365 Days of Pearls

OK, the chicken sock story made me snort laugh out loud. Thank you. I needed a good laugh today.

And those metallics. Wow! Those are super metallic. I'm still kicking myself that I sent back Sheri's Screamers. hahahaha.

Chicken socks. Laughing here and had to show hubby the pictures.

Stunning pendant and earrings today.

That pendant is really beautiful! I mean, all your pearls are winners, but I have never seen that pendant and the layout is really appealing, not to mention the screaming luster and awesome color! And how cute... a chicken with booties. :)

Chicken sock... I fell from the chair laughing. It should win a photography competition. Great metallic drops.

omg that is so cute !! And her baby picture ! Next thing you know it will be prom time and we'll have a photo of her standing in the coop doorway with her beau! ( wearing pearls no doubt) I love the sock story ! That is just too darn funny - and I love the photos of the sock with the three holes cut out. I hope she's doing better ... this has gone on awhile now hasn't it.

Got so caught in Hilda’s photos that I forgot about your gorgeous pearls !! And they are truly beautiful! What size is the pendant pearl ?

Last edited:
Hi BN! Love the metallics and the Kojima pairing from yesterday! And love the then-and-now pics of Hilda, but the sock story is the best! I hope her injury is healing well.

BN your pearls are amazing (WOW that metallic pendant is to die for!) but seriously, Hilda is the star of this thread! We need an update, how did she tolerate the sock? Did she leave it on? Inquiring minds must know!

I find it amazing you can remember where you purchased each piece! I am so inspired by your posts! Your collection is incredible.

omg that is so cute !! And her baby picture ! Next thing you know it will be prom time and we'll have a photo of her standing in the coop doorway with her beau! ( wearing pearls no doubt) I love the sock story ! That is just too darn funny - and I love the photos of the sock with the three holes cut out. I hope she's doing better ... this has gone on awhile now hasn't it.

Got so caught in Hilda’s photos that I forgot about your gorgeous pearls !! And they are truly beautiful! What size is the pendant pearl ?

The pendant pearl is quite small, Katbran. It's about 8.5mm.

BN your pearls are amazing (WOW that metallic pendant is to die for!) but seriously, Hilda is the star of this thread! We need an update, how did she tolerate the sock? Did she leave it on? Inquiring minds must know!

Battah, I thought the sock would last no more than 10 minutes. I was shocked when it was midday and the thing was still in place! It gets changed twice a day and I secure it (really well) with tape the vet sent us home with.

The foot itself is taking a long time to heal. Chickens have poor foot circulation so treating foot ailments can be challenging: (

Okay, from now on you are Chicken Nurse to me ... who else would brave WALMART to buy tiny socks for a chicken!?! Our hero and dear friend :) ❤️❤️❤️

I remembe having my finger on the BUY button on that pendant ... so beautiful; I'm so happy it belongs to you!

Thank you, my friend : )

Thank you, Pearl Dreams, Cathy, BWeaves, Red, amti, Pareltje, Katbran, SunSeeker, battah, and TXPearlLV!

Day 213:

White South Sea necklace and akoya studs from Pearl Paradise.

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

Love the T-shirt, hehehehe. Those pearls are amazing.

Haha!! Look familiar? It's a great T-shirt but the shoulders are too narrow for me so it's going back. I tried the next size up and it was too loose all over. Love the colors in it though.

Day 214:

Graduated metallic lavender strand hooked onto pistachio akoya rope.

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

I took a few pictures just with the graduated lavender because I liked the look.

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

Again, two strands that I would never put together and they look amazing together.

Back