365 Days of Pearls

In my experience, these tend to be surface marks on the pearl and not a stain. As pearls live in the ocean with a pH of 8.2 slightly basic, the most damaging solutions to the nacre are acidic solutions (just like teeth). A slightly basic solution of baking soda or washing soda shouldn't harm the nacre. I will have to get out my chemistry set! We have all seen the harmful effects on nacre from acidic chemicals!

Pearls reside in tissue though and aren't in contact with salt or freshwater while in situ... Dave would know what the pH of various bivalve tissues are, generally, I would think.

BN, your cherry peacock strand is beautiful. I dream about owning a strand of cherry peacocks like yours. I love your pairing with that sweater as well. How do manage such great photos? I can never photograph Tahitians and get their true colors to pop.

Thank you!

Taking the pictures is not difficult. I take mine in a room that has a lot of natural light and everything in the room is light colored (no dark floor or walls). I place the pearls on a white surface in sun and then stand between the sun and pearls so they get diffused light. If skies are gloomy I use fluorescent light and stand between it and the pearls so they are in diffused fluorescent light.

Thank you, pattye! Yes the earring is definitely prettier when worn and I do really like that bit of movement.

Thanks, hanadama-- you do as well.

Thank you, kalmen. Me too. I think the cherry is my favorite though I admit I'm a bit confused re which colors are considered peacock. I know there is cherry and aubergine but I think also green/blue?

Pareltje, I'm glad to hear it:)

Thank you for the kind words, MSC, BWeaves, and Pearly-Whites!

Day 27:

Today I wore my Catherine Cardellini freshwater keshi and drop rope, along with my keshi earrings. The rope is 41.5" long and made up of 8-10mm drops and keshi that range in size from 20mm x 23mm down to 17mm x 23mm. The keshi dangle pearls are 10-11mm. Very gloomy today so pictures taken with fluorescent lights on.

Catherine Cardellini freshwater keshi and drop rope

Catherine Cardellini freshwater keshi and drop rope

The rope is 41.5 long and made up of 8-10mm drops and keshi that range in size from 20mm x 23mm down to 17mm x 23mm

The rope is 41.5 long and made up of 8-10mm drops and keshi that range in size from 20mm x 23mm down to 17mm x 23mm

The rope is 41.5 long

The rope is 41.5 long

The keshi dangle pearls are 10-11mm

CCwhitedropnbaroque15.jpg

Today I wore my Catherine Cardellini freshwater keshi and drop rope, along with my keshi earrings.  The rope is 41.5 long and made up of 8-10mm drops and keshi that range in size from 20mm x 23mm down to 17mm x 23mm.  The keshi dangle pearls are 10-11mm.

Catherine Cardellini freshwater keshi and drop rope, along with my keshi earrings.  The rope is 41.5 long and made up of 8-10mm drops and keshi that range in size from 20mm x 23mm down to 17mm x 23mm.

I bought a necklace that had Silver Beads between the pearls and I remember asking at the time about tarnishing..I didn't get an answer and should have taken that on board lol Now I never use Silver between pearls...its a pain to clean...Cue tip and silver polish is the only way...I tried it once on that strand and then took it apart and knotted with with Gold Filled beads. That was years ago and they are still fine.

Very pretty necklace ! Looks beautiful with the sweater !

Such amazing luster on those Keishi pearls! Great look with the shirt! Very contemporary!

Love the Tahitians, especially those big drop/baroque earrings! And of course the CC strands with the big glowy baroque metallic pearls. Stunning collection!

Thank you, everyone!

Day 28:

The pendant pearl is a 15-27mm metallic freshwater souffle pearl on the harmony setting. Body color is a blend of light lavender and light green with peach/pink overtones (according to appraisal in hand:cool:) .

I wish I had more information on the earrings because they're lovely. They're metallic, approximately 9mm and dangling from a shepherd hook with a sweet little bezel-set diamond-- I'll update when I find receipts. Pics taken with natural and fluorescent lighting.

15-27mm metallic freshwaterPearl Paradise souffle pearl on the harmony setting

15-27mm metallic freshwater souffle pearl on the harmony setting from Pearl Paradise

Metallic souffle pearl with exotic colors set with a diamond

Wearing 15-27mm metallic freshwater souffle pearl on the harmony setting

15-27mm metallic freshwater souffle pearl on the harmony setting close up

Freshwater metallic drops, approximately 9mm and dangling from a shepherd hook with a sweet little bezel-set diamond

Souffle pearl pendant with metallic drop freshwater pearl earrings - Pearl Paradise

Wearing as a set

Last edited by a moderator:
So metallic, it's like a pearl photo/self portrait! Both gorgeous, but I want those earrings! ♡

That soufflé!! Argh!! I can't get over the metallic luster and gorgeous colours. It's a masterpiece. The earrings are beautiful too. I can't get enough of Metallics!

The colors on that souffle are so unique (to me) I am in love with that pearl. Looks beautiful on you (you look great in everything - the perfect pearl model).

Back