365 Days of Pearls

Ahhhhh, those chicks are soooo cute and adorable! I can't believe you got her to stand still, wearing pearls while doing a Vogue pose for the photograph! ..also love your keshi strand and GSS pendant too! OMG such cuteness!! Are Dandelion and Pearl the ones you rescued from the Post Office at 0-dark-thirty?

Flo is easy to photograph because she is 5 and a buff Orpington, so she’s at a more “mature “ stage of life as well as being from a chilled out breed.

Here she is on her way back to the hen house. She’s pretty sure she’ll be the envy of the coop ; )

20170521 194436

Dandelion and Pearl were not rescued from the post office! We picked them up from the local agricultural store.

Pearl Dreams and Katbran— yes, a grande dame with attitude! She and a few other seasoned hens give the chicks side eye and you can imagine them shaking their heads at the little ones’ inexperience and playfulness.

Pictures of the babies sleeping.

Dandelion’s rump to the far left (light yellow), Pearl (very pale yellow) in the center, Fanta (brown) on the right.
240E3DD4-6018-4670-BCC3-C8344EB7C06E.jpg

The chicks like to snuggle when they sleep. Pearl (very pale yellow) in the center with Fanta (brown) laying across her.
794CA874-A4B1-494F-A6E7-2377011A0755.jpg

Dandelion (light yellow) left, Fanta (brown) middle, Pearl (very pale yellow) to the far right.
B5A63FB9-296A-416B-82B9-2F4D9AB6A1F7.jpg

OMG! CUTENESS OVERLOAD.

For some reason, I thought hens slept on their perches, but maybe that's when they get older? I have no clue. I didn't know they just lay down and snuggled, although that makes sense if they were in a nest.

You’re right, they do sleep on perches! When they’re very little like this they sleep close together on the ground for warmth and comfort. And normally they’d be underneath a mother hen. By the time they’re 4 weeks old, a lot of them will tuck their heads into their wings like adult hens and I suspect if I had something for them to perch on, they’d do that too.

Thank you SunSeeker, Katbran, BWeaves, and Pearl Dreams!

Day 346:

Blue baroque akoya studs from Hisano of little h, blue baroque akoya necklace from Pearl Paradise. The silver blue akoya Keshi necklace is new to me, purchased preloved from Bailey 1856. I’m excited about this strand because it’s so delicate and will layer nicely with other pieces:eek:. I get a ton of wear out of the golden one I have like this from Kojima Pearl.

4D378238-8D13-45C1-A946-E5C92B1FA7F4.jpg

18612BEB-A917-4A7F-B8BC-B409F973513C.jpg

DADEB47D-CD9C-47E0-9522-4EBA93C230F1.jpg

A20D3636-BDBE-4C4F-8C9E-5BE1D9EBF690.jpg

B9634B71-0F7A-4B49-9344-E0B588D65F6F.jpg

458401A9-2CB4-4CD7-95F4-507B40977798.jpg

Thank you SunSeeker, Katbran, BWeaves, and Pearl Dreams!

Day 346:

Blue baroque akoya studs from Hisano of little h, blue baroque akoya necklace from Pearl Paradise. The silver blue akoya Keshi necklace is new to me, purchased preloved from Bailey 1856. I’m excited about this strand because it’s so delicate and will layer nicely with other pieces:eek:. I get a ton of wear out of the golden one I have like this from Kojima Pearl.

View attachment 60616

View attachment 60617

View attachment 60618

View attachment 60619

View attachment 60620

View attachment 60621

Oh, Be still my heart!!! I love the layered look of the little keshi with the blue strand!!! I've been looking at the blue akoya strands but can't decide between 18" or 22". What length is yours? They are so beautiful!

Last edited:
Very pretty Baby Nurse! I love those little keshi :) I think??? I remember Caitlyn wearing a long rope that looked much like it at the 2014 Ruckus.

BN that combination of pearls is just gorgeous, and they nest so beautifully together . I am a real animal lover and enjoy your posts about your chicks and hens. Thank you for the pictures and sharing.

BN I for one am protesting that you are on Day 346 and this thread will end soon...Here's what I think you should and I hope will do... how about going backwards from Day 365 :) Then I could enjoy this wonderful feast for the eyes for 730 days. So how about it???? Pretty please???? Have I convinced you yet? ;) fingers crossed here!!!!

Oh, I think we'd all be happy to have Baby Nurse just repeat all these posts again ... or until ... new pearls LOL ;)

I'm all for BN continuing to post pearl pics in a descending order going back to 1 day!!! Please keep the pics coming of your beautiful pearls!!

OMG! These chick/ rooster? photos are SO making my world better! Can they come to the Ruckus? Puhhhllleeeaaase! Thank you Baby Nurse!

LOL I'd be happy with just chicken photos! :)

Interspersed with new pearl acquisitions, of course.

Back