365 Days of Pearls

They're all beautiful, BN! I love how each one has a slightly different character. And the way you're so good at pairing pearls with your outfits, I'm sure you can bring out different colors from each strand.

Also, I just want to roll around in the ripples. Is that weird?

Lol!! No, I completely get it!

Day 248:

A few years back, Pearl Paradise had a special on white baroque akoya. I bought these two strands and had one shortened so that I'd have the option of wearing one shorter strand or the two nested together.

The earrings are metallic white freshwaters, also from Pearl Paradise.

These pieces are among my favorites-- really versatile and lovely!

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3789.jpg

blue1

bluemountain

It's just sick how much more I love baroque akoyas over round akoyas. You look so fab in these, BN!!

Mikis were our top line when I worked in Nordstrom Fine Jewelry. Sold lots of rounds, but when I saw my first baroques, a special order for the dept manager, oh wow! Never bought either, though I won some earrings.

BN, excellent idea making one shorter than the other! I have used this technique myself and it adds so much versatility. Your akoyas look lovely on you! The baroque shape makes a formal-look, look a bit friendier, if that makes any sense.

I also regret not buying the white baroque akoyas, but I had not seen them in person back then. BN's are just gorgeous. And I LOVE that they nest.

Stunning, BN! Wow, the luster is gorgeous.

Ah, Pearl Sister :) My own 2 nested baroque akoyas are a favorite of mine too! Only difference is we used orbit clasps because they're easier for me to open or connect as a rope. The luster on that batch was incredible, and the soap bubble orient ... amazing. That deep wine grape plum burgundy ??? sweater looks exquisite with those pearls!!!

I never tire of seeing your baroque akoya, both the white and blue. Gorgeous!

The burgundy sweater makes the sharp luster of the baroque akoyas even sharper. I really love this combo. Thanks to you now I see what soap bubble effect is all about - never seen it IRL because I only have one strand of white round AA akoyas.

Last edited:
Wow the luster contrasted with the color of your sweater is so striking, BN! Just gorgeous. I feel like I'm running out of superlatives!
J.

P.S. BN, did you notice that Boden has some new cashmere sweaters and they're not S, M, L sizes but actual numbered sizes again? Maybe my 107 complaint e-mails finally got noticed.

Thank you, Katbran, pattye, JerseyPearl, SunSeeker, BWeaves, battah, Cathy, Sanippy, Pareltje, Fidgetnator, and BWeaves!

P.S. BN, did you notice that Boden has some new cashmere sweaters and they're not S, M, L sizes but actual numbered sizes again? Maybe my 107 complaint e-mails finally got noticed.

I did notice a couple of days ago! I think it's just the cardigans? Still, I was surprised and pleased to see it!

Good for you for complaining-- I was plenty annoyed and meant to contact them but didn't. I dunno, I've had a few interactions with customer service where I felt that I was banging my head against a wall.. I do still buy from them, just not nearly as much as before.

A recent happy purchase: grey long sleeve tee with silver deer all over it, perfect for the holidays and looks great with my wss. I'll take pics with it in a couple of days!

Day 249:

Lots of layers today: diamond shaped coin pearls and tiny white freshwater pearls necklace from Catherine Cardellini, pistachio akoya rope hooked on to blue baroque akoya necklace from Hisano of little h Jewelry, 50" lavender ripple rope from Catherine Cardellini, white South Sea drop from Golay on tiny lavender freshwater rope from Mikeyy's suitcase, and lavender studs from Pearl Paradise.

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

Back