365 Days of Pearls

That blue and gold together are stunning- great idea! BN, thank you for posting the quill feathers and the info that they will become full feathers-- I never knew that and have never seen it. It was great to see and learn that!

Thank you, BWeaves, battah, Cathy, BAS, Katbran, JerseyPearl, Floridapearl, 2thdktr!

Day 203:

Today I chaperoned my son's field trip to a local farm so I kept things simple with a sweatshirt... and pearls, of course! Tiny blue baroque akoya necklace and studs from Hisano of little h Jewelry.

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

I'm in love with all your blue pearls.... and my favorite is Chubster.... Chubster is by far the stud of blue drops!

The little blue Vietnamese akoyas are intense. For once, I'm not jealous. I have a rope of these, and I love them.

Hey Ericw, the blue colors are all natural!

BabyNurse, you know I am dying over your blue akoyas and always tell PP on their buying trips to look for blue akoyas and I'll only accept ones as blue as yours. Lol after many buying trips, still no dice!

BTW, I am a bit curious about your silvery blue tahitians and the blue akoyas. Can you kindly entertain us and take some side by side comparison photos??? Thank you! :eek:

Yes, they are big and look best with a very simple top I think.

You know, I like them on me but at the 2016 Ruckus, Kay tried them on and they looked amazing on her! She's quite a bit taller than I am and I was shocked at how good they looked around her neck. Not sayin' that I want to part with these... just thinking out loud:cool:

Ha Ha, let me know if you decide you do want to part with them. (Big girls need big pearls.;)) I had such fun trying on a few of your stunning necklaces at the 2016 Ruckus.

I adore Chubster, and the tiny lavender freshwater rope from Mikeyy really brings out the lovely pink/lavender overtones on Chubster. I love the photo of Hilda wearing mom's pearls. I'm glad to hear she is recovering nicely.

I love your blue and gold combo on day 202. You had me running to try my GSS strand with my dark blue Tahitians and blue baroque akoyas.

Ericw: The blue color in akoyas is different from the other sorts of naturally colored pearls, where the peach, mauve, pink or gold color is in the nacre. In blue pearls, the nucleus may have a dark color due to impurities, and when that shows through thick nacre, it appears blue. If the nacre is thin, then the dark color may appear brown.

I have recently become very fond of these little blue pearls...I'm working on a special project for someone and I just had to have more!

Does this mean that you are buying some for yourself?

I bet that project is dreamy!

Hey Ericw, the blue colors are all natural!

BabyNurse, you know I am dying over your blue akoyas and always tell PP on their buying trips to look for blue akoyas and I'll only accept ones as blue as yours. Lol after many buying trips, still no dice!

BTW, I am a bit curious about your silvery blue tahitians and the blue akoyas. Can you kindly entertain us and take some side by side comparison photos??? Thank you! :eek:

I'm sure you are high up on the list (if that's any comfort!).

The Tahitians are usually silver unless I wear them certain colors that bring out the blue. Here they are with sea foam and I'll follow up with those comparison shots of the little blue akoya and Tahitians.

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

Ha Ha, let me know if you decide you do want to part with them. (Big girls need big pearls.;)) I had such fun trying on a few of your stunning necklaces at the 2016 Ruckus.

I adore Chubster, and the tiny lavender freshwater rope from Mikeyy really brings out the lovely pink/lavender overtones on Chubster. I love the photo of Hilda wearing mom's pearls. I'm glad to hear she is recovering nicely.

I love your blue and gold combo on day 202. You had me running to try my GSS strand with my dark blue Tahitians and blue baroque akoyas.

I have you to thank for Chubster's pendant finding! I went with the one you had custom made by John. Only mine has a smaller diamond in the bale (hmm not sure where my judgement was for that aspect!)

Comparison between silver-blue Tahitians (Pearl Paradise) and blue baroque akoya (Hisano, little h Jewelry). Picture taken in mix of natural and fluorescent lighting.

IMG_3115.jpg IMG_3117.jpg

Thank you, amti, Sanippy, Katbran, BWeaves, battah, Jersey Pearl, ericw (curiosity is most welcome, Eric), Purranha, and Kay!

Day 204:

Pastel multicolor Tahitian necklace and dangles from Pearl Paradise.

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7869.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

Eggs care of Hilda, Hershey, and Sunny (and one buff Orpington).

I love the Easter Eggs with the real eggs - very artistic! A pastel oval/drop strand is still on my wish list. Yours is so gorgeous!

Back