365 Days of Pearls

Thank you, BAS, GemGeek, and Katbran!

Day 210:

Pastel shades of gold today. Freshwater Keshi rope from Pearl Paradise and freshwater dangles. I have two pairs of these earrings, ones that are more lavender and these which are more gold with green overtone.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3202.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.1 KB ID:	378354

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3205.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	378355

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3204.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	378356

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3207.jpg Views:	1 Size:	166.0 KB ID:	378357

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3208.jpg Views:	1 Size:	186.6 KB ID:	378358

Sometimes I like to tuck a strand in and enjoy seeing the bits that peek out. Less is more ; )

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3209.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.9 KB ID:	378359

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3210.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.6 KB ID:	378360

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3213.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	378361

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3214.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	378362

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3206.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	378363

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen a strand of FW keshi with that coloring ... what was it called? So much gold! Gorgeous :)

Hmm, maybe it's the fluorescent lighting I took the pictures in? I'll take a picture in natural light tomorrow. They are quite gold with lavender and peach, a bit of cream. Very metallic.

CathyK, I think PP just called them metallic multicolor Keshi. They sold them a few years ago during the Black Friday sale when they had all those loose soufflés and soufflé pendants for sale. They had quite a few of these Keshi ropes but they sold out within 3-4 hours.

I have some other Keshi necklaces but this one has the nicest shapes and luster.

a) I was JUST thinking of wearing that strand myself. I haven't worn it forever.

b) TUCKING IT IN?! Since when have you been doing that, to expose just a tease around the collar...?

I've never seen keshi like that, either. Gorgeous. I always think I don't like keshi until I see someone else wear a strand, and then I wonder what I was thinking. Except, the strands of keshi I've been sent were always dull and lifeless, which BN's strand is definitely NOT.

Day 211:

Tahitian Keshi and iolite necklace and Tahitian/tourmaline dangles from Kojima Pearl.

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

I like how you pair clothes with your pearl pieces baby nurse! What a lovely delicate iolite stand as well))

BWeaves, I agree that most fw keshis look pretty lifeless to me.. but when it comes to metallic luster - those are like fires! Love bn's keshis))

Love love love these combos, BN! That golden keshi strand is just so gorgeous. And I adore the tourmaline Kojima earrings - beautiful.

I just love that keshi necklace - it's delicate and powerful at the same time.

BabyNurse, this is nuts, but look at what I just came across???? Hilda's baby picture!!!!!!
I was doing a search on PG for some ooooold tutorials I posted on how to connect tassels for some non-PG girlfriends.
And this post randomly came up - has Hilda really grown so much??? Haha this totally brought a huge smile to my face!!!
I think we should do a then and now photo retake!!!

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 1.03.01 PM.jpg

BabyNurse, this is nuts, but look at what I just came across???? Hilda's baby picture!!!!!!
I was doing a search on PG for some ooooold tutorials I posted on how to connect tassels for some non-PG girlfriends.
And this post randomly came up - has Hilda really grown so much??? Haha this totally brought a huge smile to my face!!!
I think we should do a then and now photo retake!!!

View attachment 55685

Purranha I LOVE this picture!! She was the softest, most adorable little ball of fluff and she's my favorite hen :eek:. I've had to bring her to the vet several times these last few weeks for foot issues and the vets marvel over how relaxed and content she is.

Then and now pics-- yes!! I love to see baby pictures of people's pets compared to how they look now! Here is a recent one of Hilda : )

IMG_3242.jpg

And since we're on the topic of Hilda... I brought her to the vet a week ago for some ongoing foot issues. Amongst other things the vet wanted me to cover the affected foot with a bandage, a bootie, a sock. "Something". So I went to Walmart and found these.

IMG_3239.jpg

When I was in line at the checkout, the cashier ran everything through and then held up the little socks. "Awww, these are SO cute!!" He was so enthusiastic that he showed them to the people ahead of me who hadn't moved on with their bags yet. I wondered if I should just let them enjoy the socks. Me: "Yeah. They're for my chicken." **silence**. I think there would have been more common ground had they been for a dog or cat lol.

Last edited:
Okay, from now on you are Chicken Nurse to me ... who else would brave WALMART to buy tiny socks for a chicken!?! Our hero and dear friend :) ❤️❤️❤️

I remembe having my finger on the BUY button on that pendant ... so beautiful; I'm so happy it belongs to you!

Back