365 Days of Pearls

The Master at work. What a delicious combination ... those gorgeous pearls all artfully combined with that lovely lovely dress ... thanks for the visual treat, Baby Nurse! Kind of like a triple gelato in Venice, without the calories ;)

Thank you, Cathy! Full disclosure: it took me 3 hours to put those pictures together. Wrong outfit + right pearls, right outfit + wrong pearls (wash, rinse, and repeat), followed by an hour and half of deleting pics from my camera to make room for new ones. Still, I was pleased with the results and delighted in wearing the pearls ; )

Glowing pearls and imaginative layering. I’m amazed the clasps were all able to connect. I’ve bought two strands from the same seller at he same time, and often found the clasps won’t play nice with each other, and I can’t connect them together to form a rope.

I've had this same experience, Luvglitz! I lucked out with these clasps.

Whoaaa one of the most beautiful combo I saw this morning. I also love your summery blouse (or is it a dress?)

It is a blouse, Pareltje. I had taken a picture of the bottom half in addition to the top half because my arms weren't long enough to get the full view, but didn't post it because it didn't seem interesting enough. Here it is.

IMG_3182.jpg

Aside from the way too gorgeous pearls themselves, I've really enjoyed seeing BabyNurse's style evolve over time. Loving all the various combos and layerings!!! LUV LUV LUV!!!

Thank you! It was your layering and a few others who inspired me to move in that direction!

Thank you, Cathy, Pareltje, Katbran, BWeaves, battah, Fidgetnator, Luvglitz, 2thdktr, and Sanippy for the kind words. What a treat to come here and read your responses!

Oh goodness I missed the beach photos! love the pearls, but even more, I love the commentary LOL. Forgetting swimsuits is the kind of thing I do too (Or towels - last week I forgot to bring along a towel to my daughter's swim class, so guess who had to buy an overpriced one from the school gift shop??). And the pastries lol. I hope you ate them at the beach so you could just dunk the kids in the water after they finished!

Balm for my soul, battah!! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one lol! I knew I wasn't but it's still good to hear it : ). And I did the same thing; I walked to a store that was minutes from the ocean, hoping to find a bathing suit his size, ready to fork out $$. They didn't have any which was just as well.

Day 208:

I decided to only wear earrings so I reached for my Kojima Tahitian dangles with the little tourmaline briolettes. Feeling kind of bare, I added a tiny white akoya stud and took today's picture ( I only photograph the one ear). When I looked for the mate to the tiny akoya stud, I couldn't find it. Wah-- I'm pretty sure it's lost! I hate losing pearls. So. Removed the lone akoya stud and added necklace and bracelet : )

The necklace is the same one I've worn the last few weeks: Mikeyy's tiny lavenders with Chubster the white South Sea drop from Golay. The bracelet is a multicolor baroque Tahitian stretch bracelet from Pearl Paradise.

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

These choices just make me feel happy. Because I am thinking that you chose these pretties to wear because they make you happy. I adore Chubster.

Beautiful pearls worn by a beautiful woman. They go well with your pink sweater too.
Oh it was a blouse. It's a cheerful flowery blouse, BN, perfect for warm days. How I miss warm summer days!

Beautiful combinations, BN, and so lovely on you! I love the summery look with floral blouse and the little lavendars and Tahitian bracelet with the pretty pink top. You are a master at layering!

These choices just make me feel happy. Because I am thinking that you chose these pretties to wear because they make you happy. I adore Chubster.

Really sweet and kind of you to notice this, Red.

Thank you, JerseyPearl, Pareltje, Katbran, and SunSeeker!

Day 209:

Lavender ripples from Catherine Cardellini and small lavender fireball dangles earrings originally belonged to BAS who graciously sold them to me.

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

Two thumbs up! Lovely combo. Didn't you lose one of those devils and retrace your steps for miles to find it?!

I have always loved those earrings for the cute peaks at the top. Good pearls and good friends! :)

Two thumbs up! Lovely combo. Didn't you lose one of those devils and retrace your steps for miles to find it?!

Yes!! I'd lost it on a walk with a friend. I retraced my steps, my eyes *glued* to the ground and found it a mile from my home, in a dirty puddle on the sidewalk. When I saw it, I just stood there and stared and thought "this can't be happening". After the frenzied search, I felt like I was in a miraculous twilight zone. It was the best feeling in the world.

I was impressed then, and remain impressed now, since I myself have lost pearls and it hurts. It hurts real real bad...

Back