365 Days of Pearls

According to my measuring tape, the largest pearl is about 15mm, Jersey Pearl. I have specifics jotted down *somewhere*. When I come across them, I'll post them for you.

Thank you, Red, Luvglitz, TxPearLV, 2thdktr, and Jersey Pearl!

Day 201:

Tiny lavender freshwater rope from Mikeyy with South Sea drop from Golay, and freshwater drop dangles.

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

Update on my hen, Hilda: She is doing great! She had her 1 week post-op appointment yesterday with the vet and her foot is healing nicely. The other foot has gotten a bit sore since she's been putting most of her weight on it so she now has dressings on both of her feet. She doesn't appear the least bit distressed though and really is as enthusiastic as ever. We go back in another week to have sutures removed and hopefully both dressings as well : )

Here she is on the the car ride to the vet.

IMG_3069.jpg

And after having the new dressings put on.

IMG_3070.jpg

Seems a propos to explain, when we bought Hilda as a young chick last year, we had just finished reading this book "Hilda The Hen Who Never Gave Up". We loved the book and couldn't wait to name one of our chicks Hilda! The name really fits as she's the most confident chilled-out hen. Honestly we're not sure she realizes she's a chicken.

IMG_3071.JPG

IMG_3041.jpg

Gah, Chubster is soooooo amazing! Love it as a chicken pendant bauble. Thank you for the Hilda story, and glad she is doing well.

Thanks Red! I won't lie, I hesitated for a moment before dangling it in front of her. That beak...! But as I said, I don't think she knows she's a chicken.

"Why of course I'm wearing Mom's pearls. And your question was...?"

Ooh, I adore that Golay pendant on the lavender tiny pearls from Mikeyy's suitcase!

note to self ... figure out how to buy pearls from Golay ...

CathyKeshi, baby nurse, my birdies are right in the middle of the moult now, they asked to wait for a photo session before early next month)) but I will definitely post photos)

BN, so nice to hear Hilda is recovering quickly! that book cover does look like your Hilda going on a little trip! :D and zebras (they are called "mandarins" here for some reason)) are delightful little beasts.. they don't get on very well with the gouldians, unfortunately, otherwise I would have had a mixed aviary for sure :)

Thanks, Pearl Dreams, Cathy, Katbran, BWeaves, and Lugana!

Katbran, Hilda did work on the bandage a little but there was so much sticky tape she may have figured it wasn't worth the bother lol. I ended up bringing her to a local vet to have it changed a couple days before the official post-op appointment because the foam "boot" had shifted off her foot.

Lugana, funny that mandarin/zebra finches don't get along with the gouldians! Such distinct little personalities! And I do agree, no bird deserves to be photographed mid-moult! My chickens were growing new feathers about 5 weeks ago and oh, did they look interesting.

Ok, so I said no bird deserves to be photographed mid-moult, but my chickens looked so dramatically different last fall that I took a few pics anyway. Here is Fluffy Mama missing a chunk of feathers behind her neck. I know you can interpret the picture easily Lugana, but for those who haven't seen this before, the quill-like things behind her neck are pin feathers which will emerge as regular feathers in a few days.

IMG_4072.jpg

Day 202:

Deep gold necklace from Eiko Pearl, blue-silver Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise, and sea foam Tahitian pendant from Kojima Pearl.

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

I love this thread so much. I never would have thought to put that combo together, and it looks fabulous.

I need to see that combination in person! My favorite golds, and that glorious blue Tahitian rope ... I feel dizzy ...

Chubster on the lavenders is such a brilliant idea. I absolutely adore that combo!

Used them all up on Baby Nurse's new post ... ordering by the case after this, JerseyPearl LOL.

Back