365 Days of Pearls

BWA-HAHAHHAHAHA! Actually, that's kind of cool looking. Very mod.

Love the Vietnamese akoyas and the dangle earrings.

PearlDreams, as soon as lights are dimmed, she will quieten down, if not actually sleep. And yes, a full belly keeps some of the restlessness at bay.
I have to set up some projects to keep her mind busy and away from that foot.
A simple one is to offer a bail of straw. She'll spend a happy couple of hours taking it apart, spreading it around and eating the hidden seeds.
I'm not sure what the story is with the Elizabethan collars. I was simply told that they don't use them with chickens. Maybe they do work with smaller birds and animals.

BN I don't think I ever noticed that your profile pic is a hen in pearls. That's amazing.

Thanks for the link, PearlDreams. Always great links from you !

A simple one is to offer a bail of straw. She'll spend a happy couple of hours taking it apart, spreading it around and eating the hidden seeds.

That's so cool! I would be just as happy watching her do that. I can spend all afternoon watching birds eat from my one and only bird feeder. I have to buy more. I love all birds, big and small. I use to have a chick as a pet when i was small but i don't remember what happened to it. I think i know but i'd rather not think about it. :(

Great pearls and pearl styling as always from you btw.

I use to have a chick as a pet when i was small but i don't remember what happened to it. I think i know but i'd rather not think about it. :(

My favorite "The Far Side" cartoon was a little chicken in bed, with the mother chicken with cat's eye glasses and an apron, feeding the little chicken chicken soup.

"Quit complaining and eat it! . . . Number one, chicken soup is good for the flu --- and number two, it's nobody we know."

baby nurse- I hope Hilda is on the mend. That is so adorable that they make a special wrapped bootie for her!

My favorite "The Far Side" cartoon was a little chicken in bed, with the mother chicken with cat's eye glasses and an apron, feeding the little chicken chicken soup.

"Quit complaining and eat it! . . . Number one, chicken soup is good for the flu --- and number two, it's nobody we know."

LOL, that's so funny Bweaves!!!

BN I don't think I ever noticed that your profile pic is a hen in pearls. That's amazing.

Better yet battah, she's a he! His name is Chickadee and he's the most chilled out, well-behaved rooster you'll ever meet :cool:

IMG_1604.jpg

That's so cool! I would be just as happy watching her do that. I can spend all afternoon watching birds eat from my one and only bird feeder. I have to buy more. I love all birds, big and small. I use to have a chick as a pet when i was small but i don't remember what happened to it. I think i know but i'd rather not think about it. :(

Great pearls and pearl styling as always from you btw.

It is very relaxing! Like watching fish in an aquarium, you know?

Thank you, Katbran, BWeaves, and jeg!

Day 197:

Ripple pearls from Catherine Cardellini and lavender dangles.

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

Day 198:

Tiny faceted tourmaline and South Sea Keshi necklace, and champagne South Sea studs. The necklace is from Kojima Pearl and the earrings are from Golay.

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

Chickadee looks great in pearls :) What a handsome fella.

Love your layers, as always, BN, and I'm digging that doily top! I love lace details.

I have some catching up to do and as usual, you never disappoint, BN! One gorgeous layering after another and it's as if you're a manikin or model displaying the pearls for a store. They all look amazing and make me realize I don't have enough pearls!

Keeping my fingers crossed that this stays on-- Hilda is very nimble with her beak!

I hope Hilda is doing better! Don't worry about the boot - I have lady gouldian finches, and one of them once developed a blood clot blockage in the toe (o.0). Had to surgically remove the affected toe, and the first thing the little bugger (is this word allowed?) did after waking up from anastasia was to take off the dressing :D the most important are the first two hours and after that the healing process caaaan stick on just the stitch being in place. Keep us posted on Hilda's well being please!

Lugana, could we coax you into posting a few photos of your finches ... they sound adorable! There's a Pets thread if you don't want to put here on Baby Nurse's thread ...

Back