365 Days of Pearls

I am enjoying this thread so much. I'm glad to see the original akoyas getting out and about. The peach ripples with the turquoise top - heaven! And those cherry Tahitians, sigh! Thanks for sharing the pearl-nography!

Snort-- pearl-nography!! Is it too late to change the thread title from "365 days of pearls" to "Pearl-nography" ? Or, "A year of Pearl-nography"?

Day 13:

Today I wore my strand of Catherine Cardellini pondslime off rounds and metallic squares. The off-rounds range in size from 7 to 8mm and the squares are roughly 15 to 17mm square and 4mm thick. The first three pictures are Catherine's from her website www.catherinecardellini.com.

Golden- Pondslime Off Rounds With Pondslime Metallic Squares Freshwater Pearl Necklace - Catherine Cardellini

Golden-Pondslime Off Rounds With Pondslime Metallic Squares Freshwater Pearl Necklace

Golden-Pondslime Off Rounds With Pondslime Metallic Squares Freshwater Pearl Necklace - Catherine Cardellini

Oh, wow! Also love how your clothing colors accent the pearls and vice versa.

Thanks, Luvglitz! I move from one top to the next, pearls in hand to find the best match. Something I'm sure everyone does lol!

Swoon... I love the iridescent. You wear your pearls very well, BN.

Thanks, Luvglitz! I move from one top to the next, pearls in hand to find the best match. Something I'm sure everyone does lol!

Ha, ha. Most days I do the opposite, selecting my sweater, then the pearls. The colors of your tops are a completely different color palette than mine, but look amazing with your pearls. Proving once again that you were born to wear these gorgeous pearls.

Lovely pearls.

I am amazed at how diverse your pearl collection is BN! You pull off the different styles so well!

Goodness gracious me!
What a marvellous thread, where/how do I even begin to comment on each and every pearly beauty?
Thank you Baby Nurse for sharing your pearly treasures, they are all beautiful and suit you so well.
As many have commented before, just love the way your outfits change the pearls and vice versa.
Chameleons!

Your sweaters are killing me. I love the birds! And the green one is my kind of color. It's really true about how the clothing accents the pearls.

Nice luster on those big squares !

Thanks, Katbran. One of the things that drew me to this strand was the contrast between the matte luster of the off rounds and glossy iridescence of the squares.

Oh, those little bitty birds ... pearls look wonderful with them too :)

Baby Nurse looks great in every color of the rainbow!

I have seen some really awful soufflé pearls in stores. However younecklace is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

I wander around dressing rooms and sales racks muttering "doesn't go with any pearls, NOPE" ... sales clerks think I'm nuts. Walter lurks, watching to see if I put it back (he hopes) ... or I love it and buy it ... and he shivers in the knowledge I'll be going looking for new pearls to go with ... LOL.

Hahaha, Cathy. That's my criteria for buying tops and dresses anymore. Does it go with pearls?

Everday, I reach for black pants or jeans and usually a black top. Very funerally. Then I choose pearls. Needless to say, black does not show off the pearls. I need to do what you do, and choose the pearls first.

Back