365 Days of Pearls

I was not much of a ring tahitian person but you are changing my mind. Gorgeous.

I love both, kalmen, the smooth and the ringed Tahitians. The ringed ones often have bands of color in them which makes them gorgeous to look at.

I love the lustre and unique color and texture on this strand. As much as I love your round, matched strands (easter eggs!), there is something so organic about baroque tahitians. <3

Agreed, moneymeister! Smooth symmetrical pearls as well as the baroques are very pleasing. I also really like some freeform baroques. There are some gorgeous Tahitian and South Ses ones out there.

Oh wow these pearls are gorgeous. I love circled pearls, the colours on these are crazy!

Thank you! I gasped when I opened the box and saw these. I'd never seen circled pearls before and only had my smooth silver/green strand at the time. Circled Ts are full of personality.

Absolutely stunning tahitians. And the ripples are to die for!!!!

I do love these pearls!

Do you think that there is a color palette of pearls that goes with hair color and skin tone? Your dark hair is fabulous with Tahitians for example. I am thinking of how people have their colors done. I would love some opinions on this as I often struggle with pastels and wonder about yellows in GSS pearls.

Fascinating question! Can you start a thread on this?

Yes, I think there's a color palette of pearls that goes with skin and hair. I think many people go with the clothing colors that suit them best? You might find it very helpful to get your colors done to figure out which "season" you are. There's also a lot of interesting information online about this, i.e. skin/hair/eye color and the corresponding "season" color palette.

Many people feel strongly about the overtone of white pearl they can wear. Some like a very white pearl with silver overtones and others like pink or cream because they find it suits their complexions best. Finding the right shade of Golden South Sea Pearl can be very tricky; I really struggled with this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 20:

Pearl Paradise ringed Tahitians and Burmese white South Sea studs. I bought the strand during a Mother's Day sale a few years ago and the studs during the summer of 2015.

OMG OMG OMG (scrapes jaw off ground) Those Tahitians are my absolute favorites so far. That color! That luster! I didn't even notice which sweater you were wearing. WOWZA!

I love the studs, too. What mm size are the studs?

It would never have occurred to me to mix SS earrings with Tahitian necklace, but it looks like a fantastic combination.

Thank you, suchi, BAS, BWeaves and Sea Urchin!

BWeaves, the Burmese wss studs are 10-11mm.

Day 21:

Today I wore my Pearl Paradise white South Sea pendant and Burmese white South Sea studs. The pendant pearl is a 13-14mm ringed baroque, set on the Harmony setting. I bought it during a monthly special in 2013. The earrings are the 10-11mm Burmese white South Sea studs I purchased from PP the summer of 2015.

Pearl Paradise white South Sea pendant and Burmese white South Sea studs

White south sea pendant

Close up white south sea pendant

Pearl Paradise Burmese studs with pendant

Last edited:
I love the classic simplicity and elegance of this pairing!!!

I'm soooo glad that a year has 365 days. Love this thread!!! BN you have exquisite taste in pearls ;)

I remember being shown those Burmese pearls. I remember saying I didn't need those. I remember being an idiot lol. I remember my friend being smarter than me :) Classic and incredibly lovely, Baby Nurse!

Back