page 37 is more cream colored. I took pics of the two today so I'll post those.

Katbran--yes! It's a complex color with many shades!

Back