365 Days of Pearls

Waving Hi roomie KaySD :)

Hi, roomie! I was nervous heading into my first ruckus, but was blessed with a great roommate, and BN and BAS in the room next door, Cynde as my expert guide and friend, and so many other warm, welcoming people.

I hope you are bringing your reversible enhancer pendant this year -- it sounds amazing.

BN, Pkinnew's gold and white strand looks beautiful on you! It's wonderful that you have made it your own with small adjustments so it gets the wear it deserves.

Still one of the prettiest mixed strands I've ever laid eyes on. I'm glad you were able to honor Pkninnew yet make the strand something you are comfortable with. Please do know I talked to Pkninnew about your strand being at Ruckus ... and she was thrilled, delighted and so touched that you were loving one of her favorite strands.

Much appreciated Cathy—thank you!

That was the big year for Tahitians, very special Tahitians. I remember standing at the PP back door with Red in the alley helping her choose her stunning strands. Last year was the harvest south sea ropes. Every year it's something special....I wonder what it will be this year?

The countdown is on, we’ll soon find out:cool:!

Oh goodness I remember when this strand was being made. The back and forth adding and subtracting and moving around pearls. I loved it then and thought it was perfect. But you have made it even better!!!! Pkin was such a very special lady and pearl lover. Knowing that, she would be absolutely thrilled with your changes and especially because of who you are and how you feel about the pearls. Wear this with a smile on your face and know you honor her when you do.

Aww thanks, newberry! I think you’re right : )

A beautiful necklace, great length on you. The more I look at the pearls the more colour I see. You alterations made it your own while still preserving and honouring the original piece and sentiment. Will you make a little bracelet with the 4 removed pearls, wonders the creative side of me. Your new earrings from Kojima look fabulous with the necklace.

I am considering a bracelet Simply adorned! It isn’t quite enough pearls but if I combine it with some extras from the SS harvest rope, it’ll be just right.

Thank you, Jeremy, SunSeeker, Kay, 86Corvettegirl, Purranha, and 2thdktr!

Day 344:

White South Sea necklace from Pearl Paradise, freshwater and Tahitian Keshi dangles from Kojima Pearl.

D22FB359-5A7A-4EBF-B249-FAF202AA659A.jpg

C8CC9358-E636-40F4-A43B-67C0A62D1FF8.jpg

7B1C38FC-6F7B-45A7-8986-D0EF7EB418C6.jpg

91E1C021-24E6-4344-B4BA-8A2F83ADD2DC.jpg

7E81EC5C-7BD2-4AE8-9227-7F1613E3988E.jpg

I agree. BN you have a knack for making everything work together. I'm so inspired.

What a gorgeous combo, BN! I would have never thought to combine that strand and earrings, but it totally works.

No, dear Purranha ... that was a DIFFERENT drop dead rose gold color FW pearl strand, fashioned with a custom pendant by John Dwight, set with a bigger rainbow drop pearl (Cynde Newberry made me do it ;). The pendant is reversible enhancer, with a ruby on one side and an emerald on the other, to complement the different colors on the pearl. John D. is a genius. The ones BAS liked are more oval pearls, bigger, and paler pink that changes color, green highlights and sometimes almost a lavender tinge to it.

Lolol Cathy I chased you down so many times during Ruckus'16 to admire that strand!!! And yes I remember the reversible drop VERY well!!!

There's just something about WSS. They drip luxury and sophistication...

Those earrings are crazy beautiful ... and mixed with those stunning WSS ... fabulous :)

Thank you, Simply adorned, BWeaves, Kay, Purranha, Cathy and BAS!

Day 345:

Tahitian and freshwater Keshi rope, golden South Sea pendant from Kojima Pearl. Soufflé pearl and seed pearl geode earrings from little h jewelry.

2025DDDF-9492-4F32-AAAB-DC7E16FC736A.jpg

D6CEFA2D-CCC7-48C0-B0AE-E302BD9AD791.jpg

Can be worn long. Or if your neck is particularly slender...

6C2F71BE-4841-4C83-AC98-DAF4252B25FE.jpg

Tripled!

168FA59D-CAB2-4125-97E5-C8519FCA5E9B.jpg

CB6E7CCE-91D5-4AD3-B1CE-98C80C38C519.jpg

F9FCA75B-62EA-4741-AB97-1D52917DB70C.jpg

A894CF79-1CC2-433B-AA67-A21D0363072E.jpg

9E6BD79A-7C77-416D-99E5-F8BAD38A5020.jpg

Dandelion on the left is a Buff Orpington, and “Pearl” on the right is a white Leghorn.

E264E6A2-6F6B-4679-AB67-98E91EA65CBA.jpg

There's just something about WSS. They drip luxury and sophistication...

I completely agree! BN, your WSSs are stunning; they have excellent luster and a beautiful white satiny surface. ..such beauty and great pairing with your fun Kojima earrings!

Ahhhhh, those chicks are soooo cute and adorable! I can't believe you got her to stand still, wearing pearls while doing a Vogue pose for the photograph! ..also love your keshi strand and GSS pendant too! OMG such cuteness!! Are Dandelion and Pearl the ones you rescued from the Post Office at 0-dark-thirty?

Back