365 Days of Pearls

I wander around dressing rooms and sales racks muttering "doesn't go with any pearls, NOPE" ... sales clerks think I'm nuts. Walter lurks, watching to see if I put it back (he hopes) ... or I love it and buy it ... and he shivers in the knowledge I'll be going looking for new pearls to go with ... LOL.

LOL this is exactly what I do.

Thanks, Luvglitz! I move from one top to the next, pearls in hand to find the best match. Something I'm sure everyone does lol!

BN I don't think everyone knows to do this because of all the posts about the pearls that aren't showing their overtones. Then the pearls get sent back instead of changing the outfit color. As you and I both know a beautiful Tahitian strand can go dark and look blaw when worn with the wrong outfit color. Just an idea but maybe once in awhile you could do a wrong choice verses a good choice then a perfect choice that makes them pop picture.

Love your pearls and sweater combinations. You have the eye for pairing them ;)

Hmm I really should experiment more with different colours! All my tops are black, white or grey...

Ha, ha. Most days I do the opposite, selecting my sweater, then the pearls. The colors of your tops are a completely different color palette than mine, but look amazing with your pearls. Proving once again that you were born to wear these gorgeous pearls.

Lovely pearls.

I usually do what you do, Red. Choose the outfit and then the pearls. I'm just doing it pearls first followed by top because of the thread. The only other time I start pearls first is if I've just made a pearl purchase and have to wear them that day : )

I usually do what you do, Red. Choose the outfit and then the pearls. I'm just doing it pearls first followed by top because of the thread. The only other time I start pearls first is if I've just made a pearl purchase and have to wear them that day : )

Yes, there have been times when I see some photos on P-G, say some gorgeous Goldens, then I decide I "need" to wear my Goldens, and out come the pearls, and then the tops.

I am amazed at how diverse your pearl collection is BN! You pull off the different styles so well!

Lol, yes! i think I have most pearl categories covered. I'm more selective in my purchases these days though and don't buy nearly as often.

Goodness gracious me!
What a marvellous thread, where/how do I even begin to comment on each and every pearly beauty?
Thank you Baby Nurse for sharing your pearly treasures, they are all beautiful and suit you so well.
As many have commented before, just love the way your outfits change the pearls and vice versa.
Chameleons!

Thank you Happy Huku! It's genuinely a pleasure for me to share :eek:

Your sweaters are killing me. I love the birds! And the green one is my kind of color. It's really true about how the clothing accents the pearls.

The birds are so cool. It also came in grey (terriers) and red (English royal guards). I buy from Boden because there aren't many good stores nearby and I tend to do a lot of shopping online.

Golden-Pondslime Off Rounds With Pondslime Metallic Squares Freshwater Pearl Necklace with Bird Sweater

I wander around dressing rooms and sales racks muttering "doesn't go with any pearls, NOPE" ... sales clerks think I'm nuts. Walter lurks, watching to see if I put it back (he hopes) ... or I love it and buy it ... and he shivers in the knowledge I'll be going looking for new pearls to go with ... LOL.

Cathy, you completely crack me up!

BN I don't think everyone knows to do this because of all the posts about the pearls that aren't showing their overtones. Then the pearls get sent back instead of changing the outfit color. As you and I both know a beautiful Tahitian strand can go dark and look blaw when worn with the wrong outfit color. Just an idea but maybe once in awhile you could do a wrong choice verses a good choice then a perfect choice that makes them pop picture.

Love your pearls and sweater combinations. You have the eye for pairing them ;)

Newberry, great idea!! I will try this.

Yes, there have been times when I see some photos on P-G, say some gorgeous Goldens, then I decide I "need" to wear my Goldens, and out come the pearls, and then the tops.

Haha! Yes, exactly.

Day 14:

This is a 20" strand of 7.5-8mm metallic white freshwater pearls I purchased from Pearl Paradise about 4 years ago. I asked that they be lengthened from 18" to 20" so that I could enjoy looking down and seeing them.

7.5-8 mm metallic white freshwater pearls from Pearl Paradise.jpg

20 strand of metallic white freshwater pearls I purchased from Pearl Paradise

Wearing my 7.5-8 mm white metallic freshwater strand from Pearl Paradise

Last edited:
The strip of white at the wrists and along the hem look really nice with this strand.

Wearing Wearing my 7.5-8 mm white metallic freshwater strand

I am a sucker for metallic pearls! Yours are gorgeous, so lustrous! How do they compare to your screamers?

This strand is amazing! It almost has a light golden lit from within look in some of your photos!

Loveee the way you pair the pearls and the blouse

I'm making a particular effort for the thread but I tend to do the same on a regular day. My house doesn't have to be spotless but the pearls and sweater better match!

I am a sucker for metallic pearls! Yours are gorgeous, so lustrous! How do they compare to your screamers?

Me. Too. I adore metallic pearls.

The screamers... scream. So yeah, side by side they are noticeably shinier.

Back