365 Days of Pearls

I'm not a ripple pearl girl, but I love them on everyone else. Those look gorgeous with the sweater.

BWeaves, I wasn't either, until I got some...my favorites are the baby ripples from PP that were a special a couple of years back. I bought two strands, 16" and 18" and wear them whenever I'm in a white pearl mood. They are also wonderful to layer with baroque Tahitians. The black/white combo with tons of overtone.

Trulyviolet, I think your perspective is one of an artist and I'm in complete agreement. The blemishes add texture to the strand.

i guess you're right about that..i know stuff i paint doesn't seem real or have personality until i put in the blemishes and imperfections
*and also why i am having such a hard time finding a strand for my curator, she likes round and i seem to lean to texture

wow....... boy look at all i missed (i finished that painting and am on to the next, my reward was popping in here)
every thing you've posted is amazing...... totally amazing
i have envy....... sniff extreme envy

It's a wonderful combination, BN. And you picked the right sweater color to complement the pearls. Now I feel like buying more sweaters, one for every strand of necklace I have LOL.

Finding the right sweater to complement your pearls is like discovering the best picture frame for a favorite print : )

Those are wonderful! I love the way you match the pearls so well with your tops, too.

Love ripples. Your HG (can't wait to see that again) set off my desire for 1 too. Mine is more pink, white and some dark. But truly HG are outstanding. I just wore it the other day and it got so much attention.
I do love ripples. It's so interesting and funky as well.

Love ripples. Your HG (can't wait to see that again) set off my desire for 1 too. Mine is more pink, white and some dark. But truly HG are outstanding. I just wore it the other day and it got so much attention.
I do love ripples. It's so interesting and funky as well.

Each one is so unique, isn't it, and they are a lot of fun to wear! I'm glad you're enjoying yours : )

Those are wonderful! I love the way you match the pearls so well with your tops, too.

Thank you!

I had never worn this with lavender before and was floored when I saw the colors it brought out in it. This is one of those strands that is lovely but I'd all but forgotten about it in favor of newer pieces. Getting a good look at them with the right colored outfits makes a world of difference.

Day 20:

Pearl Paradise ringed Tahitians and Burmese white South Sea studs. I bought the strand during a 2013 Mother's Day sale and the studs during the summer of 2015. The Tahitians are 9.9 to 12mm and the wss studs 10 to 11mm.

Pearl Paradise ringed Tahitians

Pearl Paradise ringed Tahitians close up

colorful ringed tahitian pearl strand

Pearl Paradise circled baroque Tahitian necklace

Ringed Tahitian with Burmese white south sea studs

I was not much of a ring tahitian person but you are changing my mind. Gorgeous.

I love the lustre and unique color and texture on this strand. As much as I love your round, matched strands (easter eggs!), there is something so organic about baroque tahitians. <3

Oh wow these pearls are gorgeous. I love circled pearls, the colours on these are crazy!

Last edited:
BN I love your circle Tahitians. The colors pop nicely in your pictures. And I love your lacy pink blouse too.

I do love these pearls!

Do you think that there is a color palette of pearls that goes with hair color and skin tone? Your dark hair is fabulous with Tahitians for example. I am thinking of how people have their colors done. I would love some opinions on this as I often struggle with pastels and wonder about yellows in GSS pearls.

I do love these pearls!

Do you think that there is a color palette of pearls that goes with hair color and skin tone? Your dark hair is fabulous with Tahitians for example. I am thinking of how people have their colors done. I would love some opinions on this as I often struggle with pastels and wonder about yellows in GSS pearls.

Great question. That would be a great thread. I would see a tan summery blond as a natural golden ss person.
Personally I have dark ashy hair and pale skin - a "winter" and think Tahitians are a good fit and balance contrast.

Back