365 Days of Pearls

baby nurse -- I was with you when you bought the rope of small lavenders. I would never have thought to hang chubster from this strand and it works so well!!! You're a pearl styling genius!

I also love your multi-colored Vietnamese akoya with the keshi dangles!

I hope Hilda is doing better! Don't worry about the boot - I have lady gouldian finches, and one of them once developed a blood clot blockage in the toe (o.0). Had to surgically remove the affected toe, and the first thing the little bugger (is this word allowed?) did after waking up from anastasia was to take off the dressing :D the most important are the first two hours and after that the healing process caaaan stick on just the stitch being in place. Keep us posted on Hilda's well being please!

I looked up lady gouldian finches and they're beautiful! Years ago I had a zebra finch and she was the best pet. I had her unti she was about 7 or 8 years old and she had the funniest little song! I named her Grover but my sister used to call her Groovy and the name stuck :cool: I hope you do share pics of your finches!

And I hope you're right about the healing Lugana! Im not sure if the recovery process from an infection is any different from your finch's blood clot...? The vet actually referred to it as an abscess. There were 2 infected areas on the foot; the vet opened them up while Hilda was under anesthesia, cleaned them, sutured and then applied the bandage. Sooo, my concern is that they stay clean and dry until completely healed. She is on antibiotics-- I suppose time will tell..

I have some catching up to do and as usual, you never disappoint, BN! One gorgeous layering after another and it's as if you're a manikin or model displaying the pearls for a store. They all look amazing and make me realize I don't have enough pearls!

There are never enough pearls!

baby nurse -- I was with you when you bought the rope of small lavenders. I would never have thought to hang chubster from this strand and it works so well!!! You're a pearl styling genius!

BAS, thank you! What a great time it was pouring over Mikeyy's goodies!

Day 199:

Freshwater petal pearls (Keshi?) from Catherine Cardellini and freshwater dangles.

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

So feminine and flirty and playful. I just love this piece!

What BAS said :)

I looked up those finches too ... begging for photos somewhere on the pet thread?

I really, really, love this necklace. Anything that looks like flowers, and pink, too...

..just catching up on the last few days. So many lovely pearls, BN! I hope your Hilda is doing better today.

Thank you, BAS, Cathy, jeg, Katbran, and SunSeeker!

Day 200:

Tahitian necklace from Golay and Tahitian dangles from Kojima Pearl.

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

Yes, they are big and look best with a very simple top I think.

You know, I like them on me but at the 2016 Ruckus, Kay tried them on and they looked amazing on her! She's quite a bit taller than I am and I was shocked at how good they looked around her neck. Not sayin' that I want to part with these... just thinking out loud:cool:

Kay is a big gal who can really rock those big pearls. I love this with your grey t-shirt. Who says you need to wear fancy clothes with pearls?

Love the Kojima ear pendants as well. Of course, anything red catches my interest! Those rondelles add such a nice touch, and I love the ovoid shape that they hang from.

I think of all your pearls, this Tahitian is my favorite. I've actually saved it as my dream necklace!

Back